pbtom
What's New?

Multi-Functional Bench

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I lucked out in March and got 5-55lbs dumbbell set ($600 maybe?)... but still tried to pull the trigger on the same type of set through China. Big mistake. I’ve been dumbbell and band training since April with no bench and need an upgrade soon.
Just grabbed 300lbs of Olympic plates for $250, 2 15lb kettle bells for $20. Some stuff is showing up for a decent price, just gotta look for it.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
LK, if you're looking for a multi-functional bench and some basic iron for a home gym, a lot of the fellows at my gym choose workout costumes from Inzer.

T

TomRiddle

Feb 13, 2020
LK, if you're looking for a multi-functional bench and some basic iron for a home gym, a lot of the fellows at my gym choose workout costumes from Inzer.
Inzer has a size issue on the shoulders it is always a mess while stretching arms at extreme length. I've been using borntough for that. You should give it a try.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
The leg work those will allow are shit brother, the feeling just isn't there I tried a hell of a lot of home benches with leg attachments and have had no luck so far the engineering just isn;t there for range of motion while maintaining a consistent resistance like a cable and stack machine with pulleys will do.
I know I am late to the thread but that is my 2cc's
For arms just do the barbell curls and dumbell concentrations after working the back your arms will pump like a mofo with the pre-exhaust even if it is dumbell rows and then curls.
I know traing during the pandemic is fucked but stick with the basics and you can get through, free squats with light weight is actually a pretty good movement for just keeping your shit together.
And some sissy dumbell lunges until you can access a better setup.
Focus and bust ass while mental imaging ............picture the muscle you are working and imagine how you want it to look.
Blah blah sorry for the rant but it works for me kinda:p

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
@Littleguy I want to get my son lifting, just turned 11 and want to start out easy and light, that's why I grabbed that bench.

Just snagged a curl bar from Titan and looking for my rack now.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Inzer has a size issue on the shoulders it is always a mess while stretching arms at extreme length. I've been using borntough for that. You should give it a try.
I think @TomRiddle wants to advertise his website here. Just let me know we can work out a banner and monthly price for you.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
I picked up a 300lbs set at Dicks sporting goods for 249.00. still looking for multi bemch set up
I want to be ready this time.for the next shutdown

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I picked up a 300lbs set at Dicks sporting goods for 249.00. still looking for multi bemch set up
I want to be ready this time.for the next shutdown
Grabbed the same set, was surprised the bar was actually really nice. I see people flipping these for $500+ online. I was able to order the Gold's XRS 20 off Amazon, was in stock, it's a day by day thing, same with the fake Pelaton I ordered, one day in stock, one day out, just gotta time it right.

T

TomRiddle

Feb 13, 2020
I think @TomRiddle wants to advertise his website here. Just let me know we can work out a banner and monthly price for you.
Firstly this ain't my brand. This is probably the first time I've decided to recommend something through my online experience.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Grabbed the same set, was surprised the bar was actually really nice. I see people flipping these for $500+ online. I was able to order the Gold's XRS 20 off Amazon, was in stock, it's a day by day thing, same with the fake Pelaton I ordered, one day in stock, one day out, just gotta time it right.
I keep going back and forth between the Marcy and the Weider benches. I need something when my tired lazy ass doesn't want to drive to the gym or when is gets Covid shutdown part two.

I hate reading all the reviews. Its like reading the comment section in a news article.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I didn't like the Marcy because it was 1 piece and it didn't look like you could sit the bench straight up for shoulders. My Gold's is allegedly being delivered between today and Friday.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic