Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

My Body doesn't Recover as well as it used to

K

keys619

Jun 15, 2013
Hi ppl's the name of the thread/post says it all...I am now 36 years old and am facing the problem that my body does not recover as well/easy as it used to from my workouts...Because of this I have had to shorten my gym session times and lighten the load a little to try compensate for the next day fatigue and Doms I am now facing after working out....
I have come here to seek some help from members who may have some knowledge on this subject and hopefully some solutions for this problem.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
I consider 36 to be young. This whole game is about adapting and changing to see what works. For people looking to reset mentally and or physically, i always tell people to try the 5*5 workout plan with the stronglifts app. It free and easy to understand. I have a baby on the way and this is what i plan on switching too when time gets tight.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I will admit I don't recover as fast these days but I am almost 50. But all that means to me is I train 5 days a week instead of 6.

At 36 you should be fine.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
41 here, high stress job, odd hours, poor sleep, can't recover for shit. Lately I've discovered that higher frequency with less volume is working at least temporarily.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
41 here, high stress job, odd hours, poor sleep, can't recover for shit. Lately I've discovered that higher frequency with less volume is working at least temporarily.

Sleep... the single most important factor in training imo.

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
I'm also 30 something and hey man it's just gonna happen that it'll take more time for your body to repair itself than that of a 20 yr old .
That doesn't mean you can't train with heavy weight and add lots of volume!!! I love training heavy and I love to incorporate heavy volume in my workouts. Does t mean that that is the way I train all the time. I train on how I feel!!!
Your gonna just have to listen to your body more and just train to adapt to those situations !!!
A few questions :
Do you take a preworkout ? It may help push your workouts !!!
Do you take a proper Intra workout ? That may just help you keep continue a training session without fatigue !!!
Do you have proper post workout nutrition ? This will def insure that your body has all it needs to recover and repair itself from your workout !!!
If you have these 3 things dialed in, I'm sure your going to be okay !!!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I'm 46 and can hit a full Chest workout at 9am and go back at 6pm and do Back. Granted I'm on GH and TRT but I think you might be doing something wrong if you're suffering at 36. Tell us alitte about HOW you're training right now.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
This thread reminds me of all the bullshit I used to read daily on bodybuilding.com

Seriously I will be 50 this summer and I plan on blasting past anything and everything I've done in the past and still 100% natural.

OP: MAN UP

R

rakatan

Nov 6, 2012
This could be due to many factors. Environment and how your body is reacting to something. You're body can be in an inflamed state. For example, inflamitory responses can happen from just drinking filtered water, not spring water, causing increased acid in body. Maybe the gym is using some kind of chemical to clean with and your body becomes more inflamed because of that. Step back and think what may have impacted you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic