My log: Training for a sub 3.30 marathon

Discussion in 'Member Online Journals' started by Mini Forklift Ⓥ, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ The Veganator

Dec 23, 2012
    What a day! It rained hard for the first 2hrs and I got quite cold. The downpour also turned the first half of the course into an unrunnable, slippery mud bath. I think we were all pretty happy when the sun came out about 15km into it, a lot of very guys I talked to during the first half were already mentally struggling - it was tough out there. A few blokes I ran with during the first half of the race told me they were 'absolutely fucked', one of them had even been crying.

I was okay; had zero low points or rough patches although I was a bit concerned at one point after it took me just over 30mins to cover just 2km (kilometres 23-25)!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BrotherIron likes this.
  2. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    Good to see you still going hard.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ likes this.
  3. Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Dec 23, 2012
    Thanks BI. The finish line was the most special part of the day, quite emotional for me. So much love in this photo :D

[​IMG]

Will sign up for the St James 100km mountain race next week, will be my first attempt at that distance and I truly don't know if I can do it. But guess that's half the 'fun' of it.

DungeonDweller likes this.
  4. BrotherIron

Mar 6, 2011
    Push yourself MF. I don't know if I told ya, but my brother used to run ultra marathons and has moved up to centuries.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ likes this.
  5. woodswise

woodswise TID Board Of Directors

Apr 29, 2012
    Good luck next week MF!

6. fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite TID Lady Member

Oct 11, 2017
    This is dope! Props to you! WTG! Love that pic of you and your daughter. Sweet photo!

Oh yea you can will do this next week! Keep that focus!

7. Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Dec 23, 2012
    Game on now.

Entered the St James 'High Country 100km' race which takes place on January 20th. Tough race with lots of climbing and a 16.5hr cutoff time... I have been accepted.

8. BrotherIron

Mar 6, 2011
    Congrats that's awesome