pbtom
What's New?

Mother's Day

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
What's everyone doing/getting this year, LK needs some ideas....

Was going to get a few lobstahs and a tomahawk for dinner.

Not sure what the hell to buy anymore as far as a gift goes.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I'll probably celebrate with the family on Saturday. After lunch I'll have a couple cigars with family. Probably have one before lunch too. This Mothers day will be different than last year in a few respects. Absolutely zero alcohol and much more red meat. I'm guessing burgers and bratwurst.

Slic.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Dinner obviously but also2 gift certificates for pedicures, tip $ and $100. She can take a friend and have a relaxing day

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Flowers for my mother.

I might take my 10 yr old sons advice this year, and see how it works out, but I might not be here on Monday.

Last night wife was doing the ol' "you don't have to get me anything this year" routine. Kid says "Ma, why would Dad ever get you anything? You're not his mother." I almost died haha.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
My ma's been gone over four years now. If me and my girlfriend (she has two sons from her marriage) get together this weekend I was going to make her Sheepherder's Breakfast on Sunday. I may take her to a supper club Saturday night. We generally don't buy gifts because we don't need anything we don't usually just buy.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I was thinking about 2 new dirtbikes for Mothers day this year:)
And Corsa type S catback for the Silverado.
But really make a memory brother they are priceless a short trip, a family thing make something by hand I made a huge board once that I had milled myself and left outside for a few years it was aged and hardwood but had no idea what to do with it.
I cut letters out with a scroll saw and wrote "The Broken Road" on it and attached mementos from years gone by it was one of my biggest hits ever.
Made by hand, made by self, made with Love amd your TIME brother those are the big winners, wisdom of the ages my Friend.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Spent too much on Star Wars Day gifts this year and have a bunch more on layaway for Whacking Day I may not be able to pay for. Mom might have to do without this year .........

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@Lizard King , Are you asking for your momma or your wifey?

Not sure if either is into flowers/planting every spring? Maybe a nice pretty hanging basket? Or are they into bird feeding/watching? Give them some new bird feeders with some bird feed or something.
GC to spa is always great.
Or what about her hair salon?
If she works out, a GC to an online fitness apparel is always golden. I'm always looking for new leggings LOL.
Good luck!

As for us, my momma left us on 11/2/20; this will be my first Mother's Day without her. DOn't wanna be a drag, but its gonna suck.
So am going to enjoy the best mother in law i have : )
She is into gardening and loves to get her nails done. So going that route this year.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I lost my mother this past year to lung cancer, so this Mother's Day will be a bit different. But she lived a good life, and even when battling cancer she was strong, brave and had a good attitude. So I think we'll celebrate her rather than grieve her.

Regarding my wife, we're having the kids and their "significant others" over for a BBQ. That's what she really wants. Just having the entire gang together. But I'll still get her some flowers, and take a few minutes in front of the family to tell her how much I respect and love her, and appreciate all the hard work she does behind the scenes. That's more meaningful to her than a gift. Then again, ice cream and chocolate is always appreciated!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Was asking for the wife, got her a new Yankee's hat, Best Mom Ever Yankee shirt, will get the gift card for the nail salon tomorrow and pick up some lobstahs over the weekend to cook on Sunday.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic