Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

MRI Scan of my cervical spine

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
So far no mention of the disk herniation, you can clearly see on the MRI something jabbing into the cord. I'm hoping they can get it fixed and I can get back on the wagon!

FYI unless the Ortho has done a spine fellowship, you should also be evaluated by a neurosurgeon, IMO
Jim

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
The Ortho isn't the surgeon, he will send me to a a neuro surgeon for the next step. Both were recommended to us by someone with the same problem.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
As awful as it sounds I'm glad I'm not the only one with this type of issue, however I do wish the ones you guys have described were not as bad as they are.

So anyway I am almost done with the neurologist, just got some nerve conduction studies etc coming up on the 5th of november. All being well I will be looking to under go some physio therapy for my neck and my lower back which is just weak due to poor posture etc as I haven't been all that well this year so training has been out.

After that I will be returning to the gym, I would be grateful if anyone could point out anything I should avoid or not risk as I already appear to have some nerve issues lower down my body I really don't want to cause anymore, but I want to train again. So any modification I should make to some exercises etc I would be grateful for the suggestions. I also appreciate that my neck is perfect compared to some of the guys on here, but after seeing the neurologist for other issues this year I don't want to be causing any nerve damage by training like an idiot

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I'm sorry to hear you are still working on this! I had my surgery already and have been out of therapy and back to the gym since July! Pain free but my muscle has not returned to normal. I hope your therapy works.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Forward head posture?
Optimize breathing and then cervical lordosis. Thoracic spine needs to be straight as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BeauBody38

Jan 8, 2015
What about taking vitamin B complex for tingling sensation. Headache is caused by cranial pressure when sneezing.

Project

Project

Jun 22, 2011
is the numbness/tingling constant or intermittent?

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
is the numbness/tingling constant or intermittent?

Can be both. But I am currently under investigation for other neurological conditions, so i couldn't attribute it solely to the disc in my neck

B

Beachbody

Oct 2, 2010
I also had an MRI for my lower spine because of lower back pain. It cost $340. It showed I had a slightly bulging disc that was pinching a nerve. I had numbness down the side of my left thigh.The doc could offer no cure except giving me the pain killer tramadol. it was fairly effective in reducing the pain. I had read about the inversion table and bought one. The instructions recommended 3 times week for 4 or5 minutes at a tine. This was too much for me. I couldn't tolerate the blood rushing to my head for more than 3 minutes. Still I noticed an improvement in the pain. After 6 months I noticed that I was able to work out without having to take the tramadol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic