Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

My log: Training for a sub 3.30 marathon

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Cheers BI. With racing it's often good to leave it at least a few days before you state your feelings, as soon as I crossed the finish line I felt disappointed I'd missed what I'd set out to do by 11 minutes. I know I should be happy as I got two PB's in the process, but a few days on and I still fell pretty disappointed o_O

If my performance is put into context (as it probably should be), I should actually feel quite satisfied; in 2017 the winning time for the men's 50km was 3:36, this year the winning time was 4:02 which is nearly 30 minutes slower and no doubt attributable to the heat. On the woman's side, the main contender who has won it convincingly before dropped out at 42km this year... it was tough.

Onwards and upwards though, time to freshen up for the Christchurch marathon in just under 4 weeks time. Goal for that is 3:40.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Solid training block after the 50km race and have readjusted my marathon goal to shoot for a sub 3hr30, I'm one week out from it. Feeling good - strong and healthy.

3hr30 is a big ask of myself but I have confidence that I'm capable. I'm comfortably running around 4.30-4.40/km pace and a sub 3hr30 marathon requires an average pace of 4.58/km. Let's get this done!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Well that was tough - cold and raining the whole time! I was on target to run 3hr30 until the final 4km but the weather ended up getting to me and I couldn't quite keep the pace up. Still really happy though all things considered. Just as a side note, this 'marathon' ended up being 42.6km and that extra 400m is fairly evident in the second photo :)

zB5WVyHl.jpg

hBnUq2Ol.jpg

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/n...ing-a-comeback-despite-wet-weather-conditions

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Just crushing it.... That's awesome.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Back in the gym as of last week, haven’t ran for a month due to burnout. I’ll be back at some point to tick off that sub 3.30 marathon but for now I’m back under the bar and enjoying the change.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Glad to see you back man!

How have you been??

By burn out do you mean you just needed to take a break?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic