Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

minimum fat requirement for person on TRT

D

dashriprock

Aug 30, 2022
on a healthy dose of TRT, can you eat a trace fat diet?

like 10g or less per day for 12 weeks?

what about...

still need lipids to transport proteins through the cell walls. Also worth mentioning that there are more hormones than just testosterone that need producing.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
Let me first ask what is your goal in attempting this?

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
What are your goals? We’d need to understand what you are trying to do to in order to assess whether or not it would be advisable. However, the short answer to your question is “yes.” I’ve run a 6 week PSMF variant for a portion of a longer precontest style diet. So it’s doable, for sure….whether or not it will help you reach your goals is a different question.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
If you try to set it up you might find a pretty slim selection of food/supplements to get you so low as 10 g fat in your diet unless you are on a starvation diet of just fucking dry oat meal or rice. You want protein at 200 g or above to get that thermogenic effect of protein and that is going to put you over 10 g even if your diet is mostly protein powder, which I would recommend against.

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
If you try to set it up you might find a pretty slim selection of food/supplements to get you so low as 10 g fat in your diet unless you are on a starvation diet of just fucking dry oat meal or rice. You want protein at 200 g or above to get that thermogenic effect of protein and that is going to put you over 10 g even if your diet is mostly protein powder, which I would recommend against.
Not even then. Oatmeal has fat in it. LOL.

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
First, KISS applies to diet.

You can eat whatever way you wish. TRT will simply make a diet more efficacious.

Everyone is different, choose a diet that allows you to reach your goals. TRT will expidite your path to a goal.

D

dashriprock

Aug 30, 2022
egg whites.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
egg whites.

^thats largely what I used. What are your goals, got me curious. When I did it, my fat intake was a little higher than 10g of fat as my primary focus was protein intake and I only did it for six weeks of misery to the point it could almost be described as spiritual. It would be very difficult for someone who is already lean to go for 12 weeks super low fat and super low carb, unless the person was obese and even then it would be tough. I haven’t kept up with Lyle Macdonald and what his current thinking is, but even for the clinically obese his original diet program called for one optional cheat meal a week even when on an extended crash diet.

Egg whites, a few skinless chicken breasts or tilapia filets, protein powder, and maybe some fat free cheese. If I felt like total hell I’d do a dab of fish oil or smidgen of peanut butter - but my goal wasn’t eating sub 10g of fat per day, the goal was getting shredded for an impromptu event that had come up.

YMMV….no matter what you end up doing it should start with a candid conversation with your doctor.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
lean, for the first time ever.

Good for you, the key is to decide you’re going to do it and then relentlessly pursue. Too many people come up with happy ass goals this time of year without the mental toughness and discipline to actually see them through.

If you have 30 or more lbs to lose, I’d advise against a PSMF style diet. Not because it doesn’t work. IMO, there are faster, more effective, and easier options. PSMF is just a tool in my toolbox for very specific purposes. I can see how it could be of use to amateur athletes who f’d up and have to quickly get back into their weight class. I think the best use case is for someone who wants to run it for 2 weeks or so right before a big event - class reunion, vacation, wedding, etc particularly as part of a larger nutritional strategy.

For heavier people just starting out I recommend taking the bullet train - keto. First two weeks just focus on staying under 20 grams of net carbohydrates and eating until you are full. Drink a fuck ton of water. After someone is comfortable with keto, that’s when they can start optimizing the macros. For me, I usually run a high protein/ moderate fat/ low carb diet….it works very well for me but ymmv. The best advice I can give anyone embarking on a weight loss mission is drink a fuck ton of water. At least 80% of the time when a friend or colleague comes bitching to me about their diet…almost always turns out to be not enough water.

D

dashriprock

Aug 30, 2022
Good for you, the key is to decide you’re going to do it and then relentlessly pursue. Too many people come up with happy ass goals this time of year without the mental toughness and discipline to actually see them through.

If you have 30 or more lbs to lose, I’d advise against a PSMF style diet. Not because it doesn’t work. IMO, there are faster, more effective, and easier options. PSMF is just a tool in my toolbox for very specific purposes. I can see how it could be of use to amateur athletes who f’d up and have to quickly get back into their weight class. I think the best use case is for someone who wants to run it for 2 weeks or so right before a big event - class reunion, vacation, wedding, etc particularly as part of a larger nutritional strategy.

For heavier people just starting out I recommend taking the bullet train - keto. First two weeks just focus on staying under 20 grams of net carbohydrates and eating until you are full. Drink a fuck ton of water. After someone is comfortable with keto, that’s when they can start optimizing the macros. For me, I usually run a high protein/ moderate fat/ low carb diet….it works very well for me but ymmv. The best advice I can give anyone embarking on a weight loss mission is drink a fuck ton of water. At least 80% of the time when a friend or colleague comes bitching to me about their diet…almost always turns out to be not enough water.
I don't have PM privileges, wanted to send you progress pics, this would make so much more sense.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
Where are you w/ Tes lab works? You should go off labs if you want to adjust levels.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic