Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

More covid bull

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I went into a small business today, not wearing a mask, because I never do. The owner, a black man with a big smile came out to greet me, not wearing a mask, and shook my hand. We stood normally close together and he showed me some items as we conversed. He had kept his business open, and never closed it for the coronavirus. I commented on his accent. His face grew serious and he said, “I migrated here from Africa. I have seen plagues. And this is not one.”

Respect.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
People who have convinced themselves that they will never die are absolutely terrified that there is a .01% chance they will die from Covid. Those of us who know there is a 100% chance that we will die from something at some point, face that .01% chance much more courageously.

I like my covid with almonds and sliced banana for breakfast, with whole milk of course.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I think its also a self importance issue. Those who think the world is going stop if they die are terrified of the virus.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
@NavyChief

Since when do you take your bananas sliced?

Since you showed me how to properly slice them. I knew I had been handling bananas all wrong, I just needed a more experienced teacher.

Gracias mi amigo.

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
I highly recommend that you allow the app to start on your phone. The app tells if you have been around someone with covid.
I’m trying to figure out how to put it to say I have covid so everyone stays away from me. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I highly recommend that you allow the app to start on your phone. The app tells if you have been around someone with covid.
I’m trying to figure out how to put it to say I have covid so everyone stays away from me. LOL

How does the app know if you had CVD? My spouse and I had symptoms we thought were sinus infections so we just kept to ourselves and about a month later or so described symptoms to family and they said we had it. So my spouse went to private doctor to pay cash for a test and turns out + for antibodies & - for CVD, which means I had it too. How would the app know I had it. The app sounds like what they were doing in China & S. Korea.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010

I use an app to find hot Asian chicks, doesn't work so well either.

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
How does the app know if you had CVD? My spouse and I had symptoms we thought were sinus infections so we just kept to ourselves and about a month later or so described symptoms to family and they said we had it. So my spouse went to private doctor to pay cash for a test and turns out + for antibodies & - for CVD, which means I had it too. How would the app know I had it. The app sounds like what they were doing in China & S. Korea.

I think the app is linked in to the health dept database. All cases of Covid are registered. When someone tests positive at work we need to register this with the health dept.
I am sure it’s not accurate, but that is one method they use for determining the number of cases.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
@mugzy , the COVID virus is going to be the next year around flu. The vaccine isn’t just going to protect you for life, you get 3-6 months protection, then you need another shot. I wish heard immunity was an option, but that just can’t exist with such a short protective span. Don’t want to crush your spirits today, but just stating the facts.
Now if the vaccine protected you for 10 years, then I think all of us would think differently

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
@mugzy , the COVID virus is going to be the next year around flu. The vaccine isn’t just going to protect you for life, you get 3-6 months protection, then you need another shot. I wish heard immunity was an option, but that just can’t exist with such a short protective span. Don’t want to crush your spirits today, but just stating the facts.
Now if the vaccine protected you for 10 years, then I think all of us would think differently

JackD, As long as it gets the world back on track I'm happy. The vaccine will be refined, developed and improved along the way. At this point nobody knows how long the vaccine will last.

Guys I'm not debating take a vaccine, herd immunity... whatever. My opinion is open the economy and let it ride. The vaccine is just a tool to get there quicker. Is the economy more important than the people who will die.... you don't want my answer to that.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
JackD, As long as it gets the world back on track I'm happy. The vaccine will be refined, developed and improved along the way. At this point nobody knows how long the vaccine will last.

Guys I'm not debating take a vaccine, herd immunity... whatever. My opinion is open the economy and let it ride. The vaccine is just a tool to get there quicker. Is the economy more important than the people who will die.... you don't want my answer to that.

Governments weigh the value of human life vs. efficiency all the time. Every time a highway is built a speed limit must be decided. The engineers know that if the speed limit is set at 30 mph fewer people will die in crashes than if the speed limit is set at 85. It is not at all immoral to undertake the weighing and balancing exercise and conclude that the risk of covid is not worth the economic cost of another shutdown.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic