Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

My log: Training for a sub 3.30 marathon

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks BM, glad to survive. Stunning scenery which made it all the more bearable, was like running in an oven though!

10940491_10152736287583720_5726300911578186087_n.jpg

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Congratulations, thats a incredible race you ran! Did you hit your goal of 7hrs?
Thanks everyone.

Nope... 8hr15 !! A VERY long day to be out in the sun lol.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Here's a short race recap from a Canadian girl that I gave a lift to the start line. Ended up running quite a bit of the race with her before she took off and left me in her dust at the end :261:

"Got a ride the finish with miniforklift to pick up the shuttle to the start, which cost $50. That's no free shuttle to the race. Total rip off, but the only downside of the organization, rest was amazing. Fabulous volunteers and and stations and great prizes at the end. I was given a $500 macpac gortex jacket because I was the Canadian girl.
As for the race it was great, but not much was runnable. The first climb was fine but the next two big ones were tough. With the last one being 6k from the finish. The downs were either grassy and steep where you could easily slip or skree with super tight switchbacks. I was having some stomach issues that slowed me down. It was also the hottest it has ever been for this race. So although much was like a dessert and the river crossing were quite low I managed to find a mud puddle and sink in waist deep and eat dirt. Puck!
We had an aid station at 17km and 33km. After the second AS I was told I was 4th female so I tried to chase down 3rd. But actually I was 5th and well behind 4th. However it was a great motivator. Trail was tough to figure out at times but i didn't get lost, everyone did an extra kilometer (this course was actually 51.5km).The race started with a crack of a whip and all first out-right got whips. I tried to get one. The lady wanted to give otherwise to me but the RD wasn't having. Great way to end my trip."

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I have a hard time working 8 hrs and your out running and climbing mountains the whole time! You're a incredible athlete Mini, much respect!

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Well done on your race, Mini! Sounds like it was a real challenge, but it also sounds like you had a good time of it!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
You don't so much feel like you are having a good time when you are out there cramping up on a hill or vomiting at the side of a stream, but yeah looking back on it... was a bloody great day. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Good to see you back around bro. Actually thought about you yesterday when I was buying some asics for running. I hope all is well brother

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Good to see you back around bro. Actually thought about you yesterday when I was buying some asics for running. I hope all is well brother
Yeah all good, apart from battling with a back injury that has sidelined me from from running. That's why I'm back in the gym again ~ and adding some much needed size and muscle back onto my frame isn't a bad thing.

Which Asics did you end up getting?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic