pbtom
What's New?

Multi-Functional Bench

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Honestly the Golds one looks the best. And for the price totally worth it till what you want comes in.
Went with the Gold's, had the least wait time, still 3 weeks...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Are these just complete pieces of crap or actually decent for the price. Not for heavy work, but looking to add something for some light arms and legs outside of free weights.

Weider XRS 20
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee

Marcy Bench
https://www.amazon.com/Marcy-Olympi...+bench&qid=1600905995&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-5

Golds XRS 20
https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-O...+bench&qid=1600906060&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-9
Yep. Posted from Amazon for ease of comparison. Hard to find anything decent in stock anywhere. I'm fine with buying a $300 one for now and upgrading when more items are back in stock. Just didn't know if these were complete pieces of shit or decent enough to life off of in the garage.
Went with the Gold's, had the least wait time, still 3 weeks...

So, did you wind up getting it through Amazon, or some other place? I've only had one bad experience doing that, but I learned to check the customer reviews of the actual seller using Amazon as a platform before ordering anything. In this case "Hotel Juliett" sounds kinda iffy, but it's a low number of reviews so hard to tell if good or bad.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
So, did you wind up getting it through Amazon, or some other place? I've only had one bad experience doing that, but I learned to check the customer reviews of the actual seller using Amazon as a platform before ordering anything. In this case "Hotel Juliett" sounds kinda iffy, but it's a low number of reviews so hard to tell if good or bad.
Been waiting for you to call me a homo since I made this thread, I'm disappointed...
Got it through Amazon due to shipping time and had a shit ton of CC points so this is free to me.
I liked that the bench was not connected to the "squat rack" so when I set up my cage when it's in stock I can still use just the bench.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Been waiting for you to call me a homo since I made this thread, I'm disappointed...

"Disappointed" and confused. I don't call people homos or libtards or whatever else; you must be thinking of someone else. Besides, what you do on your own time is none of my business :D

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
"Disappointed" and confused. I don't call people homos or libtards or whatever else; you must be thinking of someone else. Besides, what you do on your own time is none of my business :D
FD and RR guilted me into selling my Smith machine pre-Covid, I hate them both....

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
True story. I had a Sorinex* rack and bench in the garage for years plus hundreds of pounds of weights. They collected dust mostly, I had a pretty good gym 10 minutes from the house, the garage was either too hot or too cold for my candy ass, and my wife kept nagging me to get rid of them. I finally caved and sold them cheap just to quiet her ............ just a few months before COVID shut the gyms down, made all the equipment companies out of stock for months, and price-gouged anything you could get.

First time I've posted that anywhere, but I was banging my head against the wall during all those threads when guys were scrambling to find stuff.

* google Sorinex if not familiar, imo they are about like Rogue. They are willing to sell to individuals but mostly outfit NCAA and pro teams, and me, once upon a time :(

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Marcy is a good product but having the back fixed limits you. I'd go with the Golds; it gives you the option to work squats with the high takeout. Assuming you don't have something for that.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Marcy is a good product but having the back fixed limits you. I'd go with the Golds; it gives you the option to work squats with the high takeout. Assuming you don't have something for that.
Waiting for the rack I want to be in stock

T

TomRiddle

Feb 13, 2020
True story. I had a Sorinex* rack and bench in the garage for years plus hundreds of pounds of weights. They collected dust mostly, I had a pretty good gym 10 minutes from the house, the garage was either too hot or too cold for my candy ass, and my wife kept nagging me to get rid of them. I finally caved and sold them cheap just to quiet her ............ just a few months before COVID shut the gyms down, made all the equipment companies out of stock for months, and price-gouged anything you could get.

First time I've posted that anywhere, but I was banging my head against the wall during all those threads when guys were scrambling to find stuff.

* google Sorinex if not familiar, imo they are about like Rogue. They are willing to sell to individuals but mostly outfit NCAA and pro teams, and me, once upon a time :(
Well I don't agree with you completely there are some important good quality stuff out there.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic