Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

My Turn........Covid (+), out to Quarantine

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
MikeRN, my other healthcare brothers. How are you guys making out. how are the conditions at your facility.

We are so fucked.

I had 10 patients at once. Usually no more than 6 under these conditions. No ancillary staff. I had 3 patients that required sitters...for Dementia and confusion.....no sitters available. the staff and I rotated sitting. No breaks.......

Labs needed......No phlebotomy.

Need to refill meds in the Omnicell......long wait because Pharmacy is short....but they just hired Travelers

No lunch, the cooks are out in the kitchen. 2 people to take the meal order for the Patients.......my facility has over 1000 beds.

I am not rushing to go back. maybe next week if I feel up to it.

sorry....the hero shiat is over.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
MikeRN, my other healthcare brothers. How are you guys making out. how are the conditions at your facility.

We are so fucked.

I had 10 patients at once. Usually no more than 6 under these conditions. No ancillary staff. I had 3 patients that required sitters...for Dementia and confusion.....no sitters available. the staff and I rotated sitting. No breaks.......

Labs needed......No phlebotomy.

Need to refill meds in the Omnicell......long wait because Pharmacy is short....but they just hired Travelers

No lunch, the cooks are out in the kitchen. 2 people to take the meal order for the Patients.......my facility has over 1000 beds.

I am not rushing to go back. maybe next week if I feel up to it.

sorry....the hero shiat is over.
Thanks for what you do and wishing you good health and recovery
My wife is a RN in a nursing home and it's pretty much under control as far as patients go but alot of staff out so she is miserable.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
That sucks dude, I'm so happy my wife doesn't work the floor anymore, especially with her breathing issues. I feel like everyone is getting Covid in the past 2 weeks, so many so that they are changing the quarantine rules so there are people to work.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . so many so that they are changing the quarantine rules so there are people to work.
Sucks when those who are designated to give the best medical advice keep changing what the best medical advice is. Maybe Dylan got it right a long time ago ... you don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Sucks when those who are designated to give the best medical advice keep changing what the best medical advice is. Maybe Dylan got it right a long time ago ... you don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows.
Dylan Dreyer?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Dylan Dreyer?
SHE's a weatherwoman, Buttmunch. The pop culture reference was to Lil' Bobby Zimmerman, who was himself referring to the Weathermen splinter group of SDS ... back when people distrusted their government.

Heather Tesch is MY weatherwoman, btw.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
SHE's a weatherwoman, Buttmunch. The pop culture reference was to Lil' Bobby Zimmerman, who was himself referring to the Weathermen splinter group of SDS ... back when people distrusted their government.

Heather Tesch is MY weatherwoman, btw.
Someone appears to have low humidity below the belly button

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
@2ez thank you for all you do! Yes, it’s getting crazy with Covid again. Are they giving you hazard pay? Some places are paying so much you could make 2 years salary in 6 months.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
@2ez thank you for all you do! Yes, it’s getting crazy with Covid again. Are they giving you hazard pay? Some places are paying so much you could make 2 years salary in 6 months.
The incentive pay for now is $660 extra for a 12hr shift....plus time and a half.

The Travelers are getting $70k for a 13 week contract to work 48hrs per week i believe they said.

the $70k does not include OT.....which is at least $175/hr minimum for Med Surg RNs. more for other areas.

Traveling Nursing Assistants are getting $60/hr minimum...not incl OT. sometimes OT is just sitting with a confused Patient.

but even with the money.....people are not biting. no supporting staff. hard to do 12hrs minimum, having 8 to 10 pts. with no help.

Last night......only 1 RN reported for work on my Primary floor. over 20 pts. Not sure how that worked...but i know they were aggressively finding replacements from everywhere....sending other RN's to rotate floors for 2, 4 hrs at a time.

We are having additionally issues with Pressure Ulcers....skin breakdown. If a Patient develops a PU.....there may not be a bill for that admission. To prevent, we turn and position patients every 2hrs. But how can you reposition properly, with only one...maybe 2 Nurses, when sitting with a confused patient....while walking another to the bathroom, while giving medication, while walking down to the pharmacy to get medication what was not delivered and cannot be sent thru the tubing system.

Incentive for the Emergency room is $105/hr......so that is over $1200 bonus for the shift not incl time and a half. and people are still not biting.

I haven't touched on the Covid units....same issues......

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Man please don't take this the wrong way but I'm glad you got covid, or at least tested positive for it. Now you can stop and breathe for a minute.

I say this because I'm pretty sure you will make it out just fine. You are killing yourself for an industry that has played one of the biggest parts in making you have to kill yourself.

I could list studies on 6 or 7 different treatments that knock this shit out on the quick. Now, I think the majority of the people on this board know they work and could make this all go away.

Get some rest dude and think about why you are going through this when you really don't have to.

Get well man.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic