Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Most Effective Supplements You've Used?

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Aside from protein shakes or other typical macronutrients like fish oil supplements, what over the counter supplement do you feel is worth the money?

For muscle growth, creatine monohydrate is definite. Cheap and keeps me looking fuller which if absolutely nothing else has a more positive effect on my mindset. I don't really jump for any fancy variation, just creatine mono 5-10 grams a day with something that increases insulin or insulin sensitivity like berberine or ALA.

2nd is arachidonic acid. When improvements are limited even with non-OTC anabolic agents, arachidonic acid was still able to put about 5 good pound on the scale in a months time. I consider that worth the money. The downside is that it severely reduces the amount of reps you can complete long after you stop supplementing, in my experience. 1500mg. day or higher.

I also value GDA's like berberine and ALA, turmeric, etc...and I see value in them for me personally, but I can't say that everyone should be on them.

I also want to point out that I think everyone should try a mucuna prurien supplement. Provides me a deeper sleep than anything else can do. I feel better rested on less sleep, big plus for a positive attitude(the dopamine helps).

Type-IIx

Type-IIx

Mar 24, 2022
Most effective? Craze (DS Supplements if I recall correctly). That product didn't last too long, unfortunately (they always kill the effective supplements).

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Most effective other than your standard vitamins and minerals, berberine. I have always had higher than average 12 hour fasted blood glucose levels, 109-126 over the last 22 years. I would run anywhere from 25-70 miles a week, lift, do crossfit or combat conditioning, etc..., but if I ate more than 300 grams of carbs a day I would get fat. It didn't matter what my activity level was or my total calories. I started taking berberine and my fasted blood glucose levels are now consistently 90-91 after an 8 hour fast. Within an hour of eating 100 grams of carbs my glucose levels down around the 120 range. Anyways, once my glucose levels normalized I started dropping bodyfat quicker than when I took clen, ECA and/or T3.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
A high-quality fiber supplement is effective. im use it daily. The faster you can get rid waste and toxins out of your body the better off your overall health will be

I think the most important ones I take is a multivitamin and mineral supplement and fish oil. but I don’t know how to gauge the effectiveness of that but I know it’s good for me.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Best of all time? The original Jack3D, original Hydroxycut, Ephedra, Ultimate orange, First run of the muscletech stack.

Best now? Vitamin D3, Zinc, Isopure Protein.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Aside from protein shakes or other typical macronutrients like fish oil supplements, what over the counter supplement do you feel is worth the money?

For muscle growth, creatine monohydrate is definite. Cheap and keeps me looking fuller which if absolutely nothing else has a more positive effect on my mindset. I don't really jump for any fancy variation, just creatine mono 5-10 grams a day with something that increases insulin or insulin sensitivity like berberine or ALA.

2nd is arachidonic acid. When improvements are limited even with non-OTC anabolic agents, arachidonic acid was still able to put about 5 good pound on the scale in a months time. I consider that worth the money. The downside is that it severely reduces the amount of reps you can complete long after you stop supplementing, in my experience. 1500mg. day or higher.

I also value GDA's like berberine and ALA, turmeric, etc...and I see value in them for me personally, but I can't say that everyone should be on them.

I also want to point out that I think everyone should try a mucuna prurien supplement. Provides me a deeper sleep than anything else can do. I feel better rested on less sleep, big plus for a positive attitude(the dopamine helps).
"The downside is that it severely reduces the amount of reps you can complete long after you stop supplementing, in my experience." BB can you elaborate on this?

klbsa

klbsa

Jan 5, 2011
Sublingual DHEA shocked me some years ago when I took 4 times the recommended dosage and ended up gaining 10 lbs (no fat) in a month.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Sublingual DHEA shocked me some years ago when I took 4 times the recommended dosage and ended up gaining 10 lbs (no fat) in a month.
WOW 10#s and NO FAT in a month!...........
I guess I missed the boat on that one.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
"The downside is that it severely reduces the amount of reps you can complete long after you stop supplementing, in my experience." BB can you elaborate on this?
It's a result of the arachidonic acid working. the purpose of AA is to create more acute inflammation, lactate/ lactic acid which is what body uses to recognize that the muscle has been damaged and needs repair. If your body detects a greater degree of damage, it build back bigger to adapt to the increased assumed load. So while you're working out that pain and muscle failure happens quicker, I honestly can't explain why this continues to happen after you stop taking the AA though.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
If your DHEA levels are actually low you can benefit greatly from supplementation, assuming your DHEA is good. I cannot find it, but there was a study many years ago that showed OTC DHEA supplements were all over the map when it came to dosing. Several companies claimed 25 mg per capsule and it was found that they were anywhere from 0-150 mg.

Now, if your DHEA levels are normal you get very little benefit from DHEA supplementation.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I miss the original Jack3D. I also miss original Ripped Force with Ephedra.
I used to live on that stuff! I haven't taken a pre workout in about 8 years though.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic