Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

My Diet Is Killing My Training :(

D

Dmenace

May 3, 2015
Guys/Ladies,
Firstly i'd like to say hello as i am a new joiner! and can't wait to recieve advice from the gym gurus here :)

Im in the military and train as much as possible (I hate CV) but i do love weights and try to keep to a strict diet when i can but at times the food we get served on base is high in carbs and the high protein options tend to be covered in batter or deep fried.

I train a min of 5 times a week with rest periods in between and when i train i train well and hard. I use Androrush Bullnox as a pre workout as i am usually shattered from a days work then have protein shakes through out the day to keep my potein intake at a good amount.

i have good size but at the same time i see excess fat on my body and would love to get some advice from people on how i can reduce the fat and still eat well...
all advice is welcome so please help me.

Many Thanks :)
Den

JC3

JC3

Jan 6, 2014
You need to have a few numbers to tune your body in.

How many cals a day am I eating.
Am I maintaining, losing, or gaining weight.
What are my specific goals.

EXAMPLE:

I am eating 3500 cals a day and my weight is a soft 230 and not moving. I want to lose body fat and then get bigger.

Plan:

Drop 500 cals per day to lose a pound a week. Set a protein goal to hit at about 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight (350). Do your best to eat the cleanest sources of carbs and fats.

It's really that simple. But it takes work and discipline to make it happen. I know it and am a long ways from how big and lean I want to be.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
First of all welcome and if you like, start a thread in the intro section so more people can get to know you.

It sounds to me like you are on a fixed diet adding protein. There are two options really. You would have to cut back on the food you eat throughout the day or add a few cardio sessions to the training or at separate times.

Unless you can change what you're eating, these will be the options. You will need less cals or more burnt. You may be able to burn extra through your training as well with lighter weights, more reps and less rest time between the sets.

H

D

Dmenace

May 3, 2015
guys thanks for the quick replies!!
im gonna start doing some more cv in the morning prior to work or maybe a half hour session at lunch of burning them calories off! im gonna eat brown rice and salad with either chicken or tuna for kunch and keep my intake of protein shakes to normal. ill continue training as usual and hopefully ill see a difference. ive taken before pics and hopefully ill see a good difference in my post pics. im not looking at weight as long as i look good and i can tell that my body fat has gone down.
thanks again for the feedback.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I have found the protein shakes slow my fat loss when I am cutting. So I limit myself to one or two per day.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Keep in mind that supps and cardio won't make up for a severely calorie surplus. You WILL need to make adjustments to diet if you want to make good progress. As already mentioned, you need to figure out what your current calories are. "Cleaning up" a diet works at first, but it's still very possible to continue over eat while eating a "clean diet" I really don't like the word clean, that's why I put it in quotes. It's way too open for interpretation.

Second, only after you figure out your calories, you will need to start adjusting your macros. Macros have the second biggest over all impact on fat loss, ESPECIALLY as a weight lifter/athlete

K

Kevevans36

Mar 28, 2015
I eat 5 eggs 2 bags of oatmeal for breakfast then a protein shake at 10 then I eat mixed fruit Greek yogurt and 16oz of chicken or pork for lunch and another protein shake at 2:30 and then at dinner I eat whatever my wife makes then after I work out I drink 8oz of chocolate milk and before bed I eat Greek yogurt or a few eggs I'm 5'10 220 and some times I have to eat more to stay at 220 I try to eat 4900 calories a day

K

Kevevans36

Mar 28, 2015
My sis made my diet for me it's called Marcos diet

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
I eat 5 eggs 2 bags of oatmeal for breakfast then a protein shake at 10 then I eat mixed fruit Greek yogurt and 16oz of chicken or pork for lunch and another protein shake at 2:30 and then at dinner I eat whatever my wife makes then after I work out I drink 8oz of chocolate milk and before bed I eat Greek yogurt or a few eggs I'm 5'10 220 and some times I have to eat more to stay at 220 I try to eat 4900 calories a day

not adding up sir. It's off. And not accurate at all. You don't know what you're eating.

you need a plan.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Looks like you are seriously lacking in carbs. The food you listed isn't 4900 calories. Not even close unless you are eating like 8 tubs of yogurt a day.

Here is my suggestion. Start a log here in the journal section. Every day log every single thing you eat. Weigh and portion it all. Then in one week we see where you are at. Tag shortz by typing shortz in your post. He is a smart guy that can help you make a tweak.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I am vacation atm, but trying to check In when I can. Def tag me to grab my attention if I am away from the board for a little while and I'll check in again to help out

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Try a rotation where you eat strict few days but have day or two to eat like usual

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic