Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

My first DNP run w/ log & pics!

R

Roger.Bologna

Mar 24, 2011
I have this log currently going on another forum and was asked to post this over here, so here I am. I'll copy & paste what I have posted on the other forum so far...
---------------------------------------------------------------

Since I can't ever seem to find ANY before/after pics of DNP runs on the net, this will be my log/attempt. I will try to update this thread daily til I'm done.

Stats:
5 foot 9 and approximately? No idea... I haven't been on a scale in 6 months, but I'll let the pictures be the judge for you all. Used to be 240 pounds in 2008, and got down to 210 5 months ago. Been slowly losing ever since by eating right, and moving more. (mix between weights and cardio) Told myself I wouldn't give DNP a whirl until I got my workout & eating regimen down proper.

I know I could lose the rest doing what I'm doing, but this DNP is burning a hole in my pocket, sitting in my cupboard for the past two years, so I figured I'd do a little experiment and post up the results.

Cycle:
As Conciliator has mentioned/suggested, don't plan out your DNP cycle in stone, since it's all about assessing tolerance first. That being said, from personal experience, I'm fairly sensitive to anything new I put in my body, so I will be starting very low.

I have a bag full of two year old, black/yellow capsules @ 150mg crystal a piece. I think this comes out to 112.5mg's of actual DNP. Guy I got them from tossed a anti-moisture packet in there, lol... not sure if that helped keep them fresher or not, haha. (even in a plastic bag, this shit stained the hell out of my cupboard yellow)

So the goal is popping one 150mg cap around 1pm w/ food. I will do this for 4 days and on the 5th day, I'll assess if I want to go higher. Goal is a short 10 day cycle for now w/ hopefully no side effects.

Diet:
I do intermittent fasting, (loosely based around the leangains.com version) which may be dropped if I feel like shit on DNP. But will continue to eat super clean on a 40/40/20 split (carbs/protein/fat) which I may modify, depending on how I feel. Will eat around -500 under maintenance give or take. (2500-ish is my maintenance) Will keep some apples & bananas around for the fructose, which I read can help with lethargy, if I encounter any. Otherwise I will stick to complex carbs... sugar generally makes me feel like shit.

Diet will consist primarily of lean boneless/skinless chicken breast, Ezekiel sprouted grain & whole grain bread, steel cut oats, tuna, cottage cheese, a lot of salad, almonds, almond butter & almond milk primarily. I'll toss in some fruit as necessary.

Supplements:
Opti-Men multi
Fishoil - 3g's three times day w/ meals
R-ALA - 100mg's three times a day w/ meals
Acetyl-L-Tyrosine - 300mg's once in the morning
Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 500mg's three times a day
Vitamin E - 1000mg's @ night w/ last meal
Vitamin C - 1000mg's time released twice a day
Mega B-Complex - once a day, after first meal
Quercetin - 1000mg's twice a day
Yohimbine HCL - 15mg's first thing in the morning
Might also pickup some Glycerin & Pyruvate, we'll see...
Plenty of water, some V8 on hand, Pedialyte & Benedryl just in case.
Couple tablespoons of Brags Apple Cider Vinegar morning & night to try and maintain a good ph balance... since as I understand it, DNP makes your bodies ph balance tip towards acidic. ACV should help as a good alkalizing agent... (along with all the almonds I consume)

No EC stack... Ephedrine fucks with me bad. Never been able to handle that stuff in the past. Which is why I won't touch Clen. So just coffee & Modafinil for energy. Modafinil also doubles as a great appetite suppressor.

Will take my temperature throughout the day, to make sure everything is fine. Have a blood glucose meter as well, to make sure I don't go hypo. (I'm not a diabetic...)

Plan on hitting the weights, light, 3 times a week, Monday/Wednesday/Friday... undecided on the cardio on alternate days... may leave that out.

Before pic attached...

Even tho DNP makes you retain water, I'll still post a mid cycle pic again in 5 or so days.

Attachments

• 03212011_dnp_sidebyside.jpg
    03212011_dnp_sidebyside.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 11,648
Last edited:
R

Roger.Bologna

Mar 24, 2011
Day 1

Down the hatch, first 150mg capsule... average temperature reading taken a few times was 97.6

Will take it again in a couple hours.

2 hour mark:

Temperature taken like a half dozen times... 99.0

I don't 'feel' hotter or any side effects to mention so far, other then the increased temperature on the thermometer.

Blood Glucose is @ 82 mg/dL

Workout:

Well, tonight was Shoulders & Chest night and I will have to say... for 6 months, my workout regimen, has been consistent every week and strength goes up on a steady curve.

Well tonight a couple new things, 1. right after my first set, I was already starting to sweat, that never happens... 2. i felt like I was always out of breath, sorta like a constant, mini asthma attack (I've been an asthmatic my whole life, so I pay attention to my breathing very closely)

Strength, while not weak, definitely did not improve like on the steady, increased curve that I'm used too.

Some of this may be in my head, since these are all the effects I've read that can happen and being I'm only on my first day and a fairly low dose... take the above with a grain of salt.

Temperature back down to normal range... 97.5

R

Roger.Bologna

Mar 24, 2011
Day 2:

Odd night sleeping... a bit of insomnia, but I don't think it was the DNP. Might of popped too many caffeine capsules before working out, not sure. But felt very restless most of the night...

Since the nights get pretty cold here still, I usually still sleep in a hoodie and under the blanket. Well forget that last night, I was definitely hotter then norm and woke up with my pillow slightly damp... all tho very slightly. Definitely a bit more parched then usual as well throughout the night.

Temperature is fine this A.M.... 96.5, energy is fine, no hunger cravings or lethargy... going to still continue my intermittent fasting if I can throughout this. Will test my blood sugar here around noon to see if it's abnormally low due to the DNP. Decided to skip morning, fasted LISS cardio... not gonna push it this first time around I think... and stick to the weights.

R

Roger.Bologna

Mar 24, 2011
Day 3

No side effects to really report... feel strong for the most part, no lethargy, slept fine last night.

16+ hour fasted blood glucose - 84 mg/dL,
Temperature - 96.8

Still @ 150mg DNP capsule per day.

R

Roger.Bologna

Mar 24, 2011
Day - 4

16 Hour fasting Blood Glucose - 79mg/dL

Temperature 98.5, so a bit more elevated versus previous days?

Otherwise, no side effects to really report yet.

Downing another 150mg cap in about an hour or so after I eat...

:EDIT:

Just noticed I'm sweating... all tho very slightly... it's 36 degrees outside.

Getraw

Getraw

VIP Member
Feb 6, 2011
You sweating yellow yet? I would wake up in a yellow pool of sweat. Good log though its always good to see ones experience day to day.

GR

R

Roger.Bologna

Mar 24, 2011
Not sweating yellow yet, haha...

But was starting to get slightly light headed this A.M. and continued throughout the day getting slightly worse, but nothing not tolerable....

Just had my first meal... within 15 minute just about all light headed-ness went away.

Even tho my blood glucose was fine, I'm thinking there's some other mechanism @ play here, maybe not fully understood by DNP. I may drop the intermittent fasting all together now in the morning and eat something small....

Getraw

Getraw

VIP Member
Feb 6, 2011
Just a heads up; hope it doesnt happen to you; but I ended up getting hives after the first week. I took some benadryl and it cleared it right up. Also helped me sleep better at night. I got my best rest when I took the benadryl.

Much respect,
GR

R

Roger.Bologna

Mar 24, 2011
Just a heads up; hope it doesnt happen to you; but I ended up getting hives after the first week. I took some benadryl and it cleared it right up. Also helped me sleep better at night. I got my best rest when I took the benadryl.

Much respect,
GR

I carry a bottle around with me just in case, lol... I've been taking Quercitin, which I know can act as a anti-histamine, so hopefully that keeps the hives @ bay.

But thanks for the tip for using Benedryl as a sleep aid... I totally forgot that shit knocks me out, haha...

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
Lethargy will kick in. Bright yellow piss will kick in. Constant film of sweat will kick in. DNP also messes with my vision, like makes things a little blurrier, but could be from the exhaustion. By day 4, if you can handle it, bump it up.

R

Roger.Bologna

Mar 24, 2011
Lethargy will kick in. Bright yellow piss will kick in. Constant film of sweat will kick in. DNP also messes with my vision, like makes things a little blurrier, but could be from the exhaustion. By day 4, if you can handle it, bump it up.

Today is day 4 and little to no sides...

I'll definitely bump it up tomorrow.

Getraw

Getraw

VIP Member
Feb 6, 2011
Yea time to bump it up and feel the burn..lol.

GR

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic