Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

My Saturday evening dinner with my family interrupted by a gun fight.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011

I was eating with my family Saturday night. We'd just sat down outside of the restaurant in the patio area and placed our drink and appetizers orders. Beautiful night too, there were at least 100 people, mostly families with children eating outside. The waitress brings us our drinks and suddenly I hear gun shots coming up the street towards us, moving closer. I realized that the gunshots were coming from moving cars. About 100 feet away I see a little grey car, a Toyota or Honda following a white car, probably a Chevy and the two were firing at each other. The one car blew out of the other car's window and then the car in front hit the gas a sped out of sight. The other car hit the gas and followed. It sounded like 9mm fire.

We've been sheltered, in a sense. Sarasota, especially where I live, is very affluent and these things are pretty rare. So I was shaken a bit. Not out if fear for me, but fear for my family and friends. Oddly enough I stayed standing while everybody else hit the ground to avoid the bullets. I knew the bullets could kill me, but didn't seem to care. All I was thinking was that I couldn't do much to help the situation if I was on the ground. Also, being on the ground is no guarantee of avoiding a bullet.

Nobody around the area was hurt. So there's that. The cops locked the area down about 5 minutes later and the helicopters came and started searching. We gave our statements.

Needless to say I changed my drink order from coffee to beer!

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Wow....really aweful to have that BS so close to home. Sounds like a really good reason for CCW. What's the law in FL when it comes to firearms in public?

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Wow that is some crazy shit.Im seriously thinking about cc.I work in some shitty areas and I'm blown away KCMO got on the defund the police band wagon.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Wow....really aweful to have that BS so close to home. Sounds like a really good reason for CCW. What's the law in FL when it comes to firearms in public?

We have nice easy concealed carry laws. An online test and the some quick time at the range.

3 people at our table were actually carrying. It just happened so fast. Especially when the shooting first started we were all trying to figure out where the sound was coming from. By the time we noticed the cars and realized that the cars were the source of the shooting, the cars were starting to move away. My cousin started to go to draw by then realized that the danger was moving away. And if we'd tried to fire from our angle we'd have been shooting towards a crowd.

Hopefully a camera caught the license plates.

Luckily nobody got seriously hurt or shot. Although a few kids were definitely traumatized. One father panicked and threw his kid to the ground and jumped onto his kid to cover the kid up. I think he accidently hurt his kid. My cousin's wife fucked her knee up getting on the ground in a big hurry. My wife scraped herself up on the concrete. But all things considered we're lucky.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Wow!....Glad to hear u and your family made it out relatively unscathed, friend!....That had to be an eye opener!....

I was reading the local newspaper and back a couple of months ago in our town, a man who worked at one of our CircleK's was shot accidentally while sitting at the gas pumps....Another worker was fired and the boyfriend of the manager who let the employee go got into a gun battle with the fired worker....The guy sitting at the pumps got shot (crossfire) and it killed him....He didn't even know why they were fighting....Sad, to say the least....

MARTY313

MARTY313

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2012
That’s crazy…. Glad you and the family were safe though. I couldn’t imagine a stray bullet hitting my kids or wife.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
God damn bro! Glad nothing bad happened to you and yours. We live in crazy times.

I hear shooting sometimes. It's during hunting season and from a high powered rifle but there's no need to worry; us hunters are way more accurate than some 16 y.o. gangbanger spraying lead with his 9.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
People's experiences like this and the effect that it has on them really exposes how desensitized I am to violence from being from Chiraq.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic