What's New?

My new website ~ feedback welcomed

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
So what do you all think?

http://jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size

Still playing around with a few things and the music will be changed regularly lol. Any comments, suggestions please feel more than welcome to post them here or use the contact page on the site if you prefer. Hopefully as the site grows it will also serve to grow this one as well. Chur chur MF.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Remove the music completely. It's annoying. No one wants to hear music when they visit a site and it automatically plays. What if your speakers are turned way up? Bad idea.

Background image. I think you may think it's cute, but visually, it's bad. The contrast of the color of text that lays over it and the varying colors in the photo don't go together making the text hard to read. It's dark on dark.

Don't know if you made it by hand...but the html is all ****ed. Hard to read the source code, but i'm not a html expert.

I got a BA in tech/professional writing.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012

I put the music at half volume in case people had their speakers up ~ but I hear ya. I'll turn off the autoplay. Backdrop photo is hopefully going to turn into a slideshow, that pic is just there to showcase the scenery TBH and I thought it was simply a good, high quality pic I could use full size.

No clue about the html stuff, I just did the site myself and it will be a work in progress from now on.

Last edited:
Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
So what do you all think?

http://jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size

Still playing around with a few things and the music will be changed regularly lol. Any comments, suggestions please feel more than welcome to post them here or use the contact page on the site if you prefer. Hopefully as the site grows it will also serve to grow this one as well. Chur chur MF.

Ok bro here is my take, I was in IT for 23 years and have built a few. This is gonna be kind of harsh and I am sorry but this is what I see.

1. Don't use a free service for a "Professional Site" If you are going to have an online store this is a nono. People will think you cant afford to provide the product. There are sites out there if you dont have the experience to build one that is pretty cheap like Vistaprint. Also when you pay for it you can remove their advertising.
2. Take the music off all together.
3. Your font is conflicting with your background, change the background. I would'nt have a Strength site with a vacation shot as a background. Always background plain or what you are advertising.
4. Move your banner where your name and title is to the left, it looks kind of jumbled and off center.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks for your feedback, appreciate it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic