Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Name your lifting injuries...

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
strained left rotator a couple months back...just got back to lifting and slowly but surely will get back to full lifts
some arthritis in my right shoulder
pulled lower back after taking a misstep walking out a squat with 365lbs
wrenched knee

C

Closeprotected

Dec 20, 2010
I just had minimal invasive laser spine surgrey on my c-spine to correct my neck problem from heavy lifting, after a while it takes its toll. I should be in the gym in 6 weeks and i should have better lifting than in a long time. The place I went for the operation is amazing. All the work that was done on my c-spine was done while i was on local anesthesia, i was awake for the whole operation. They say i should have complete recovery. The place i went was LSI in Tampa florida.

C

Closeprotected

Dec 20, 2010
I forgot to mention had a acl tear. Later on i ended up have it replaced and a piece off my patella grafted to replace my acl and a screw on each end of it. Hope this is the last of the injuries.

E

eddieg

Dec 20, 2010
Lower back spinal injury from going into a standing calf raise wrong....Damn ameteur!!! Also had an umbilical hernia which i chalked up to heavy lifting and perhaps poor form... I saw a guy chop the tip off his finger a couple months ago courtesy of an ill directed dumbell being put back onto the rack...Poor bastard!

Sadie

Sadie

TID Lady Member
Oct 2, 2010
dislocated shoulder ( i need a rotator cuff replacement)
shredded right pec
grade 2 shred tear right quad
i apparently have arthritis in my back hips and knees from lifting but it doesnt bug me yet

i currently have a detached collateral ligament and a 30%acl tear which didnt happen in the gym although it would have been less retarded had it happened there instead lol

Last edited:
S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Torn right bicep tendon, torn left pectoral, chronic right elbow pain. Too many stains and pulls to remember.

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
"knocks on head" In over 15 years of powerlifting only 1 injury.. Torn miniscus. Happend a few months ago.. Still nursing it..

M

Mad_dawg

Dec 9, 2010
Re: Name your lifting inuries...

Here's a little list of some of my injuries.......
embilical hernia,
torn MCL
minor tears to both pecs (blood bruising no surgery)
minor tear left bicep (blood gorging no surgery)
minor tears to both inner quads (again no surgery)
minor tear oblique (blood bruising)
minor tear hip abductor (major bruising)
tear in left calf (major bruising)
Complete rupture of left tricep (this was from falling off a ladder the day after a powerlifting contest where I finally hit 500lbs bench)
torn meniscus and stage 3 and 4 wear in left knee joint (arthritis)

Latest; Complete rupture of hamstring from hip bone. Have not had this repaired. Its just laying in there. :(

Some of this was in Judo but I have been lifting, mostly powerlifting for about 32 years, so I am fairly fortunate if you consider all the years of wear and tear.

The last two, the knee surgery last year and the blown hamstring last year as well have been the biggest deterrents.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011

herniated disk c 6,7
umbilical hernia
right torn rot cuff
soft tissue ankle strain

***all within the last 27 MONTHS

I have a new nickname for myself...KING OF PAIN :)

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010

currenlty left pec. Hurt it 3 weeks ago. going to test to see how it feels.

BGMRC

BGMRC

Dec 24, 2010

to many minor ones from my youngin days

but right now...DDD..degen disk

torn 70% of right tri off...cant do all push movement morn the 50% of what they used to be

rotator injuries from the dumb ass high incline...

still lingering dead nerves in left leg from quad down form a dislocated hip...hit my siatic nerve

mine all sux ass

cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010

blew my back out last week can hardly walk right now more pain then i remember from before.
my cycle will have to end and i will be off for a while.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic