Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Monster Status

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Nice, man, congrats! Thats awesome dude. Not a bad first showing at all. Hell, no first showing is a bad one, you got out there and did it! Proud of you, bro. You've come miles.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Tuesday April 15, 2014

Floor Bb Bench Press
238 x 8 x 4 sets

supersetted with
Floor Db Flyes
40 x 10 x 4

Dips (count to 2 at bottom & top)
BW x 10 x 3 sets

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Never thought to do paused dips. I may have to try that.

How about paused squats?

Thursday April 17, 2014
215 on my bathroom scale.

Paused Squats (count to 4 -- or about 2 seconds, at bottom)
315 x 4 x 5 sets

supersetted without a rest, with
normal squats
315 x 4 x 5 sets

So I weighed 215# on my bathroom scale this morning. Because I weighed about 10# more than I guessed I would at the strongman, we tested my weight this morning, and my bathroom scale may be as much as 15# low. I am going to have to buy a new scale. I could live with it while I thought it was consistently 5# low, but 15# and I can't be sure whether that is the consistent error is too much for me to live with. So for now I am revising my weights to be 15# above my bathroom scale, so I will say I weigh 230#. I am still down about 40# from my peak, but that means I weighed 270# at my peak, which completely blows my mind!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
How about paused squats?

Thursday April 17, 2014
215 on my bathroom scale.

Paused Squats (count to 4 -- or about 2 seconds, at bottom)
315 x 4 x 5 sets

supersetted without a rest, with
normal squats
315 x 4 x 5 sets

So I weighed 215# on my bathroom scale this morning. Because I weighed about 10# more than I guessed I would at the strongman, we tested my weight this morning, and my bathroom scale may be as much as 15# low. I am going to have to buy a new scale. I could live with it while I thought it was consistently 5# low, but 15# and I can't be sure whether that is the consistent error is too much for me to live with. So for now I am revising my weights to be 15# above my bathroom scale, so I will say I weigh 230#. I am still down about 40# from my peak, but that means I weighed 270# at my peak, which completely blows my mind!

Loved paused squats.

My digital bathroom scale is spot on. Brushed nickel homedics or something from bed bath and beyond....somewhere in the 50.00 range if memory serves me right.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Ass to ground 2 second pause squats are the shit. They hurt and are not fun, but they do the job well for leg development. I do them after my normal sets of heavy parallels, and keep them light. Usually around 225. No higher than 315. Shouldn't need much more for true ass to ground pauses. Good stuff woods

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Legs are nice and sore today.

Friday April 18, 2014
215 on my bathroom scale so 230#?

Dips
BW x 20 x 5 sets

supersetted with pullups
BW x 10 x 5 sets

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Do we need to start a " buy ww a new scale " fund ?

GermaniaK

GermaniaK

Apr 19, 2014
Just saw your message on MD from December!

Nice touch with the additional strongman training. I'm seeming to head in that direction as well.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Saturday April 19, 2014.

Black Belt class 9:00-10:00
Strongman training 10:15 - 11:30
Weapons and Grappling class (special session) 1:00 to 3:30

Here is what we did for strongman:

Axle Clean (continental cleans) and Press
186 x 1
220 x 1
220 x 1

the last two sets
Supersetted with Log Clean and Press
220 x 1
220 x 1

supersetted with single arm dumbbells (I did none, these were a crazy huge 130lb dumbbell my trainer made and it's too big for me at the moment)

Bent Leg Deadlifts
450 (axle) x fail (about 5 attempts, got it up to my knees twice).
550 (Box bar) x no attempts
380 (axle) x 2 x 2 sets

Husafelt Stone lifts (no carry, these were crazy hard and hurt, too.)
245 x 1 x 2 sets

Just saw your message on MD from December!

Nice touch with the additional strongman training. I'm seeming to head in that direction as well.

I am loving strongman so far, but am a complete newbie.

You doing any competitions the next few months?

I'm so glad you started a journal on here. I look forward to watching your good progress, you always work so hard . . .

I hired a trainer and he's kicking my but 4 days a week and I do one workout at home where I try not to completely wuss out.

I'm still doing karate - 3 days per week, and a muai thai bootcamp 2 days per week at the moment.

Things are great (except cash flow could be better).

Last edited:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Husafell is a horrible event for me. They hurt to carry. Just a suggestion. Use elbow sleeves or but a cheap pair of mueller forearm sleeves ( jackals gym sells for ten bucks or so) they will spare your arms a bit and usable in a comp

GermaniaK

GermaniaK

Apr 19, 2014
I am loving strongman so far, but am a complete newbie.

You doing any competitions the next few months?

I'm so glad you started a journal on here. I look forward to watching your good progress, you always work so hard . . .

I hired a trainer and he's kicking my but 4 days a week and I do one workout at home where I try not to completely wuss out.

I'm still doing karate - 3 days per week, and a muai thai bootcamp 2 days per week at the moment.

Things are great (except cash flow could be better).

I'm in the same boat on the strongman stuff. Built myself a 12 inch log, 5 feet long log for pressing which weighs 110 lbs. It's adding a whole new dimension in itself to my training.

No shows for me, to be perfectly honest I have absolutely no desire right now. Life is far too hectic ... I'm working more now, building my first home which will be complete before the year end and trying to get my CPA qualification completed (half way through). All the while trying to juggle all the other domestic duties required; helping hand with the housework, fixing shit when it breaks, maintaining the gardens, doing my duties with our dog, etc. I try and practice subsistence as much as possible which saves A LOT of money but it can be very time consuming.

All the best with the strongman training. Hope for a healthy remaining 2014 for both of us.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic