Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Mike Matthews books

E

Eup

Mar 13, 2015
I've read both books and I'm starting to use his beyond bigger stronger program anyone have thoughts on his books ? Good training ? Is it hype ? Is it too basic ?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Never read a book, just get in the gym watch the older guys, eat a good diet, get plenty of sleep.....

E

Eup

Mar 13, 2015
Well flying dragon while I may have to disagree there needs to be a method to your madness and that is not good advice sorry
That's like trying to make a pie a kinda guessing the ingredients maybe it will taste good ? Any routines you post i may take a pass on since I have been doing this 20 plus years and that's the worst advice I have gotten lol

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Well flying dragon while I may have to disagree there needs to be a method to your madness and that is not good advice sorry
It's not really. People tend to over complicate matters in the information age. Buy 19 books about bodybuilding and get 19 different opinions.

One thing that they all will have in common though -excess cals, train hard, get rest.

E

Eup

Mar 13, 2015
If you read Mathews books actually his programs are the most simplified that's why I asked

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you read Mathews books actually his programs are the most simplified that's why I asked
Well then I suppose the answer to your question is no, they aren't too basic.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
The time spent reading a book is time away from the gym.....If u have been doing this for 20 years and still have not figured it out something is wrong.....

E

Eup

Mar 13, 2015
Well fd I see your approach is just do it but sorry I like to work smarter not harder but feel free to keep working harder apparently you don't agree with Phil Heath who has the same views. He must not have it figured out I guess.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Well fd I see your approach is just do it but sorry I like to work smarter not harder but feel free to keep working harder apparently you don't agree with Phil Heath who has the same views. He must not have it figured out I guess.
Why don't you go ask Phil Heath then.

And one thing you HAVE NOT figured out in your "20 years" is that it's all about working harder in this game. In the words of the great Dorian Yates, "you want to make it harder, not easier".

E

Eup

Mar 13, 2015
Ok I see this is getting negative because all the "pros" on here have the answers. I for one have enough figured out just always looking to up my game with some useful insight so anyone with something actually positive to say would be nice.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok I see this is getting negative because all the "pros" on here have the answers. I for one have enough figured out just always looking to up my game with some useful insight so anyone with something actually positive to say would be nice.
Maybe if you change your tone, you might get some help. Until then, Google is your friend.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Wondering why bother asking a question on the internet and then argue and insult people with different views...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic