Mycustomprotein.com

Discussion in 'My Custom Protein' started by mycustomprotein, Jan 3, 2017.

1. mycustomprotein

mycustomprotein Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Hello, my name is Ryan Root. I am the CEO and founder of mycustomprotein.com. We are the only nutritional supplement company that allows clients to customize ingredients based on their personal goals and individual needs. When we build a nutritional blend to fit a client, rather than make a client fit a pre-made proprietary blend, we can yield better results. Our business is based on educating the consumer and helping build a blend that compliments them perfectly. We believe we can change the paradigm in the way supplements are bought and sold and lead the way in this innovative new concept in this industry.

Other companies use a contract manufacturer to make their products. There are only a few big contract manufacturers, so all the big names use the same company. Optimum Nutrition, Universal, BSN, Met-RX, all come from the same place and same manufacturer. They just slap their label on it (it is called white labeling, and all other supplement companies do this), but it is in essence all the same stuff. They then sell it to a distributor, who sells it to a retailer, who then sells it to the consumer. I buy my ingredients from the largest ingredient supplier in the U.S., Prinova, which has the highest regards for quality control and has the most superior quality ingredients. I then manufacture and distribute directly to the consumer myself. I cut out 3 levels of markup and middlemen, allowing me to sell all these supplements cheaper than any other company out there. Cheaper than bodybuilding.com or any other retailer anywhere. I guarantee superior quality products at a cheaper price than anywhere else.

I have been a bodybuilder for 25 years, and eat, sleep, and breathe this industry. I have a degree in biochemistry, and have curtailed my studies around the science of:

- Athlete optimization/readiness

- Exercise physiology

- Sports nutrition research

- Performance exercise

- Nutrition based muscular development and sports performance

- New product formulation/Ingredient innovation

Thank you very much for you time and allowing me to join your illustrious community. I will make myself readily available for discussion and to help optimize blends to compliment your personal needs.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Root

prime, rodgeur, canewme and 1 other person like this.
  2. IronSoul

IronSoul TID Board Of Directors

Apr 2, 2013
    Looking forward to seeing this Ryan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mycustomprotein likes this.
  3. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Ryan it's great to have you here at the iron den, welcome.

4. Torres

Torres MuscleHead

Sep 16, 2013
    Welcome To TID brother !!!

5. PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance Strength Pimp Staff Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Do you sell a whey isolate? I just see the stuff with concentrate on the label too. Usually bugs my stomach.

6. HDH

HDH TID Board Of Directors

Sep 30, 2011
    Welcome and good luck.

H

7. chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420 VIP Member

Oct 9, 2012
    welcome to the board sir!

8. mycustomprotein

mycustomprotein Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I don't have a pure isolate yet. I will in the future. What tends to bother people's stomach is the fillers that brands put into their flavoring system. I created my flavoring system to have minimal ingredients and no fillers. The result is a very clean tasting protein that is popular because it doesn't give you that bubble gut or nauseous feeling associated with many protein brands. I am willing to bet that my protein will not bother your stomach.

canewme likes this.
  9. mycustomprotein

mycustomprotein Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Offering products by weight is a common deceptive tactic used by supplement companies. When a company offers a price by weight, this opens the door for them to add fillers and pointless ingredients to increase the weight and actually lower the protein content of the supplement. Lets look at BSN's Syntha-6 as an example, Pictured at bottom. The nutritional facts are also shown below.
    Syntha-6 is one of the most popular protein supplements in the world, and I will show you how it is not only a poor supplement but how they use weight to deceptively sell a product full of fillers. The first thing you notice when you look is that is has 6g of fat per serving and 200 calories per serving. Not good for an ultra premium lean muscle protein powder. Now look at the serving size, 47.2g per serving. Now notice that there is 22g of protein per serving. Do some quick math and you can see that this supplement is less than 50% protein. You buy 5lbs of this and only half of it is usable product. Let's look in the ingredients and I see ingredients that are completely unnecessary and are used just as fillers to add weight. Sunflower powder, polydextrose, and MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride) powder. MCT powder is just as it sounds, a fat powder. That is all it is. These are all fillers, so when you buy 2lbs, or 5lbs, you are only buying half that in useful product.

This is why I offer my products by number of servings per container. I have no fillers, and ensure I have a very clean, very pure, and a very high quality protein in my products. Although I print the weight, it is a better testament of how much product you are getting to go by amount of servings per container.

2.91 Lbs. Chocolate Cake Batter
    Serving Size:1Rounded Scoop(47.2g)
    Servings Per Container:About 28
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 200
    Calories From Fat 50
    % Daily Value***8224;
    Total Fat 6g 9%
    Saturated Fat 2g 10%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 55mg 18%
    Sodium 220mg 8%
    Potassium 300mg 9%
    Total Carbohydrates 15g 5%
    Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
    Sugar 2g
    Protein 22g 44%
    Vitamin A 0%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 15%
    Iron 7%
    Phosphorus 15%
    Magnesium 6%
    ***8224; Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
    Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    Ingredients:
    Protein Matrix Comprised Of (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Albumin, And Glutamine Peptides), Sunflower Powder (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono- & Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, And Tocopherols), Polydextrose, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Natural & Artificial Flavors, MCT Powder (Medium Chain Triglycerides, Non-Fat Dry Milk, Disodium Phosphate, And Silicon Dioxide), Salt, Cellulose Gum, Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Papain, And Bromelain.
    Allergen Information:
    Contains Milk, Egg, Wheat And Soy (Lecithin) Ingredients.
    Allergen Warning:
    Manufactured On Equipment Which Processes Products Containing Milk, Egg, Soybeans, Wheat, Shellfish, Fish Oil, Tree Nuts, And Peanut Flavor.

canewme likes this.
  10. IronSoul

Apr 2, 2013
    POB using protein powder? TF

11. PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance Strength Pimp Staff Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Rarely. I keep some on hand in case I am in a jam somehow. Maybe once every couple months I might have a shake.

Just enjoy food a bit too much.

IronSoul likes this.
  12. IronSoul

Apr 2, 2013
    I hear ya man. It's good to have some sround