Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Motivation and Inspiration

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
it has often amazed me at what inspires someone to workout. if one tours through the pages of bodybuilding.com they will see that chickentuna, jamieEasson, 31233, avacowan, beautifulgrace, and msfitfern are the top inspirations on the site for women. what is it that makes these women so popular as inspirations?

let me digress for a few moments and discuss what i look for in someone to be an inspiration. i look for someone who is my height, body type and works the same hours i do. why? because if they can look great than there is no reason that i cant do the same thing.

each person has different strength and weakness. it is improtant when picking someone to be an inspiration that they are compatible with you. for example, both chickentuna and msfitfern were skinny fat women. it is easier for these women to look incredible by just starting a good workout program. since they are already thin, adding muscle transforms their bodies significantly. if you are a fat fat person like me, adding muscle without losing a significant amount of fat, just makes you bigger and fatter looking! find an inspiration that is the same body type as you. jamieeason and avacowan were both athletes and are mesomorphs, what makes them look incredible isnt going to be what makes and endomorph look good. find what body type you are, ectomorph, endomorph or mesomorph and look for similiar body types to follow and be inspired by.

another thing is to make sure the person is the same height as you. if someone is 6 or 8 inches taller or shorter, you arent going to get the same results nor look the same. i will see someone who looks amazing and go to their page and read their stats and they are 5'0" and 100#, i am 5'8" and 170#, no way am i going to look like them by doing what they did. once again the whole body type comes into play with this as well. i see women who are the same heigth as me and yet they weigh 30 or 40# less than i do. i would be sickly looking if i lost that much weight and yet they look great. it would be foolish for me to try and look like them because i have a very big frame and muscle base.

body shape has a lot to do with things as well. i get questioned all the time about my abs. abs are easy for me. even when i was fat and pregnant i could still make my abs show if i flexed them. i am a pear shaped person, i carry most of my fat on my ass and thighs. women with this shape have an easier time getting abs to show than those that have thin ass and legs and heavy around the middle. pick an inspiration whose body shape is the same as yours.

be realistic as well. many of the people who have lost massive amounts of weight have probably had some sort of gastric bypass or doctor supervised weight loss program. most of them are never going to admit it or talk about it and will probably even deny it. i had a nanny that had had gastric bypass and lost 180#, she never told people she didnt know that that was how she lost her weight. some women that have beautiful muscle might have used AAS, nothing against that but just keep in mind that there may be some information that is not given that has helped that person to get to where they are physically.

the other things that is important to think about and take into consideration is that many of these people do fitness for a career! it is their job to look amazing all the time! if you arent in the fitness industry, you arent going to have the time or the access to people and training like these women. jamie eason and ava cowan, it is their job to look beautiful and be fit all the time. they get paid for it! me, i work 50+ hours a week, i dont have that kind of time to spend in the gym nor do i have access to the massage therapists, cooks, trainers etc etc that they do! try to find women that have the same amount of time and effort to put forth as you do.

why is it important to pick an inspiration that matches and compares with you? because otherwise when you dont acheive what they have, you will become discouraged and quit! if i wanted to look like chickentuna, and believe me, i would love to, but it isnt going to ever happen and i would have given up on this journey a long time ago if that was my goal because after a year and a half, im nowhere near what she is nor will i ever be because our bodies are very different!

i look at and admire many many of the women on the site and in the magazines but i keep all the above in my mind so that i dont get discouraged. fitness is a journey, not a destination. slow and steady will get you where you want to be. fast and furious leaves you burned out and discouraged! pick inspirations that you can achieve!

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I can't follow the story when you blatantly exaggerate! lol

it has often amazed me at what inspires someone to workout. if one tours through the pages of bodybuilding.com they will see that chickentuna, jamieEasson, 31233, avacowan, beautifulgrace, and msfitfern are the top inspirations on the site for women. what is it that makes these women so popular as inspirations?

let me digress for a few moments and discuss what i look for in someone to be an inspiration. i look for someone who is my height, body type and works the same hours i do. why? because if they can look great than there is no reason that i cant do the same thing.

each person has different strength and weakness. it is improtant when picking someone to be an inspiration that they are compatible with you. for example, both chickentuna and msfitfern were skinny fat women. it is easier for these women to look incredible by just starting a good workout program. since they are already thin, adding muscle transforms their bodies significantly. if you are a fat fat person like me, adding muscle without losing a significant amount of fat, just makes you bigger and fatter looking! find an inspiration that is the same body type as you. jamieeason and avacowan were both athletes and are mesomorphs, what makes them look incredible isnt going to be what makes and endomorph look good. find what body type you are, ectomorph, endomorph or mesomorph and look for similiar body types to follow and be inspired by.

another thing is to make sure the person is the same height as you. if someone is 6 or 8 inches taller or shorter, you arent going to get the same results nor look the same. i will see someone who looks amazing and go to their page and read their stats and they are 5'0" and 100#, i am 5'8" and 170#, no way am i going to look like them by doing what they did. once again the whole body type comes into play with this as well. i see women who are the same heigth as me and yet they weigh 30 or 40# less than i do. i would be sickly looking if i lost that much weight and yet they look great. it would be foolish for me to try and look like them because i have a very big frame and muscle base.

body shape has a lot to do with things as well. i get questioned all the time about my abs. abs are easy for me. even when i was fat and pregnant i could still make my abs show if i flexed them. i am a pear shaped person, i carry most of my fat on my ass and thighs. women with this shape have an easier time getting abs to show than those that have thin ass and legs and heavy around the middle. pick an inspiration whose body shape is the same as yours.

be realistic as well. many of the people who have lost massive amounts of weight have probably had some sort of gastric bypass or doctor supervised weight loss program. most of them are never going to admit it or talk about it and will probably even deny it. i had a nanny that had had gastric bypass and lost 180#, she never told people she didnt know that that was how she lost her weight. some women that have beautiful muscle might have used AAS, nothing against that but just keep in mind that there may be some information that is not given that has helped that person to get to where they are physically.

the other things that is important to think about and take into consideration is that many of these people do fitness for a career! it is their job to look amazing all the time! if you arent in the fitness industry, you arent going to have the time or the access to people and training like these women. jamie eason and ava cowan, it is their job to look beautiful and be fit all the time. they get paid for it! me, i work 50+ hours a week, i dont have that kind of time to spend in the gym nor do i have access to the massage therapists, cooks, trainers etc etc that they do! try to find women that have the same amount of time and effort to put forth as you do.

why is it important to pick an inspiration that matches and compares with you? because otherwise when you dont acheive what they have, you will become discouraged and quit! if i wanted to look like chickentuna, and believe me, i would love to, but it isnt going to ever happen and i would have given up on this journey a long time ago if that was my goal because after a year and a half, im nowhere near what she is nor will i ever be because our bodies are very different!

i look at and admire many many of the women on the site and in the magazines but i keep all the above in my mind so that i dont get discouraged. fitness is a journey, not a destination. slow and steady will get you where you want to be. fast and furious leaves you burned out and discouraged! pick inspirations that you can achieve!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I can't follow the story when you blatantly exaggerate! lol

LOLOLOL not blatantly exaggerated. you should have seen me a few years ago! i was fat, 32% bf.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
LOLOLOL not blatantly exaggerated. you should have seen me a few years ago! i was fat, 32% bf.

LOL, I thought it was funny to hear you say that about yourself. But I was half joking cuz I understand where you are coming from. you are clearly more of an endo or meso-endo than an ectomoprh type body. I'm the same way. It's usually easy for me to maintain muscle and I can gain fairly quickly. But, it's a little harder for me to lose a good amount of fat....gotta work super hard at it.

And I completely agree with the "not having time" to look like the people you mentioned. That doesn't mean you should be lazy, but you have to realize that while you are on the job, their "job" is lifting weights, supplementing, and eating! lol...why do you think people lose so much weight on The Biggest Loser? It's because that's the sole focus of their daily activity, everything they do is about losing weight.

Personally, I find it great motivation to watch quick bodybuilding vids on youtube before a workout. While I would never want to look like those guys, it still motivates me to train hard and take care of my body.

Overall, I thought this was a good read and some good advice.

T

tacdgb

Jul 5, 2011
some of those people you mentioned from bodybuilding.com are my motivation. I like that look. Muscular and still femine.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic