Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Morning warmup routine...

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
At the risk of sounding way older than I am, I can no longer just roll out of bed and be ready for anything. I’m stiff and in pain, between my plantar fasciitis and my bone on bone knees, and I look like a fucking drunk cripple getting around for the first 5 minutes. So I’m thinking about adding a singular machine in my house for a morning warmup.

Anything from a yoga mat, to a stationary bike. I’m leaning towards a rowing machine, but I’m curious if anyone here has a morning routine that helps them get the day going, exercise wise.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Damn, I'm not that bad but I can't stay up late anymore. I need to be in bed by 1am and get at least 7hours sleep otherwise I'm useless.

Reactions: SAD
ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
I always do lower back stretches and a little warm up. if I dont there is a good chance of my back going out.I been thinking of getting a schwinn areodyne.Its just a good piece of equipment to get warmed up.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
At the risk of sounding way older than I am, I can no longer just roll out of bed and be ready for anything. I’m stiff and in pain, between my plantar fasciitis and my bone on bone knees, and I look like a fucking drunk cripple getting around for the first 5 minutes. So I’m thinking about adding a singular machine in my house for a morning warmup.

Anything from a yoga mat, to a stationary bike. I’m leaning towards a rowing machine, but I’m curious if anyone here has a morning routine that helps them get the day going, exercise wise.

If you could find a way to get into that machine and spend five minutes before you actually wake up.... that would be gold!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
A procession of rescue dogs over the years got used to waking up at 5am when wife and I had to so both humans and all dogs got bath-roomed and fed. I was also

. . . like a fucking drunk cripple getting around for the first 5 minutes . . .

Now that we no longer have to get up at 5am I still do to satisfy the dogs and am more like an arthritic crab before I stagger back to bed to join wifey. On occasion I will make a move on her, she will tell me to go fuck myself, or words to that effect, until we both get up like normal people do a bit later.

I will watch this thread for better advice as to waking up stiff ... I am willing to employ a machine if need be ......

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Sleep is gold for me after the military, where it never was, so I do get my 7-8 nearly every night.

Aerodyne, yeah I’d love to find one of those around here.

And getting up before I get up....genius! Haha.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
11 years of PF have me crippled in the morning too, bro.

that said, I have a quick folding stationary bike (was like 119 or something) that I use in the morning for 3-5 mins and it mitigates slightly.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Hot Tub. I get up, pour a cup of coffee and head out on my deck for a 15min soak. Even 5-10mins makes all the difference in the world. It's also great before bed and/or sex.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
First thing I do in the morning is physical therapy for my shoulder with bands, pushups, pullups, and some hip mobility work. Then take a nice shower and on with my day.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Y’all are going to have me spending 10k and doing an hour long routine before this thread is over.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

Yea, and this shit is supposed to make us feel better as we age. I am like you, I feel like I have been beaten with a baseball bat while I sleep. The 1st thing I do is take 2 Ibuprofen.

Have you ever tried the plantar fascitis boots?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic