Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

My COVID Log

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
On Day 8 of COVID. Pretty much the same Sx as SAD. A unique experience for sure, a mix between mild influenza and Summer head cold. Started with feeling really cold then soaking sweats a week ago Friday night. No temp elevation though. Mild sore throat and cough started Sunday, systemic Sx on Monday. Txt'd my doc to call in a test bc the onset was classic COVID. The university turns around the PCR test in 12 hrs. I told the tech when I went in Tues am to dig for gold, I need to know if I was positive. He was in each nostril for 10 s, thought the swab was going to come out my ear. Wed am test came back positive but I already knew, Sx were classic. Temp normal now for 48+ hrs although never past 99.5. Mind fog like I've been smoking pot, mild dry cough, O2 Sat good throughout, head congestion. Lost sense of taste and smell for the most part. Continue to improve with fingers crossed, sleeping and eating well. I'm 62 so those first several days of wondering if this was going South were the worst. Its a mind fuck for sure, so far I've been lucky. Don't have any idea where I got it. This shit is for real, take is seriously. Will update in a couple days. Treating with heavy Vit C, extra Vit D and zinc, dulera inhaler 2x/d, flonase for sinuses and aspirin (more so for clotting risk as my HCT runs high from HRT). Most importantly, monitor your O2 Sat. with an oximeter. If it drops <93%, head to the ER because if they don't get on that quickly, you'll end up a statistic.

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
Yeah, my state already sent me a text giving me ways to track my own whereabouts and whatnot. I deleted it and blocked the number. I don’t need another big brother.

It's so nice that we can do stuff like that. I work with a guy from Greece and when he was home they had to send a text to the government satating why they were leaving the house or they would be locked up. They had police in full force checking everyone out and about. They have to do this for Dr appointment, getting groceries, etc. Normal activities that are necessities.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
First post, first paragraph, last sentence “got checked, positive for Covid”

I figured that everyone would assume I got checked by, you know, a doctor, with a test, meant to check for Covid.

No need to make anything up. I ain’t trying to fight you or have you come on the thread and make backhanded remarks about how “people like yourself don’t report it.” Just providing my experience with it so far. Take it or leave it.

But thank you for noticing that I hadn’t notified the authorities of my positive notice yet. Your noting it has been noted.

Dude, I tried to let you know in my post that I could care less how anyone handles there business by saying 'I'm not preaching or lecturing just rambling" and my last statement I said 'I wasn't telling you what to do just blowing smoke out my ass'. Sorry I was harsh especially while you're fighting such a serious disease. I should have known better but there's so many different proticals. In my area you have to get a refferal from your primary and go to a testing center. We also have the option of getting our own testing kit by mail and whether you report it is still a mystery. I do hope you get better soon. Take care of your self and keep us updated.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
It's so nice that we can do stuff like that. I work with a guy from Greece and when he was home they had to send a text to the government satating why they were leaving the house or they would be locked up. They had police in full force checking everyone out and about. They have to do this for Dr appointment, getting groceries, etc. Normal activities that are necessities.

I completely agree. I enlisted and fought for these freedoms that we have. Which is why I’m putting my foot down when it comes to losing any of them. Greece, from what I’ve read, has one of the oldest populations in the world, and therefore overreacted even more than the rest of the formerly-free world.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Alright, day 6:

Still can’t taste or smell. From my understanding of the neurons in the nose, this could be 4-6 weeks or in some cases, permanent. Much like nerve damage. Nobody knows a ton about this phenomena because it’s unique to Covid. Yay.

I still have no fever but I have fairly constant head pressure or mild headaches, can’t tell really. Feel loopy still and high, it’s kinda nice in a way if my brain didn’t hurt a little bit on top of it.

Body aches have gone away but I’ll be damned if when I walk my two dogs around the block, I’m not fairly tired when I get home. Like, quads/glutes/lower back/calves, all tired of moving. I don’t get out of breath, per se, but I feel like I’ve done a lot of work.

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it yet, but this is a strange fucking illness. I rate it at 3/10 for severity but 9/10 for quirkiness.

Pretty ready to test negative but I’m not close, I don’t think. I’m going to wait until the headaches and lethargy subside before going back to the doc.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
The 1st 2 wks of the nfl season cam newton played awesome. He gets covid and has pretty much sucked since recovering. Other qb's have come back as good as before they contracted the virus. Your def right about the quirkiness.............

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
The 1st 2 wks of the nfl season cam newton played awesome. He gets covid and has pretty much sucked since recovering. Other qb's have come back as good as before they contracted the virus. Your def right about the quirkiness.............

In all fairness to Covid, Cam Newton has never been what one would call, “consistent”.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
In all fairness to Covid, Cam Newton has never been what one would call, “consistent”.
He has been consistently BAD since his return from having covid but im sure your right about it having nothing to do with the virus.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
SAD how are you feeling? I'm on Day 10 - 12. Retested yesterday, a week after the first positive, still positive. Mild cough is almost gone, breathing is fine, congestion improving. No temp elevation for 6 days, but never had a true fever.
Doctor said not to even bother getting tested again but I wanted to know, mean time for remaining positive 18 days after the first test up to 30. They said don't retest again until 90 days unless Sx come back. Head still feels like I am smoking pot daily, constant buzz that is uncomfortable. Memory and concentration impaired, minimal sense of taste and smell but slightly improved. Otherwise systemically more like a cold than anything else aside from the first 3 days with low grade 99's fever and body aches.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Day 9/10 :

I’m Covid negative. Feel pretty much 100% minus the smell/taste loss. “Pretty much” because I’ve been sitting around doing nothing for 10 days and that always reminds me how it important it is to stay moving and active. So I feel kinda creaky and old and weak and skinny-fat, but that’s just motivation to get sexy again.

I don’t have much to add. If you have questions I’ll answer but if not, thanks for following and remember, Covid is real but don’t freak out. That’s my tag line.® ™️

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Day 9/10 :

I’m Covid negative. Feel pretty much 100% minus the smell/taste loss. “Pretty much” because I’ve been sitting around doing nothing for 10 days and that always reminds me how it important it is to stay moving and active. So I feel kinda creaky and old and weak and skinny-fat, but that’s just motivation to get sexy again.

I don’t have much to add. If you have questions I’ll answer but if not, thanks for following and remember, Covid is real but don’t freak out. That’s my tag line.® ™️

@SAD Did you retest is that why you made statement "I'm Covid negative" or are you making that statement because you are basically at 100% now? I have heard conflicting reports about retesting after a positive in that it is in your system for up to 3mos and that a person could be tested as positive all that time or something.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
@SAD Did you retest is that why you made statement "I'm Covid negative" or are you making that statement because you are basically at 100% now? I have heard conflicting reports about retesting after a positive in that it is in your system for up to 3mos and that a person could be tested as positive all that time or something.

Yes ma’am, I tested negative for antigens in another rapid test and PCR test. I’m going back for one last test tomorrow evening to check all the boxes that my paranoid sister requires for me to join the family for Christmas, which I’ve only ever missed for the Army. I was worried I’d be one of those frustrated people that feel great and have long since developed antibodies, but continue to test positive for the antigens as well. I would lose my shit after a certain time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic