Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

My journey to show #1

JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
Not sure if this should be here or in training logs. Please move it wherever you would like it.

JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
Thanks HTU.

Today I took the day off from work and training to see a Dr for my lower back issues. They ordered a mri, therapy, and gave me more pills. I'm not much for the PT and pills route, been there done that. I am looking forward to the mri so I can find out what's going on and some get real treatment options.

No matter what I'm staying on course for this show though. I'll update again soon. Thanks for dropping in and commenting guys.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Awesome work man.

Sorry about your back. MRI will point you in the right direction.

Reactions: JC3
Carmine

Carmine

Apr 29, 2016
Keep the hard wrk bro !a friend of mine does comps and loves it.chk out some you tube vids on posing.Posing coaches are worth the money if you want to take it to the next level.All the hard wrk pays off weather you place or not.Good luck

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Are you doing a body building contest or a men's phy contest or Classic phy?
You are in great shape for a Sept show. Posing is going to kill you if you don't
Figure it out. I don't believe you need to spend big bucks to a guy to coach you.
Just find some one the gym that know what the F they are talking about.
Then you just practice the shit out of posing.

Keep up the great work. Oh stay the hell away from dnp.you have zero need for
Such a thing.
Good luck,
Gc

JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
Thanks Turbo. Back has been an off and in thing for years. It's starting to be a lot more on than off now, so it's time to address it. I'm sure I will come on here crying and asking for advice after the mri...lol.

JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
To be honest gotclen....I don't know. Been planning on a mens physique show, but it's really going to depend on my weight and look closer to show time.

I'm hoping for physique as all I will have to do is learn to quarter turn and lineup.

Actually learning a posing routine and choreography for 60 seconds scares the shit out of this left footed country boy.

Thank you for the input on the posing and dnp. I'm video practicing now and am planning on getting together with a few other competitors I've met to get better. The dnp is more of a curiosity killed the cat thing. I know I can lean out without it. Just always wondered how well it really works. I never seem to see complete logs w before after photos of someone 15 percent or under.

Thanks again man.

Last edited:
JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
Thank you Carmine. I appreciate you commenting and helping out. I'm nervous but excited to do one and experience the whole thing.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Your legs aren't a total wash, you have time to bring em up before Sept. Classic Physique is much more "dignified" than Men's Bikini. Most Physique guys I know are moving up into Classic. You might even be too big for MPD honestly.

JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
Thanks Mike. I see by your posts you are into it and was hoping you would reply.

I feel I will be too small for classic and too big for physique. Classic allows 215 lbs at 6 feet. I'm guessing I will be 200-205 stage weight and be top heavy

I was leaning towards physique this year for that and to pop my cherry, hide my wheels, easier posing, and gain an experience to see if I want to try again. I should be close to 215 stage weight next year. I know its cowardly, but I would rather be too big than too little with weak symmetry. If you really think I belong in classic based on my size, I will take that into serious consideration

I've met the person who puts the show on that I'm doing. He/she is a retired pro and I've asked their opinion as well on which division I should be in there. I've not received an email back though at this time.

If I do classic, I will have a ton of questions on prep and your advice on a few ideas I have to bring my wheels up quickly.... Hope you wouldnt mind and would have the time to help.

I really appreciate you stopping in.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic