Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Muscle lactic acid build up solution

mscldrew

mscldrew

Sep 11, 2010
Lately I have problem with lactic acid build up in my muscles. I have increased my training intensity and frequency and for the last two to three months I am suffering from very bad lactic acid build up which in turn affects my exercising regime. My muscles are very sore for about 24- 48 hours and I cannot exercise them during this period of time.

I watched “The Doctors” show on the TV and they suggested that bicarbonate soda clears the lactic acid and relieves muscular pain. However, on another hand I know that bicarbonate soda destroys the stomach lining. Has anyone tried bicarbonate soda and if you did, please share your experience.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Vitamin c and potassium also throw in some beta alanine

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
Stretching helps a lot for me. Also the day after I bench I will go get on the bench and do EXTREMELY light weight...for a lot of reps...to get the blood really flowing to my chest...clears it up faster usually

S

smokey mcpot

Apr 2, 2012
Lately I have problem with lactic acid build up in my muscles. I have increased my training intensity and frequency and for the last two to three months I am suffering from very bad lactic acid build up which in turn affects my exercising regime. My muscles are very sore for about 24- 48 hours and I cannot exercise them during this period of time.

I watched “The Doctors” show on the TV and they suggested that bicarbonate soda clears the lactic acid and relieves muscular pain. However, on another hand I know that bicarbonate soda destroys the stomach lining. Has anyone tried bicarbonate soda and if you did, please share your experience.

you could try MSM(methylsulfonylmethane), it won't stop the lactic acid, but it binds with it making you feel much less sore. it"s very inexpensive and works very well. i would start with about 2 grms and work up to 6 grms. don't start at 6 grms or you will get a headache.

B

Bluestorm

Nov 28, 2010
GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013

Lactic acid is ushered from your muscles within minutes. Breakdown from lactic acid may contribute somewhat to your soreness but if you are implying that you still have lactic acid in your muscles 24 hours later causing you discomfort, you are wrong. The best way to combat lactic acid is by increasing your VO2. Do more cardio.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Lactic acid is ushered from your muscles within minutes. Breakdown from lactic acid may contribute somewhat to your soreness but if you are implying that you still have lactic acid in your muscles 24 hours later causing you discomfort, you are wrong. The best way to combat lactic acid is by increasing your VO2. Do more cardio.

Beat me to it...

Creatine also helps reduce the burning sensation when training...

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
DO NOT USE B-SODA!!!!

This is an old school "fix" that I tried a while back and the b-soda tore up my stomach lining.

All of the other suggestions above are way better.

H

heavy hitter

Oct 7, 2013
citrulline malate is supposed to help. as well as increasing cardiovascular capacity as has already been mentioned.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
the soreness you are feeling is NOT from lactic acid build up. Lactic acid is just a by product of energy production. Your body quickly uses up the lactic acid and it is gone in a matter of minutes once recovery starts. They have done numerous studies that have shown zero correlation between high lactate levels and DOMS

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic