Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

My TDEE need macro help break down

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I cook everything now first then weigh it out. I never thought about the difference between cooked and un-cooked meats. .

There is a huge difference and one of the many pitfalls of tracking properly. Myfitness pal database is riddled with garbage info too. (or it was a few years ago...might be better now).

USDA has published data for all kinds of food. It is easy to get. Most lean proteins are about 6g pro per oz RAW. Cooked 1oz of chicken (figuring 70% of orignal weight) has 8.5g.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
There is a huge difference and one of the many pitfalls of tracking properly. Myfitness pal database is riddled with garbage info too. (or it was a few years ago...might be better now).

USDA has published data for all kinds of food. It is easy to get. Most lean proteins are about 6g pro per oz RAW. Cooked 1oz of chicken (figuring 70% of orignal weight) has 8.5g.

This is correct. Most foods are evaluated raw because cooking alters the weight entirely too much to be accurate. Always weigh before cooking unless the info you have says cooked, in which case, keep in mind the margin of error it can have.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic