Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Mother's Day?

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
How was y'all's mother's day? What did you do for the Mrs, and/or your mothers?

Been nothing but work and sleep all week until today. Got a significant pay raise recently so the wife took some money and went and bought some decorations for the house yesterday. Then I made an extensive lunch (dinner style lunch) with lots of delicious side dishes today.

This evening we went to my parents house to spend some time with my aged mom who's health is rapidly declining. Something happened that ended up in me getting pretty upset with my mother who's not only starting to really show her age but also rapidly losing her memory. She'll probably die before next mother's day. I apologized, but let's face it, I'm still a piece of shit. Losing my temper with an old lady who's memory is failing. I feel worse than a bag of dirt right now.

Happy ****in' mother's day.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
It's not as simple as you describe it. I've watched 2 parents and 2 in-laws go, and all chose to do it the slow gradual way, physical and mental stuff all going to shit.

Wreaks a terrible toll on YOU, as you watch it, try to help, don't know what to do, etc, there is no way you're always going to be "Hallmark Cards perfect". Accept this as a fact, deal with it as best you can, and keep giving it your best shot without ever beating yourself up too much.

Her journey will be one of the journeys in your life too, it's all part of whatever the **** the master plan is, don't ever feel you're alone.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Brunch at my mother in laws and then made some lobstah's for my wife and shrimp cocktail, corn and slaw. Planted our garden and flowers in between the two.

Went to make her a nice shrimp, lobster salad for lunch and just hacked the tip of my thumb off.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
where did the tip of your thumb wind up, and did you tell anyone . . . . . . ?

johnnyBALLZ

johnnyBALLZ

Aug 7, 2013
Had a pretty good day... The kids and I did gifts in the morning then we went to the beach and my mom's house.. All without incident which is rare!!

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Took Mrs Flex to go visit her mom, then we chilled on our back patio and had some beers and I cooked her a nice steak for dinner. I got her flowers and a card.

As we were falling asleep she told me her son not only didn't get her a card or a gift but he didn't even say "Happy Mother's Day" or anything. She was pretty upset. I dunno why kids are so cold these days.

scotchindn

scotchindn

VIP Member
May 10, 2012
Spent the day with my Momma. Helped her re-pot a shit ton of flowers, not my favorite thing but I had a good time hangin' out with the old girl! Hey Clap, I recently went through something that sounds similar. I had to tell (and keep telling) myself that it's the disease changing them. Hang in there man, I won't lie and tell you it gets easier.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Had the kids help me make a huge breakfast for their mom, ate, went shopping for dinner fixin's while the mom worked, went and scooped my homeboy who's mom passed a few months back, had some brews and cooked my ass off again for dinner. Sent my mom an email with tons of old Polaroid pics attached from when I was one year old, spoke with her for a bit and made a video of my kids wishing her Happy Mothers Day. Did that for all the moms that I respect. Watched Anchorman 2 - much better the second time around.

The Clap: your mom loves you. She's not worried about y'all's recent argument. That's a drop in a bucket, I'm sure.

FLBB89

FLBB89

MuscleHead
May 27, 2013
I painted my body in pro tan, put on my posing thong and gave my mother a private posing routine.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Oh crap is that today! My wife and mom will be pissed

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic