Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Monster Status

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Still training hard. Competed at a strongman competition last week and took third place out of seven competitors in the heavyweight open division, while weighing 219 lbs and technically a middle weight.

Saturday Strongman

Seated Front Viking Presses
315 x 3 x 12

Defecit Deadlifts for speed
405 x 8 x 2

Frame Carry
205 per hand x 40 feet x 10.7 seconds, 9.7 seconds
225 per hand x 40 feet x 15 seconds (I blew it on my lift off by leaning too far forward)

One arm rows with a barbell hinged from one end.
180 x 3 x 10 each arm

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Still training hard. Mondays -- deadlifts, Tuesdays -- Overhead Presses, Wednesdays (at home) -- Biceps Curls, Thursdays -- Squats, Fridays (at home) -- Triceps, Saturdays -- strongman training. This is what my week's training looks like.

Mondays Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays are with my coach. Saturdays are a group training and a lot of fun. Most times there are four of us, me and my coach and two women who are a part of our team, one of whom is a top strongwoman competitor and looking like she will be the national champ in a year or two! Sometimes we get another person to come and train with us and have a lot of fun.

My coach and I have been working on my deadlifts, trying to fix problems with form, and getting me to be more consistent. Lately I have seen a lot of improvement in my form, but my numbers are mediocre. I doubt I could get a 625 lb deadlift these days, which was my 1rm two years ago. But I hope to get back there in the next year or so.

I am focused on losing my bodyfat, hoping to diet down another 10 lbs to 210, then do a slow bulk with infrequent dieting for the indeterminate future.

Thanks for reading . . . Cheers!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Still training hard, here in the north country. Going to vote later today. Our freedom isn't free. We must participate if we expect to keep it. Cheers!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Strongman Saturday
224#

Deadlifts.
495 x 1
545 x 1
405 x 2 x 6 reps

Log Overhead Press
190 x 3
240 x 2 x 2

Carry and load Medly

wheelbarrow 500 x 15'
sand bag 265# lift from ground and carry 10' to a platform
wheelbarrow 500 x 15'
husafel 265# lift from ground and carry 1o' to platform
wheelbarrow 500 x 15'

Sand bag toss over a bar
50# x 2 x 15' did not get it over the bar, but came close. This was my first time throwing one, ever.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Monday November 12, 2018
224#

Good Mornings
225# x 5 sets x 3 reps

Somewhat challenging and my legs are sore after.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Saturday Strongman
222#

Dead Lift
455 x 3 x 6 reps

Log Overhead Press
240 x 1
220 x 2 x 2

Left before medleys, as I had other work to do.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
My coach switched me from strongman as my primary lifting goal to lean muscle gain at my request. We have been doing less power lifting exercises and more lifting for higher rep sets with medium weights. My joints are loving it and I am making some decent gains at the same time I am slowly leaning out.

Thursday December 13, 2018
223#

SSB Squat ATG
285 x 5 x 12

Got a headache from these and my legs were pretty much shot afterward!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Why the change in goals?

I have always wanted to be big and ripped. It has been a life long goal of mine, whereas strength has not. I began strength training in 2013 after my coach encouraged me for about a year and it turned out to be a lot of fun to be part of the team. It sill is. But after taking a national strongman title two years ago, I have been failing miserably at competing and seem to be getting weaker. My last two national championships saw me come in at or near the bottom of the pack. At the same time I have gotten a lot leaner and more muscular, which encouraged me to go back at least for a while, to my lifetime goal of being huge and shredded.

I am still doing some strength training and plan to do some strength competitions going forward so I maintain at least a moderate level of strength, if not my peak level. Once I get to have a permanent six pack, and when I eventually figure out why I have gotten weaker (I think it may have to do with muscle relaxers I am taking to counteract my chronic hiccups for 2 years now) and start to make strength gains again, I might shift my focus back to strength completely. After all, I want to succeed at whatever I am doing, not just tread water.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic