Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Muscular Guys and Women

L

laocoon

Mar 7, 2011
Funny... we're talking about what women think, yet only comments from guys. I'd rather see about 15 different women post up and give us their two cents.

I've been married for almost 30 years, and the only thing I can say with confidence about women, is that they wonderful, beautiful, complex creatures that I don't understand! LOL

That sounds good in theory, but women think, do, and say things that are often completely different from each other. I've noticed it is easier to get clear responses from guys, we generally recognize patterns better and such. This isn't about what women 'think,' it is about wether or not men have noticed this.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
That sounds good in theory, but women think, do, and say things that are often completely different from each other. I've noticed it is easier to get clear responses from guys, we generally recognize patterns better and such. This isn't about what women 'think,' it is about wether or not men have noticed this.

Oh, I see. So you want to know what guys think that girls think.... hmmm.

Here's my answer. It matters to some guys, and it doesn't matter to most girls whether you've got big muscles. What does matter to the girls is that you've got a brain in your head, you can put together more than two complete sentences without tripping over yourselves, that you're gainfully employed, and that you're not a momma's boy. Being in good shape is a plus, but if you're funny, it probably doesn't matter.

L

laocoon

Mar 7, 2011
Oh, I see. So you want to know what guys think that girls think.... hmmm.

Here's my answer. It matters to some guys, and it doesn't matter to most girls whether you've got big muscles. What does matter to the girls is that you've got a brain in your head, you can put together more than two complete sentences without tripping over yourselves, that you're gainfully employed, and that you're not a momma's boy. Being in good shape is a plus, but if you're funny, it probably doesn't matter.

Good Sir, I don;t meant to keep rehash this, but I simply wanted to get mens' opinions on this (and if women want to chime in, I will not stop them). We are not unemployed momma's boys, our diction is impeccable, we shower, etc., ad nauseam, ad infinitum. This thread was not about dating, personality or whatever. The assumption is that women love muscular men. I somehow doubted the ironclad implications of this 'rule' and wanted to read the opinions of others regarding it. Not about what they like, say they like, actually like, how to stand, how to approach, how to be interesting, etc. But thanks for adding to the thread.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The assumption is that women love muscular men.

That's a guy assumption. Most girls find a guy in board shorts weighing 180 and lean more attractive than a guy who can't fit into board short because they weigh 240 and are lean. But take a 1,000 women and you'll get a bell curve of tastes. Some small percentage will dig the big ripped guy, but the "average" woman will more likely find the other guy more attractive.

So if you want to train and get big, you ought to do it for yourself, as opposed to do it to get chicks.

L

laocoon

Mar 7, 2011
That's a guy assumption. Most girls find a guy in board shorts weighing 180 and lean more attractive than a guy who can't fit into board short because they weigh 240 and are lean. But take a 1,000 women and you'll get a bell curve of tastes. Some small percentage will dig the big ripped guy, but the "average" woman will more likely find the other guy more attractive.

So if you want to train and get big, you ought to do it for yourself, as opposed to do it to get chicks.

That's a general, societal assumption of both genders. True about both guys, but I think most women, while admiring the goo physique, don't actually care about it enough to be into it. I see the majority with non-muscular guys. Maybe that is just up here in the Northeast. I have also heard some pro "dating coaches" talking where one said to the other that his 'clients' that are muscular (lean or big) have the hardest time getting anywhere with women, like pulling teeth. I think he may be on to something. Plus, in general people do look at you weird if you are muscular; it's hard to explain. Also, I think women ignore the muscular much harder than they would the fat-skinny guys they are used to dating, probably in some way thinking they should 'raise the bar,' so to speak, for the muscular guy and try to make him try harder.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Very true. Long term motivation has got to be about yourself. Anything else usually fails, and if your motivation fails, so will you.

L

laocoon

Mar 7, 2011
So back to the point; has anyone else noticed that muscles are not important to women in general?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I'm not sure where you are going with this thread. If you are trying to figure out what you want to do to attract women you're barking up the wrong tree. What one woman finds attractive another won't. If you are trying to figure out if you should build muscle in order to attract women you are in for a disappointment. Your motivation should be for you and only you.

There are some things we know women like. You can go to online dating sites and read some profiles to get an idea. Many will put "no fat guys" right in their profile. We also know from psychology that subconsciously women search for the best genes to pass to their children and a good provider to raise them. Health, good physical attributes, facial/body symmetry all come into play. Is that a bodybuilder? Not necessarily.

Ask women if they are attracted to rippling veiny muscular spray-tanned men and most will say no. Some will say yes. And there are some that will say yes to a fat guy wearing a diaper. Everyone has different likes and kinks.

There are lots of polls on what physical attributes most turn's a women on. Abs almost always take #1. Google it for yourself.

Women who take care of themselves by watching what they eat, doing some sort of regular exercise, and are active are going to be more physically attractive, right? If you aren't doing the same you aren't in their league.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
That's a guy assumption. Most girls find a guy in board shorts weighing 180 and lean more attractive than a guy who can't fit into board short because they weigh 240 and are lean. But take a 1,000 women and you'll get a bell curve of tastes. Some small percentage will dig the big ripped guy, but the "average" woman will more likely find the other guy more attractive. So if you want to train and get big, you ought to do it for yourself, as opposed to do it to get chicks.
So back to the point; has anyone else noticed that muscles are not important to women in general?

L

laocoon

Mar 7, 2011
I'm not sure where you are going with this thread. If you are trying to figure out what you want to do to attract women you're barking up the wrong tree. What one woman finds attractive another won't. If you are trying to figure out if you should build muscle in order to attract women you are in for a disappointment. Your motivation should be for you and only you.

There are some things we know women like. You can go to online dating sites and read some profiles to get an idea. Many will put "no fat guys" right in their profile. We also know from psychology that subconsciously women search for the best genes to pass to their children and a good provider to raise them. Health, good physical attributes, facial/body symmetry all come into play. Is that a bodybuilder? Not necessarily.

Ask women if they are attracted to rippling veiny muscular spray-tanned men and most will say no. Some will say yes. And there are some that will say yes to a fat guy wearing a diaper. Everyone has different likes and kinks.

There are lots of polls on what physical attributes most turn's a women on. Abs almost always take #1. Google it for yourself.

Women who take care of themselves by watching what they eat, doing some sort of regular exercise, and are active are going to be more physically attractive, right? If you aren't doing the same you aren't in their league.

My dear Mr. DungeonDweller, to rehash it one more time, this thread is not about dating tactics. We all know about the fact that women like different stuff, yes. I'm not talking specifically about me and made that clear, I already have the body I want, I've been muscular my whole teenage to adult life and yes- I work out for me. So hopefully that will be the last time I'll have to rehash that.

I'm not familiar with online dating as much, but the "no fat guys" rule I've seen many, many, many women (yes, even "hot" ones violate time and again. I suppose since most of America is pretty fat, there is little choice in the matter. As for the science of the matter, you are mostly correct, although many women seem to want to spread of many a non-good provider these days, but I don't want to get off-topic.

Ask women what they're into and they'll say one thing and do another, guys are more consistent. The best 'tips' on how to deal with them always come from guys, I can say I had a somewhat easier time because of that rather than guys that ask women what they 'like.' But anyway, has anyone any anecdotes regarding the phenomenon of women not being into muscular men? Or rather, that muscles do not score points with women?

Bob Baker

Bob Baker

Jun 15, 2017
Its all about confidence. I dont know if you ever walked up to a beatuiful woman and got nervous and she just was not feeling it. Well its probaly from being timid and being a beta. The men with the hottest woman are alpha males. Just because you have big muscles does not make you alpha. Its also how you approach and the state you are in.

Any man here that has a problem talking with women should not pay a dating coach. You can learn from PUA's for free on youtube. "PUA" stands for pick up artist. Check out rsd nation. I am part of a inner circle out here in texas. If you have any questions just hit me up. You do not have to be rich and powerful to meet that 10 you see at the club or store. You need no self doubt and go talk to her..stop worring about how you look and worry about how you act.. You are good enough and so is everyone else here.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic