Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Miracles exist! Finally got my wife to concede she'd lost the argument.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
So Friday I was having a few beers. Like any other Friday. I started around 7pm. Around 2am my wife comes in the living room all anxious. She'd counted the empties in the recycling bin. Normally I pitch the empties in the outside bin, but I was feeling lazy so I pitched them in the inside bin where consequently, she could see them. She asks "how drunk are you? You've had 16 beers tonight!" I replied "not at all. Not in the slightest. I'm still legal to drive." She said she doubted that. She mentioned her brother can only have about 8 and he's looped.

I said ok, grab your laptop and go open up a blood alcohol calculator. I had her enter in how many beers I had had and over what length of time I'd had the beers She asked how much I weigh? So I went and grabbed the scale and weighed myself. I was actually down to 387lbs. I've been on a diet during the week, chicken, fish and veggies. Haha, feeling light on my fee at 387lbs!

.073%. Still "technically" legal to drive in Florida. So there, woman. See?

She still kind of argued for a bit but finally conceded. It's a rare win but I'll take it. Me and the power of math have beaten the female species for once.

blood alcohol.png

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
So Friday I was having a few beers. Like any other Friday. I started around 7pm. Around 2am my wife comes in the living room all anxious. She'd counted the empties in the recycling bin. Normally I pitch the empties in the outside bin, but I was feeling lazy so I pitched them in the inside bin where consequently, she could see them. She asks "how drunk are you? You've had 16 beers tonight!" I replied "not at all. Not in the slightest. I'm still legal to drive." She said she doubted that. She mentioned her brother can only have about 8 and he's looped.

I said ok, grab your laptop and go open up a blood alcohol calculator. I had her enter in how many beers I had had and over what length of time I'd had the beers She asked how much I weigh? So I went and grabbed the scale and weighed myself. I was actually down to 387lbs. I've been on a diet during the week, chicken, fish and veggies. Haha, feeling light on my fee at 387lbs!

She still kind of argued for a bit but finally conceded. It's a rare win but I'll take it. Me and the power of math have beaten the female species for once.

View attachment 12107

Sorry to burst your bubble…. Trust me, you have not won. She is letting you think you did. You may have won this battle, but she will win the war.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Wait until you're in your 60's, 4 beers = looped, hangovers hurt way more and you'll be too tired to even consider an argument with the wife/girlfriend. Easier to just go to bed.

If u were not "into" anti-aging regimens (I assume u have been practicing this for a while now), how do u feel your overall "health" would be compared to now?...

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
387 lbs????

Also why the fuck are you married to a woman that nags you for drinking beer if you like to drink beer?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
If u were not "into" anti-aging regimens (I assume u have been practicing this for a while now), how do u feel your overall "health" would be compared to now?...

I'd be a mess if I hadn't run into the urologist that was open to HRT in the late 80's and modifications that worked best for me. He always prescribed to all his patients 200 mg/wk. Used to take alot of heat from the Endos and Internal Med guys at his institution, but he never had problems with patients. Three things that I would change if I could looking back. One focus less on weight lifted and more on quality of lifts. Too many years of going heavy thinking that heavy was always necessary for hypertrophy and that has led to more joint issues now, esp shoulders and lower back (one surgery in 2005 and another next week). Two would have been better control of BP and not enough cardio, it was a little too high for too long and that lead to left ventricular hypertrophy (controlled now). Three, better control of body composition. Too much of everything beer, bourbon and food, not that I was fat but that added to systemic stress. Of course knowing what I know now about what I should have done, and I think many of us on this board are learning that now, hopefully the younger members will base their practices on what we've learned and not follow some of our earlier footsteps that have gotten us in worse shape as we are older then where we could have been. I'm still learning and trying to keep as much as I have as long as I have.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

View attachment 12107

How is your overall health, bro?...And how long have u been carrying that kind of weight?...Also, is most of your family carrying that kind of weight?...Is there any evidence within your immediate family that ya'lls mortality rate is lower than the average size man or woman do to weight?...

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
How is your overall health, bro?...And how long have u been carrying that kind of weight?...Also, is most of your family carrying that kind of weight?...Is there any evidence within your immediate family that ya'lls mortality rate is lower than the average size man or woman do to weight?...

I've always been heavy. I hold it well though. I haven't been under 220lbs since I was 13 years old. I'm 6'4 with a ridiculously 'wide' build and very large bones. 63" around the shoulders and about 61 around the chest. My friend who played linebacker for the Detroit Lions says I'm a prototypical offensive guard. Haha.

But yes, I'd be much off lighter. Normally I'd be around 300lbs to 320lbs. I've gotten shredded in the past. Usually for me shredded is around 270lbs. I have a hard time staying at low fat. It's a real challenge for me. Plus, I kind of like the power that comes with being 300lbs. When my weight gets under 300lbs I start to feel weak.

As I get older though I need to get the weight off and keep it off. My blood pressure is a little high these days so I'm taking Atenolol, Amlodipine and Lisinipril to control it. My dad was a big guy, 6'1 and 260lbs. he lived to be 73. Other than us everybody in the family is boney.

My goal is to get down to at least 300lbs. I kind of choose that weight because I'm nimble and reasonably healthy at 300lbs and it's not so light I'll be battling my body's natural desire to be bigger.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I've been married for almost 32 years and I can say without a doubt you did not win that argument. You may have given her all the supporting info, stood on one foot while juggling 13 plates, a dozen eggs, and sing the star-spangled banner but she just let you down easy because she did not want to prove you wrong LOL. Women have some way of allowing us to THINK we are right every now and again just to keep us in line. That "win" will last you many years until the next one comes up. and she let's you win again.

Nice fantasy though you almost gave all us guys hope. :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic