Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

My routine

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
I recently changed my routine, going from a 5-day split to a 3-day routine because I realized that my body needs more time to recover.

A fellow mod at another board gave me two different splits and I'm gonna alternate them.

Routine 1

Monday
Chest and mid- upper back

Wednesday
Shoulders and arms

Friday
Legs and lower back

Routine 2

Monday
Chest, shoulders and tris

Wednesday
Back and bis

Friday
Legs

+ a bit of abs every day.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
This looks pretty good MG. I like the variety, should help keep you motivated. As far as abs and core work, I always recommend people treat them just like any other muscle. For maximum core strength, you really should only be targeting that area 2-3 times per week. Instead of a little each day, go all out a couple days a week. recently, I've found out that "standing cable" routines work really really well for core strength. Take a "baseball" type swing with the cable in both hands, except don't extend your hands. Let your core pull the cable through "the hitting zone." I felt sore but really really good the day after the first time I did this....just something to think about.

Other than that, I like the direction you're going...keep it up!

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
I don't do weighted abs, that's why I do a bit of them every day.

I have a tendency to overtrain and that's why I decided to go from a 5-day routine to a 3-day split but when I have enough energy on my off days, I do cardio to keep unwanted fat off.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I don't do weighted abs, that's why I do a bit of them every day.

I have a tendency to overtrain and that's why I decided to go from a 5-day routine to a 3-day split but when I have enough energy on my off days, I do cardio to keep unwanted fat off.

Ya, that's good. I am at the gym 7 days a week...but I don't lift weights everyday

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
I do full body right now 3X a week with cardio also 3X a week on off lifting days.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic