Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Mike Mentzer

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
My first cycle was a 10CC bottle of 250MG steris test cyp with the old 1 CC a week, with 2 CC a week for weeks 5-6, and taper back down to 1CC for 7-8. That and 20mg of pink thai Dbol a day for the first 4 weeks. Packed on like 25 lbs, and got moved from Safety to Linebacker lol.

First time I ran fina from a conversion kit in the early 2000s it was 1CC/75mg M/W/F. Was strong, ripped, angry and ready to fuk anything that moved.

In my 30's in the 2010's when I was competing in powerlifting, I'd run 500mg test, 200mg deca and usually 20ishmg of dbol for last 4-6 weeks leading to the meet. Sometimes I'd drop the dbol and add a little halo just for meet week - especially if I was cutting weight.

I was shocked when I'd see guys who could barely bench 315 saying they were on a gram of test as a base. Early 2010's is at least when I started personally seeing guys taking stupid amounts of gear and not having the bodies or strength to show for it. When I started with gear late 90s/early 2000s, I was told by really large and strong humans to keep the whole stack to 1g a week tops.

Also - I was always told that Mentzer never used heavy duty during his olympia years?

Same as I was originally taught.
(Before the forums and the internet days)
It was the pyramid method.
1cc, 2cc, 3cc stay there for x amount of weeks then taper back down the same way.

funny we are probably from different parts of the world , have never met but both received the same info. I wonder who started this?
Must have been a book or maybe underground news letter?

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
My first show I had a bottle of Brovel Test, some Anapolons from South America and a bottle of Ganabol....A few Halos and some lasixs the week of the show. That was all everyone was on back then. And we didnt just do one show like the kids are doing today, did no less than 3 shows Spring-Fall.

Turning Pro today is so much easier with more opportunities, back in the day u either won the North American or had to win your weight class at Nationals. Now it seems every other show has an opportunity to earn a Pro Card. I stopped being a NPC judge when they changed the format to include guys in board shorts and all the other retarded divisions. I get why they did it but it just watered down the sport IMO.

The older guys at alot of the shows freely disclose what and how much they took to the younger competitors, yet they dont want to believe someone can get on stage with so little gear....I just laugh even though its pretty sad what they believe is true and the potential harm to their bodies.
I also think the gear was better back then and didn't require as much...well as much as some think they need. I've done a couple cycles up to 5g/week. (an experiment with multiple compounds and not something I'll ever do again). Didn't do any more for me than keeping it under 1,000 mg, except eat up cash.

Between the morons that think they can take something and grow without training & proper nutrition and the ones that think they need an entire pharmacy to get huge I just shake my head. Less is best.
Same as I was originally taught.
(Before the forums and the internet days)
It was the pyramid method.
1cc, 2cc, 3cc stay there for x amount of weeks then taper back down the same way.

funny we are probably from different parts of the world , have never met but both received the same info. I wonder who started this?
Must have been a book or maybe underground news letter?
Yep, back in the day (LOL) it was pyramid up and down with no pct

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
And although I have never agreed with FD before and likely will not again.(LOL) low dose was the name of the game because we never had these crazy amounts available AND certainly not the choices that are available now.
I used Bill Phillips Anabolic Reference Guide and still do low doses like the ones proposed in that book to this day.
Most just don't want to put in the work all they want is immediate (or sooner) gratification.
Mentzer came out with his "Heavy Duty" bullshit waaaay back and he had a great physique but I myself do not feel it was built by this method nor maintained by it.
He sold it as a book and program and made big bucks though.
That anabolic reference guide was like my bible back in the day... read that thing cover to cover many times.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I also think the gear was better back then and didn't require as much...well as much as some think they need. I've done a couple cycles up to 5g/week. (an experiment with multiple compounds and not something I'll ever do again). Didn't do any more for me than keeping it under 1,000 mg, except eat up cash.

Between the morons that think they can take something and grow without training & proper nutrition and the ones that think they need an entire pharmacy to get huge I just shake my head. Less is best.

Yep, back in the day (LOL) it was pyramid up and down with no pct
I use to pyramid everything just like the book said. PCT? I don’t think it was even in the book!

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I remember reading the member “Big Cat” steroid profiles on the original bodybuilding website going back now about 20 years ago. He had a profile on each steroid, and it was actually very good reading material. I learned a lot.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I should name a new training regimen and sell it on youtube, call it "middle aged muscle" or something with just teasers and then sell the program and a few personal phone calls etc geared just towards your personal goals
make a couple more million.
I remember reading the member “Big Cat” steroid profiles on the original bodybuilding website going back now about 20 years ago. He had a profile on each steroid, and it was actually very good reading material. I learned a lot.
I recall Big Cat as well..........LOL

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
There are rumors that Mentzer took a lot of deca.
You know, I almost hesitate to post this because some people will do it and they shouldn't. Deca is one of those drugs that seems almost pedestrian at 300mg to 400mg per week. However, when you are TRULY BIG...like four pounds per inch big...deca is like magic at higher doses. Deca at doses north of a gram every week and eating pounds of meat every day is one of the ways that guys like Mike and Dorian got to be the monsters of their day. Mike was still a big believer in aesthetics though.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
You know, I almost hesitate to post this because some people will do it and they shouldn't. Deca is one of those drugs that seems almost pedestrian at 300mg to 400mg per week. However, when you are TRULY BIG...like four pounds per inch big...deca is like magic at higher doses. Deca at doses north of a gram every week and eating pounds of meat every day is one of the ways that guys like Mike and Dorian got to be the monsters of their day. Mike was still a big believer in aesthetics though.
I liked Mike and Dorian. It’s hard to even imagine someone having the ability to run a g of deca. I’d imagine they’d end up as the equivalent of a muscular eunuch. LOL….genetic freaks though.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I should name a new training regimen and sell it on youtube, call it "middle aged muscle" or something with just teasers and then sell the program and a few personal phone calls etc geared just towards your personal goals
make a couple more million.

I recall Big Cat as well..........LOL
Big Cat went a little nutty. I remember he was compounding some raws with ethanol. He was reporting all sorts of weird experiments for a while. Then he put out some very rich new profiles that were pretty good. He and I debated a lot. I don't think he liked me much at all. He just diappeared. Is he still around anywhere? I think he was from Holland.. not sure I recall right.

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
I liked Mike and Dorian. It’s hard to even imagine someone having the ability to run a g of deca. I’d imagine they’d end up as the equivalent of a muscular eunuch. LOL….genetic freaks though.
Nandrolone is now and will always be best stacked with lots of food. One of the BEST cycles I was ever on was 300mg Sustanon and 300mg Deca EOD along with a tiny rock hard A-bomb daily LOL. I went from 259 to 294 in one summer and it was GLORIOUS lol.

In my opinion, given the hard work put in, the proper amount of food, and enough gear...anyone can be BIG. You don't have to be a genetic freak to be big. However, you do have to be a genetic freak to win shows LOL. Being big and winning shows are two completely different things LOL.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Big Cat went a little nutty. I remember he was compounding some raws with ethanol. He was reporting all sorts of weird experiments for a while. Then he put out some very rich new profiles that were pretty good. He and I debated a lot. I don't think he liked me much at all. He just diappeared. Is he still around anywhere? I think he was from Holland.. not sure I recall right.
No, he passed away years ago. Good man, I idolized him in the early 2000’s. RIP Big Cat

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic