Kiddorism
What's New?

MLK

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I have great respect for the MLK’s contributions as an activist / reformer.
Me too. He's a good example that most of us are quite complicated individuals. But I won't let his faults distract from the good he actually did do. He was effective at moving the needle on civil rights and avoiding what could have been a much more violent period.

I'll take from him that I will treat every person as I find them, and respect them as an individual, regardless of skin color. I just wish that those who carry the mantle of "civil rights" today would do the same. Seems like people want me to make everything about skin color, and I want to make, as best as possible, nothing about skin color.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Media is filled with pay-ops ran to confuse and not make you think correctly this is very well planned out by the free masons and illuminate. There also might be some truth to reptilians running the show if you read into ancient writings of civilization this planet has been around millions of years and shows scrapes and markings of incredible events

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
The Democrat party is a party of the KKK, slavery and Jim Crow laws
The Dems were the party of conservative southerners back then. The Republicans were mostly the party of liberal northerners. Although, to be fair there wasn't the same political paradigm back then.

It wasn't a bunch of liberals running around lynching blacks.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
The Dems were the party of conservative southerners back then. The Republicans were mostly the party of liberal northerners. Although, to be fair there wasn't the same political paradigm back then.

It wasn't a bunch of liberals running around lynching blacks.
Wow. Vernon Jones is either totally uneducated, or he is a total sell out.

It's up to him to decide which political party offers him the best shot for personal advancement, but history is history, and easily researched.

The KKK and all the rest of that shit were from the southeastern USA ... that much is true. The southern USA was Democrat at that time, and for approximately 100 years later ... that much is also true. That choice was made by Southerners who lost the Civil War while Republican Abe Lincoln was President, never forgave him, and he was also the one who freed the slaves, thus further pissing off the South.

Flash forward to the 1960-70s, and things had changed. The Republican Party was generally more conservative while the Democrats were getting more progressive and looking to change things. Southern traditionalists preferred minimal change, and took years to react to the shifting tides. One of the earliest, and most visible, was Strom Thurmond of SC. who served as Governor and US Senator, initially as a Democrat. He ran for President in 1948 as a 3rd Party "Dixiecrat," lost, and continued in the Senate as a born again Republican. Although he was influential for Southern voters everywhere, it was a lesser known political strategist named Harry S Dent (Senior ... his son is more about investments than politics) who devised the "Republican Southern Strategy" that may have had the greater effect.

That is the America we live, and vote, in today, Vernon Jones. Another easily searched term is "the solid South," which describes how geography is a fairly reliable predictor for how Americans vote. The South was solid for Democrats a long time ago, but it has been solid for Republicans since the 1960-70s.

Hard to believe ol' Vernon hasn't already known this for a long time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic