Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

My Awesome Coach

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
In 2012, after years of training myself and not making particularly good progress, and having bulked myself to a fat slob, I met my current coach and started asking him questions. He looked great and his answers to my questions, and resume convinced me he knew what he was talking about, so I hired him.
Little did I know how much he would help me transform myself, to set new goals, to try new challenges, and to gain a level of confidence in myself I never thought I would have.
At every step of the way, he has asked me to tell him what I wanted to do and then allowed that to steer the direction of my training. He has also offered gentle guidance about possible new directions I could take things: for example after I had been with him a year, he suggested I try strongman, as that is a sport he was competing in; later he suggested I get as lean as I could before I continue to focus on size.
Both have been excellent suggestions and have fundamentally transformed both my training and my physique. I have had more success with Strongman than getting lean, but over time I have gotten a lot leaner than I started out, and I continue to get a little bit leaner each year.
During my time training with him I have had a variety of injuries (not from his training, but usually because I did something wrong, or because my body is getting old), both chronic use injuries, and sudden ones. His advice on recovery has been on point and effective. Over time I have gotten so that old aches and pains have nearly disappeared, leaving only a few for me to manage, including one or two new ones.
His training of me went along very well for a long time. The past two years I have been in a bit of a rut, my strength having fallen off from the peak. The reasons for this are not clear to me or to him, but I think it is a combination of chronic hiccups that reccur every week for two days, and the muscle relaxers I have been taking to combat them, and being a bit overwhelmed by a second business venture. But de spite my backward slide, he kept me motivated in the gym, even as my overall numbers went down. At the moment, I am having a strength resurgence, and today at 585 came near to my all time 1 rep maximum dead lift and also had a farmers hold of 300 lbs per hand for 30 seconds. I am hoping to qualify for national strongman competition next year and to go into it with new levels of strength and conditioning.
His advice on diet is second to none, and he has helped me with excellent advice on supplements, etc.
In addition to being an amazing coach, he is a top strongman competitor and has competed in Nationals 5 or 6 times taking number two each year, and in World's twice, ending as number two, both times. He has overcome serious injuries to maintain his high standing. Some of the injuries would have crippled a normal person, but not him. He works hard and uses his knowledge of the body, to overcome his limitations and injuries andd to heal his body so he can come back stronger than ever.
He also builds awesome high quality strongman equipment for our gym. I bet he has built well over a dozen major pieces, most of them by designing and welding the item, and also building blocks and platforms out of wood and stones out of concrete. Kegs, husafel stone, conan's wheel, farmer handles, frame brakets to convert the farmer handles into a frame, lat pulldown and rowing pulley, viking press with a variety of attachments (this machine works like a charm),boxes for squatting (wood, metal, adjustable, etc.),an olympic bench for pressing, diamond deadlift, wagon wheels for ww deadlifts, deadlift stands, axle handles (both hollow and solid),and many accessories.
I call him my coach/therapist, as he listens to challenges I face in life and offers excellent advice. I'm not exaggerating when I say he has inspired me to new levels of confidence in myself and to stop feeling like my own worst enemy. Today, in part with his help, I am happier and feel better about myself than ever before.
I can't believe after 7 years he isn't sick of me and I am not sick of him, but we seem to have hit a good stride as I look forward to each and every workout.
He is truly an amazing coach and I have come to regard him like a brother. . .

Last edited:
J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
In 2012, after years of training myself and not making particularly good progress, and having bulked myself to a fat slob, I met my current coach and started asking him questions. He looked great and his answers to my questions, and resume convinced me he knew what he was talking about, so I hired him.
Little did I know how much he would help me transform myself, to set new goals, to try new challenges, and to gain a level of confidence in myself I never thought I would have.
At every step of the way, he has asked me to tell him what I wanted to do and then allowed that to steer the direction of my training. He has also offered gentle guidance about possible new directions I could take things: for example after I had been with him a year, he suggested I try strongman, as that is a sport he was competing in; later he suggested I get as lean as I could before I continue to focus on size.
Both have been excellent suggestions and have fundamentally transformed both my training and my physique. I have had more success with Strongman than getting lean, but over time I have gotten a lot leaner than I started out, and I continue to get a little bit leaner each year.
During my time training with him I have had a variety of injuries (not from his training, but usually because I did something wrong, or because my body is getting old), both chronic use injuries, and sudden ones. His advice on recovery has been on point and effective. Over time I have gotten so that old aches and pains have nearly disappeared, leaving only a few for me to manage, including one or two new ones.
His training of me went along very well for a long time. The past two years I have been in a bit of a rut, my strength having fallen off from the peak. The reasons for this are not clear to me or to him, but I think it is a combination of chronic hiccups that reccur every week for two days, and the muscle relaxers I have been taking to combat them, and being a bit overwhelmed by a second business venture. But de spite my backward slide, he kept me motivated in the gym, even as my overall numbers went down. At the moment, I am having a strength resurgence, and today at 585 came near to my all time 1 rep maximum dead lift and also had a farmers hold of 300 lbs per hand for 30 seconds. I am hoping to qualify for national strongman competition next year and to go into it with new levels of strength and conditioning.
His advice on diet is second to none, and he has helped me with excellent advice on supplements, etc.
In addition to being an amazing coach, he is a top strongman competitor and has competed in Nationals 5 or 6 times taking number two each year, and in World's twice, ending as number two, both times. He has overcome serious injuries to maintain his high standing. Some of the injuries would have crippled a normal person, but not him. He works hard and uses his knowledge of the body, to overcome his limitations and injuries andd to heal his body so he can come back stronger than ever.
He also builds awesome high quality strongman equipment for our gym. I bet he has built well over a dozen major pieces, most of them by designing and welding the item, and also building blocks and platforms out of wood and stones out of concrete. Kegs, husafel stone, conan's wheel, farmer handles, frame brakets to convert the farmer handles into a frame, lat pulldown and rowing pulley, viking press with a variety of attachments (this machine works like a charm),boxes for squatting (wood, metal, adjustable, etc.),an olympic bench for pressing, diamond deadlift, wagon wheels for ww deadlifts, deadlift stands, axle handles (both hollow and solid),and many accessories.
I call him my coach/therapist, as he listens to challenges I face in life and offers excellent advice. I'm not exaggerating when I say he has inspired me to new levels of confidence in myself and to stop feeling like my own worst enemy. Today, in part with his help, I am happier and feel better about myself than ever before.
I can't believe after 7 years he isn't sick of me and I am not sick of him, but we seem to have hit a good stride as I look forward to each and every workout.
He is truly an amazing coach and I have come to regard him like a brother. . .
Who is this magical unicorn u speak of? Honestly sounds pretty amazing

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RickHarley

RickHarley

Jul 8, 2019
Nice job Dude. I have problems with my last coach. Just start workout independently. I have opened for himself Arnold arm workout. I do the past three weeks I have been using the "Arnie Workout", for those unformilliar with this workout it is a three day split done twice a week;
Monday - Chest and Back
Tuesday - Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps and Forarms
Wednesday - Legs and Lower Back
Thursday - Chest and Back
Friday - Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps and Forarms
Saturday - Legs and Lower Back

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic