Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Milos DIet Tips From the Pros

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Those of you that follow Milos Sarcev know he is one of the smartest IFBB pros out there when it comes to diet and the use of drugs. Milos has a long seminar he does on structuring you diet so I will break it down in a shorter form.

Protein

Milos starts his diet off with genera; protein needs. After you determine you needs for protein, that will remain constant. He suggest that for most people who lift weight we need about 1g/lb/bw. As your training gets more serious and you send more time in the gym you needs go up. At that point you may need 1.5g/lb/bw. For those who are competitive bodybuilders the needs then go up to 2g/lb/bw or more.

Body Types

Milos suggest that your specific protein intake may depend on what type of body you have.

Somatotypes-and-body-shape[1].jpg

Ectomorphs - typically hard gainers and have higher need for nutrients. This particular body type will most likely have higher protein needs from 1.5-2g/lb/bw. About the same as a competitive bodybuilder.
Endomorphs – high protein 1.5g/lb/bw.
Mesomorphs - may be able to get away with 1g/lb – 1.5g/lb/d

Carbohydrate Needs

Ectomorphs – 300g - 500g keeping the protein high
Endomorphs – start off with 100g/carbs and go up slightly depending on your level of energy
Mesomorphs – 300g - 500g depending on activity level

Starchy carbs consumed in the morning and before your workout.
Fibrous carbs can be taken in any time during the day, the more the better.
Simple carbohydrates ONLY during and/or after workouts.

Fat Needs
Extra fats should be minimal throughout the day because most protein will contain fat. The only exception should be essential fats like Omega 3/6. Try to keep the total fat below 100g/d. Of course saturated fats included in the protein you are needed.

During the day you will eat mostly carbohydrates and protein. This should be structured around your training. At night you will consume more fats.

Milos says you should eat a minimum of 5 meals or more a day.

Digestive Speed of Proteins and Timing
  1. Fast
  2. Medium
  3. Slow
Fast Proteins

The digestive rate of proteins greatly depends on the amount if fat. So fast protein would include whey protein. The amino acids in whey protein are quickly utilized by the body

Medium Proteins

Would include white chicken, fish, turkey and egg whites. They have some fat in them and take longer to digest.

Slow Proteins

Would include dark chicken, fish, turkey and whole eggs. It also includes casein or even cottage cheese.

Meal Timing

Immediately after getting up – whey protein
Breakfast – a combination of fast and slow proteins
Lunch – a combination of medium and slow proteins
Dinner – slow proteins
Pre workout - medium proteins 1 hour before training
Workout – BCCA’s
Post workout – Fast digesting protein

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Sorry....read till I got to " body types".

If there has ever been a part of broscience that has been debunked more are somatotypes. Just garbage.

Wow. Went on to read and it gets even worse. That is really garbage.... Sorry

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I wanted to pass this off.......

Oleksandr Tyhkorskyi, Viktor Dzhym, Mykolay Galashko, Evgeniya Dzhym. Analysis of the morphological changes in beginning bodybuilders due to resistance training Department of weightlifting and box, Kharkov state academy of physical culture, UKRAINE. April 2018. Journal of Physical Education and Sport 18(supplement issue 1) DOI: 10.7752/jpes.2018.s152

Abstract
Bodybuilding is the kind of sport in which a sportsman's body shape influences the competition results[1;23]. In spite of scientific researches in the sport anthropology there is the lack of information about morphological changes of beginner bodybuilders as a result of resistance training [17]. The aim of this study was to trace changes of somatotype of bodybuilders of first and second class during mass gaining period. Materials and methods involved: a total of 22 male first and second class bodybuilders aged from 19 to 26 year old participated in this study. Body weight, Height, Skinfolds thickness (Triceps, Subscapular, Abdominal and Medial calf, Girths of tensed arm and calf, and two Breadths (Biepicondylar Humerus Breadth and Biepicondylar Femur Breadth) from each participants were measured before and after the basic period. The Height was 180±1.11sm. The body mass in the beginning of study was 78.9±1.29kg, in the end it was 79.64±1.22kg (t=2.91, p<0.01). Measurement indicators of skinfolds in the beginning and the end of study were: Triceps-4.55±0.27mm; 4.59±0.21mm (t=0.25, p>0.05), Subscapular-6.91±0.51mm; 6.86±0.40mm (t=0.23, p>0.05), Abdominal-10.05±0.95mm; 9.14±0.67mm (t=2.3, p>0.05), Medial calf-4.68±0.26mm; 4.64±0.22mm (t=0.29, p>0.05). The Morphological level before and after study was: Endomorphy-2.45±0.20; 2.36±0.14 (t=1.05, p>0.05), Mesomorphy-5.20±0.13; 5.58±0.14 (t=4.7, p<0.001), Ectomorphy-2.08±0.11; 1.76±0.07 (t=3.03, p<0.01). The Girth of tensed arm was 41.3±0.33mm; 42.6±0.31mm (t=4.12, p<0.001), The Girth of Medial calf-40.23±0.27mm; 41.09±0.37mm (t=3.07, p<0.01). Our study has showed the changes of somatotype of bodybuilders 1st and 2nd class during the basic period of preparation. Bodybuilders shifted their somatotype towards mesomorphic type during mass gaining period.

I know when I started powerlifting in 1980, I was definitely and ectomorph. 6'1" and about 180lbs. Mostly because i was taught to eat until i was full. When I ended the sport my somatotype had completely shifted....bigger bone mass and a definite meso morph but so ere my eating habits. My wife started as an ectomorph and shifted her somatotypefrom endomorph to mesomorph, she was taught to eat until all the food put on he table was gone. So I absolutely believe that somatotypes are not permanent in weight lifting sports and can easily be changed. They are important predictive factors for success in many other sports such as volleyball and even gymnastics.

There was also a study done in Malaysia on dietary intakes. Ectomorphs correlated positively with caloric intake, protein, carbohydrate and fat intakes. Mesomorphs correlated negatively with protein intakes. They concluded by saying dietary intakes incluence somatotype componants and symatotype measurements...... Which to me says that it is not so much the samatotype that influences dietary intake by the dietary intake influencing somatotype.

Khairil Shazmin Kamarudin,Kamarudin, Abdul Manan. Body somatotype and dietary intakes of government employees in Kuala Terengganu.
March 2019. Malaysian Applied Biology 48(1):79-85.

I am not so critical of Milos and instead want to find out why he considers somatotyping to be of any importance. Milos has trained quite a few very good BB's like Flex Wheeler, Bob Paris, and Lee Labrada just to name a few. So he isn't absolutely crazy and seems to put a lot of thought into training, diets and the use of drugs.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Here is another interesting study:

Małgorzata Drywień et.al. Influence of the somatotype on intake of energy and nutrients in women. Published 2016. Sociology Anthropological Notebooks

Nutrition is an integral part of the formation of fat and muscle and affects anthropometric parameters. Measurement of growth and weight gain can be used to characterise the physical development of human beings. Weight-to-height parameters can be used to determine body types (somatotypes). Somatotypes have recently been studied due to their link to various diseases, including diet-related ones. The study involved 154 female students of a university in of Warsaw, aged 21-25 years. The study was based on a questionnaire composed of two parts. The first contained information on weight, height, place of residence, supplementation, self-health assessment, and physical activity. The second part was based on three-day dietary food records. The subjects were divided into three groups according to somatotypes: ectomorphic, mesomorphic and endomorphic. The women of the ectomorphic somatotype consumed the greatest amount of energy, protein, fats, vitamins B1, B6, copper, and retinol. The women of the mesomorphic somatotype consumed more carbohydrates than women of other body types did. Endomorphic women had great difficulty in maintaining ideal body weight, even though the food they consumed supplied the least amount of energy, macronutrients, and selected vitamins and minerals. Somatotype, that is the type of human physique, affects the consumption of energy and some nutrients (protein, fat, vitamins B1 and B6, copper and retinol).

So it makes sense to me that many people who are tall and thin are that way becaue they simply don't consume enough energy to gain. But that can be changed through education on how to eat. I have never been convinced that there is a one size fits all approach to nutrition or training. Seems somatotyping falls into that catagory.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
If somatotypes can change, (per one of the studies you posted) they are false by definition.

One thing that has shown to corelate to overall ability to gain musculature is frame size. Joint size is a close indicator of muscle frame potential. Cast Butt did a lot of study in this area.

But the truth is nature is a bell curve. Very few exceptions to the rules but they do exist. There are women who are stronger than men, but they are the rarity and each exist a few standard deviations from the norm.

Lots of talk about exceptions to the rules as justification of positions. But for most purposes arguing exceptions to the rules is pretty silly.

I don't have the motivation to change minds. Just so glad so much of this old bs is now recognized for what it is. Junk.

As for Milo's, I will use the example of an IFBB pro I know. The guy is a moron. He sells his training advice and diet services. They work, but so would many other, much less restrictive methods. He also puts people on way too much gear. (He sells it to the for 125/ 10cc). Puts first time contestants on cycles of tren...etc. so long story short, being jacked does not make one smart. Maybe they just have good genes and a great response to anabolics.

I am blessed with the ability to think and learn for myself. I don't rely on anyone for my ideas but have been open to learning from anyone. I used to think like you but no longer am a slave to bodybuilding myths of decades past.

You can believe what you want. Good luck

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
If somatotypes can change, (per one of the studies you posted) they are false by definition.

One thing that has shown to corelate to overall ability to gain musculature is frame size. Joint size is a close indicator of muscle frame potential. Cast Butt did a lot of study in this area.

But the truth is nature is a bell curve. Very few exceptions to the rules but they do exist. There are women who are stronger than men, but they are the rarity and each exist a few standard deviations from the norm.

Lots of talk about exceptions to the rules as justification of positions. But for most purposes arguing exceptions to the rules is pretty silly.

I don't have the motivation to change minds. Just so glad so much of this old bs is now recognized for what it is. Junk.

As for Milo's, I will use the example of an IFBB pro I know. The guy is a moron. He sells his training advice and diet services. They work, but so would many other, much less restrictive methods. He also puts people on way too much gear. (He sells it to the for 125/ 10cc). Puts first time contestants on cycles of tren...etc. so long story short, being jacked does not make one smart. Maybe they just have good genes and a great response to anabolics.

I am blessed with the ability to think and learn for myself. I don't rely on anyone for my ideas but have been open to learning from anyone. I used to think like you but no longer am a slave to bodybuilding myths of decades past.

You can believe what you want. Good luck

I will say I don't know Milos, and have never talked to him but would enjoy picking his brain. I would also love to debate him over his somatotyping theory. I have heard a lot fo good things about him but with any good there is alway bad too. Glad to hear that imput from those who have used him. Kind of goes with the feelings have have with these "gurus." I have never understood any payingmoney to one of these guys for anything. My wife mae the mistake of doing that a few years back. I won't mention the name of the PRO but the information he gave was absolutly rediculou and would have put her in the hospital. Seems like i did hear the rumo that MIlos loves opiates? However, I did like the some fo the basicv advice he gave but like you, did not see the sense in adding in somatypes to this. In fact, this was the 1st time I have ever heard this theory mentioned anywhere and honestly didn't may much attention to the reference, and instead concentrated on the nutritional values conpaired to levels of activity. As I said, I would love to sit down with Milos and ask him why he added that. He seems like a fairly intelligent man and I would haveno problem talking to him. Hell.he might even teach me something. You never know.

I watched the whole video and wanted to simply pass this off for open discussion. Obviously I wasted my time. I do not eat anywhere close to this diet In fact, my protein intake is much less than 1g/lb and I have done well. Other that TEF I don't believe we need near as much protein and most in science say 1.75g/kg is plenty for even strength athletes. I do take in the range of carbs he suggest but also believe more fat is needed that what he suggest. I agree with you that the somatotyping is hoaky just like the blood type diets. It almost puts us all in a one size fits all thing. Somatotypoes can be changed. I have bone density scans from a young guy to a seasoned lifter that prove it. My bone mass despite my age, competely changed, thus my somatotype completey change from 6'1" 145 lbs at 18 to 290 lbs in 2005 to 243 lbs in 2021. No one in my family weights that much or has ever gained that much strength or mass. Most allof themen on both sides of my family were tall and thin. I broke the mold. My wife's family had issues with obesity, she broke the mold too.

I have also listened to Milo siminars on insulin use and he is suprisingly educated on the science behind it. I can appreciate that but always question everything I am told. Yea, like you, I am able to think and learn for mself but I always listen to others and happy to debate what they say with them or others. I honestly don't buy into this theory and only wanted to start a discussion on the subject. As far as gear, I set 14 world records using 250mg of test e/wk. Nothing else. I am not a believer in all of these mega doses. There is no short cut to success other that training hard. The rest are just an aid. While I like Milos insulin protocol, I also disagree that you need that much insulin and would enjoy debating that with him. Milo is jacked but he no doubt doesn't give himself credit for the hard work in the gym year after year. But then thatis very hard to sell.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

C

CarylFairhurst

Jul 6, 2022
Thank you for these tips. I have been on diets and trying different practices for several years now, so this was an experiment for me as well.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Its very easy to over-complicate things that aren't complicated at all. The ppl that think of themselves as intellectuals are normally the ones who buy into this garbage. I remember seeing this several years ago and making it about halfway through. Meanwhile back in reality he could have been built the way he was just eating chicken and rice and a gram of test and tren per week. Same with any of the top 20 or so guys back in the day.

C

CarylFairhurst

Jul 6, 2022
Thank you for these tips. I have been on diets and trying different practices for several years now, so this was an experiment for me as well.
While learning and following this diet, I have lost 22 pounds, which is a great result. As I see it, having a good smart scale is also very important in weight loss.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic