Muscle Mags worth the price?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Training Day
"This is a newspaper. It's 90 per cent bullshit, but it's entertaining. That's why I read it, because it entertains me."

I think this quote from Training Day also applies to muscle magazines. IMO even without all the advertisements in them, Flex and MD are overwhelming bullshit. Last year I had a Flex subscription only because somehow Tanga.com was selling a year for $4 with a promo code, but I may get a tidbit of info from the science section and the rest of the mag is trash. Same with MD(although MD has alot more science in it).

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I voted no just because I can never find a good article to read in them. I usually pick them up in an airport to pass the time and the mag passes much faster then the time as there is nothing good to read in.

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
You cant say Valentino's retarded column isnt entertaining! lol... MD does have some decent (cited) science based articles... Other than that I just browse PowerliftingUSA to see if I made that issue, lol...

Demigod

Demigod

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
I need something to do while I shit,lol...but yeah it's one page article,next page advertisment.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Well, fuck it, someone's gotta be the black sheep. I say yes....in the proper case. As a beginner FLEX magazine was my Bible. I didn't have any friends that were legit freaks, BB's, or PL's so I was on my own. I read FLEX cover to cover for a year, disreguarding all advertisements, and transformed my body. As I progressed I grew out of the muscle mags, but without them I would have never broken thru the "average joe" barrier in the gym. So yes, they can be worth the money, lot of solid routines and diet structures for a beginner in those pages.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
not even worth the money to use as toilet paper

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Not worth the money: And honestly, I haven't seen any good quality magazines on the market for years. If anyone really does have any good ones worth reading, post them up.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
I read flex in the beginning and found it to be more inspirational than educational, Id say its worth it for entertainment values and the spreads they do of chicks are so much better than any other BB mag.

klbsa

klbsa

Jan 5, 2011
I voted yes.... Not because the articles are worth a shit, not because I like endless advertisments.... But because once I open an issue of flex I realise how fuckin tiny I am and how badly I need to train/eat/sleep harder and better. Looking at freaks makes me hate myself and gives me a swift kick in the ass.

So once a year or so I buy a flex for just that reason.... Plus I LOVE fitness models.

B

Beachbody

Oct 2, 2010
They are definitely not worth the money. But I read them anyway, for free! I read them at Barnes & Noble. LOL They even provide chairs to sit on while you read them. LOL

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
I voted no, but actually I do end up buying Muscle and Fitness about every month, generally some training ideas, new stuff to try, and I find it kinda inspirational looking at the pics. Alot of the programs and training articles in the magazines are total crap and misguiding alot of beginners I'm sure, so I would never recommend a beginner learning from one. It would be great if there was a good one, with lots of smoking hot ladies to look at. Muscle and Fitness is 7$ which is an amp of test, so really not worth the money!

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic