Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Military Drug Testing

Beanlicker

Beanlicker

Aug 28, 2012
I came across this article at eroids.com but it does not list an author. It sounds like very useful info for any members who are currently serving....

There have been a lot of threads in regards to the military and drug testing. Some of the questions included what do they normally screen for, what are the cutoffs that will make you pop, and do they screen for AAS.

As a the Substance Abuse Control Officer (SACO) for my unit please allow me to shed some light on this issue. But before I start, I must state, in no uncertain terms, that I do not condone the use of ANY illegal substance. I just feel its important to provide you all with the accurate information.

In the Navy/Marine Corps, the unit is required to randomly test 10% of its people per month. The people selected for these test are selected completely randomly via the units roster imputed into a computer program.

These random tests screen for the following drugs. On this list you will also find the concentrations in your blood that will make you pop.

Rpt Abbreviation Drug Cutoff Value:

THC THC 15 ng/ml
COC COCAINE 100 ng/ml
PCP PCP 25 ng/ml
COD CODEINE 2000 ng/ml
MOR MORPHINE 4000 ng/ml
6AM HEROIN 10 ng/ml
LSD 2-OXO-3-HYDROXY-LSD 1000 pg/ml
LSD LSD 200 pg/ml
MDMA MDMA 500 ng/ml
MDA MDA 500 ng/ml
MDEA MDEA 500 ng/ml
OXCOD OXYCODONE 100 ng/ml
OXMOR OXYMORPHONE 100 ng/ml
DMETH D-METHAMPHETAMINE 100 ng/ml
DAMP D-AMPHETAMINE 100 ng/ml

What happens if someone pops? Once the SACO receives the report from the drug screening lab that someone has popped positive, that member will be recommended for an administrative separation unless that member was prescribed a medication that falls in line with the substance that they popped for.

What are the chances for a false positive? The drug screening labs have some high speed gear. If any sample comes back positive,, they immediately test it again. They routinely quality check their test equipment by having shop supervisors randomly sending batches of samples through with known positive samples. The testers do not know when this occurs. So to sum it up, the chances are slim to none that when a SACO gets a report that a sample is positive for drugs, that it is incorrect.

Now to the AAS issue. If you reference the list above, you will not find a single listing for any kind of AS/PH. Thats because the facilities that the Navy/Marine Corps use, which are located in J'Ville FL, and San Diego, CA, can not screen for AS/PH. They just dont have the equipment. The Navy/Marine Corps has to send samples for steroid testing to Dr. Caitlin's lab at UCLA. The most recent price for this test ws $250.00.

So how does the military actually test for steroids then? Well this is kind of a nebulous issue. First, you have to be suspected of use and the command then has to have probable cause to ask you for a sample. Now comes the question, well how in the heck does the command get probable cause. Like I said, its a nebulous issue. Anyone reading these threads knows the sides associated with using AS/PH's and which ones can become apparent to your co-workers.

If your command thinks it has probable cause, they will probably already have consulted with base legal, they will ask you to consent to providing a sample. They are going to ask you this because it ellimnates the need to prove probable cause. If you do not consent, the commanding officer will then order you to provide a sample. There is a differnece here. Personally, I dont think I would ever consent to any kind of test. Whether I was using or not. This comes down to privacy issue for me. Besides, if you consent and you pop, you can be recommended for court martial. If it is a command directed test, and you pop, they can only administratively seperate you. Reason being, a positive result obtained from a command directed urinalysis, without satisfying probable cause, is not admisable in court.

So then you ask, what AS/PH can they test for and how long do they stay in your system? This question I cant definitively answer. I think that you could probably find the answer to this on this board someplace or on the net. Just be advised, I would suspect that any answer you find will be a best guess. I have talked to the drug demand reduction coordinator for my base, and was sitting in his office when he called the UCLA lab. The UCLA lab would not go into specifics as to screeing process and detection times.

Detection times - half lives and drug testing

DETECTION TIMES

Anavar ............................................3 weeks
Anadrol........................................... ..2 months
Andriol........................................... ...1 week
Boldenone Undecyclenate...................4-5 months
clen.............................................. ...4-5 Days
dbol ................................................5 weeks
deca ................................................18 months
Drostanolone propionate........................2 months
Ephedrin ...........................................4-5 Days
Halo.............................................. ....2 months
Methamphetamin ...............................6-10 Days
nandrolon phenylprop ........................12 months
nilevar........................................... ....5-6 weeks
Parabolan......................................... ..4-5 weeks
Proviron.......................................... ...5 weeks
Primo Depot.......................................4-5 weeks
Sustanon ...........................................3 months
Spiropent......................................... ...4-5 days
test cyp .............................................3 months
test enat ............................................3 months
test Prop.............................................2 -3 weeks
Trenbolon Acet ....................................4-5 weeks
*test supspenison No metabolites. t/e should be back to normal in days
Equipoise......................................... ....4-5months
Winny oral...........................................3 weeks .
Winny inj.............................................2 months

Half lives

Oral steroids Drug Active half-life
Anadrol / Anapolan50 (oxymetholone) 8 to 9 hours
Anavar (oxandrolone) 9 hours
Dianabol (methandrostenolone, methandienone) 4.5 to 6 hours
Methyltestosterone 4 days
Winstrol (stanozolol)
(tablets or depot taken orally) 9 hours

Depot steroids Drug Active half-life
deca-durabolin (nandrolone decanate) 15 days
Equipoise 14 days
finaject (trenbolone acetate) 3 days
primobolan (methenolone enanthate) 10.5 days
Sustanon or omnadren 15 to 18 days
Testosterone cypionate 12 days
Testosterone enanthate 10.5 days
Testosterone propionate 4.5 days
Testosterone Suspension 1 day
* Winstrol (stanozolol) 1 day

*Winstrol depot does not actually possess a classical half-life because it is un-esterified. Instead, the microcrystals dissolve slowly. Once they have all dissolved levels of the drug fall very rapidly. It is still an important consideration, and we have included it with a half-life of one day.

Steroid esters Drug Active half-life
Formate 1.5 days
Acetate 3 days
propionate 4.5 days
Phenylpropionate 4.5 days
Butyrate 6 days
Valerate 7.5 days
Hexanoate 9 days
Caproate 9 days
Isocaproate 9 days
Heptanoate 10.5 days
enanthate 10.5 days
Octanoate 12 days
cypionate 12 days
Nonanoate 13.5 days
decanoate 15 days
undecanoate 16.5 days

ancillaries Drug Active half-life
Arimidex 3 days
Clenbuterol 1.5 days
clomid 5 days
Cytadren 6 hours
Ephedrine 6 hours
T3 10 hours

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I believe someone just made up most of this article. Detection times of Win oral and Win Inject are different? Its the same compound with no ester, detection time would be the same. Again this is an unscientific article made up by someone. I would take this article with a grain of salt.....

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
When I was in the Marines and on a med float I was accused of using AAS when after we stopped in turkey I put on 12lbs in a few weeks. They pushed and pressed and searched for it and found nada. They banned me from the ship gym and I started doing push up and lifting things in the cargo bay lol.....

I do know that at that time if you accused someone of AAS use and you were wrong the rule of thumb was you had to reimburse the government for the $250.00 and nobody wanted to do that....

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I skimmed some parts, and it's bullshit. Some squid probly wrote it.

When I was in the Marines and on a med float I was accused of using AAS when after we stopped in turkey I put on 12lbs in a few weeks. They pushed and pressed and searched for it and found nada. They banned me from the ship gym and I started doing push up and lifting things in the cargo bay lol.....

I do know that at that time if you accused someone of AAS use and you were wrong the rule of thumb was you had to reimburse the government for the $250.00 and nobody wanted to do that....

Me too! I was in Iraq 2005, Ramadi. Near the end of the deployment I was hitting up the gym daily on camp ramadi. Put on A LOT of size fast, at least 10-15lbs. Everyone took notice and you start hearing rumors. Soon after the rumors started we had a "health and comfort" inspection. Found nothing but muscletech.

Bionixx

Bionixx

MuscleHead
Dec 6, 2011
I had a friend that was discharged from the ARMY for a positive test for marijuana. They didn't have cutoffs because they used MS urinalysis-Spectroscopy and any amount was detectable. Well he had to have a hearing before a committee to determine dischage. It took 1 yr for the hearing to take place and he was discharged (Not dishonorable) and they were very serious, but with rehablitation such as outpatient treatment and NA meetings it might have been different and may not have been discharged. It is very hard to say what might have happened. Wouldn't risk it!

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I was in for 23 years and was tested for EVERYTHING under the sun, but never were we tested for AAS............who knows?
Maybe part of the "don't ask don't tell" policy..lmfao!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic