Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Muscles along the the spine really swolen after first time deadlifts

T

Tonydpp

Jan 9, 2012
yesterday was the first time i did deadlifts and i'm paying for it in pain.

whats happened is that,the muscles that run along the spine are now really swolen n really painfull.

is that normal or should i go to the doctor to see this further???????

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Welcome to deadlifting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ice, foam roll, ice, foam roll. Its like any other sore muscle, it'll take some time and you need to FEED IT.

T

Tonydpp

Jan 9, 2012
now that was the answer i was hoping for because if u see my back,it doesnt look normal.
thanks

T

Tonydpp

Jan 9, 2012
to be honest i dont even know what dbol is.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
Welcome to deadlifting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ice, foam roll, ice, foam roll. Its like any other sore muscle, it'll take some time and you need to FEED IT.

POB nailed it bro. Rest and food. If you are super concerned try and post up a pic. I wouldnt worry about it too much tho

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
just out of curiosity...how much were you deadlifting? yes...you will be sore after you start deadlifting :) but, it is totally worth it after you get your form down and get used to it...form is key

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Form Form Form. Is it normal to hurt there? No! If your form is good you should not feel in your Erector spinae or at least it should not hurt you like are describing. As noted above Rolling, Icing and rest will help. Don't do them again until they stop hurting then get with someone that knows DL's and have them walk you through proper form.

DL's are fantastic to do if you do them right.

T

Tonydpp

Jan 9, 2012
just out of curiosity...how much were you deadlifting? yes...you will be sore after you start deadlifting :) but, it is totally worth it after you get your form down and get used to it...form is key
I started with 50kg and ended with 70kg on my 10th set
if you check on the journal u will see the whole workout

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Dude! Its no wonder you are sore....that kind of volume is just way insane, especially on the first time. Most would do no more than a total of 30-40 reps max...most less. The volume itself is enough to really give you fits...you will be breaking down muscle. You may get the most reps ever award

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
WOW!!! 10 sets holy crap. More sets does not mean more muscles. I am a pretty small dude compared to most of the monsters on here and I limit to 3-4 sets max. Now do I push higher weight? Yes, but I have been deadlifting seriously for 8-10 years and my form is pretty close to flawless, no back pain even at max weight 2-3 times my body weight.

Keep doing them, DL's are the best but don't over do it.

Good luck! :)

T

Tonydpp

Jan 9, 2012
ah i was doing some digging around the net last night and you're ^^^^ correct,when it comes to deadlifts "less is more" it seems so point taken and thanks for the advice

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic