Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Micronutrient Deficiencies in America

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
If you haven’t already, look up Shawn Baker. Author of The Carnivore Diet book, 5+ year carnivore eater, competitive athlete, educator, started up MeatRx.com and so on. Knows his shit, practices what he preaches, and dispels a lot of institutional dogma.
I share videos as a quick and simple examples and intro of persons and topics.

As a matter of fact I did look into this guy. Did you also know he had his medical license suspended for two years because of medical malpractice, It was reinstated in 2019 but he has not been able to get hired as a doctor again.. So now he runs MeatRx and promotes it and himself on the internet. He believes anecdotal evidence is much more important that scientific evidence. Go figure. TB this guy found a way to make money since he can't find a job as a doctor. He puts out misinformation and claims science is not trustable. There was a study done in 1923 at Belview Hospital on two guys who at meat only for a year. They lost 50% of their calcium. Thank you for sharing this but I put NO stock in anything put on YouTube. The fact remain as I pointed out.....meat does not have all the necessary vitamin and minerals the human body MUST have to properly function. Yo have to either add other food sources or a multivitamin. My wife grew eating mostly meat. She was having some pretty bad health issues and found her vitamin and mineral panels sucked. She still eats strict keto but has lowered the meats to avoid the amino acids being converted into glycogen and eats plenty of vegies along with a multi-vitamin. 100% improvement on the blood work. But neither of us is going to make a YouTube video.

Meat eggs organ meat....none of the contain all the needed vitamin or minerals. Again, cats thrive this way, humans can not. But then it is your life and your doctor bill. Once you get up to my age you will understand how bad diets take a toll on our health.

Thanks again TB we agree on quite a few things and I am sure you are a great guy in person.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
As a matter of fact I did look into this guy. Did you also know he had his medical license suspended for two years because of medical malpractice, It was reinstated in 2019 but he has not been able to get hired as a doctor again.. So now he runs MeatRx and promotes it and himself on the internet. He believes anecdotal evidence is much more important that scientific evidence. Go figure. TB this guy found a way to make money since he can't find a job as a doctor. He puts out misinformation and claims science is not trustable. There was a study done in 1923 at Belview Hospital on two guys who at meat only for a year. They lost 50% of their calcium. Thank you for sharing this but I put NO stock in anything put on YouTube. The fact remain as I pointed out.....meat does not have all the necessary vitamin and minerals the human body MUST have to properly function. Yo have to either add other food sources or a multivitamin. My wife grew eating mostly meat. She was having some pretty bad health issues and found her vitamin and mineral panels sucked. She still eats strict keto but has lowered the meats to avoid the amino acids being converted into glycogen and eats plenty of vegies along with a multi-vitamin. 100% improvement on the blood work. But neither of us is going to make a YouTube video.

Meat eggs organ meat....none of the contain all the needed vitamin or minerals. Again, cats thrive this way, humans can not. But then it is your life and your doctor bill. Once you get up to my age you will understand how bad diets take a toll on our health.

Thanks again TB we agree on quite a few things and I am sure you are a great guy in person.

Well aware of the license suspension as he’s addressed it countless times.
You’ll stand corrected:
Couple years ago he updated on it — when his license was reinstated. He has chose (not been prevented) from practicing under his license. His choice (at this point) is to educate and to enjoy his own projects. MeatRx was/is simply one small part of spreading education.
The dogma of the institutionalized “healthcare” (which is actually sick care) establishment is a very unappealing domain for growing numbers of articulate medical professionals who are against the tyrannical gov’t and monstrous corporate control within it.
Shawn Baker doesn’t make his living from MeatRx. Ugh……

He’s able to practice medicine (as a surgeon, which is what he did in the military) but chooses not to. He’s authored a successful book, does private consults, and got Harvard on board to do a legit study on carnivory.

I was unable to copy and paste his 2019 update from his Instagram, so I did a few screen shots to post in sequence (hopefully in sequence!).
CF39BCA5-289C-4A2F-9F90-40EE9A4A92B3.jpeg
F1C5CB32-5D18-4BFD-B646-C72D128A953E.jpeg
F4602F7F-DBBE-43E0-905A-F5D332D7AA9B.jpeg

Attachments

• 8A53BBDD-2AEC-4AA9-B844-8E9B300D2F48.jpeg
    8A53BBDD-2AEC-4AA9-B844-8E9B300D2F48.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 65
testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
@Bigtex,
You’ve really got a lot to gain (everyone does) by getting up to speed on the health benefits of the superior carnivore way of eating.
Profoundly beneficial and most natural to human design.
I’ve been a lengthy vegetarian in years past, was vegan for well over a year — followed all the “gurus” and mainstream promoters of such dietary styles and like all others I’ve been able to observe long term (who did/are doing the same),my health suffered in numerous ways as the result.
Animal foods alone, we can thrive on. Plant foods alone, health eventually suffers — it’s impossible (without heavy supplementation) to thrive on a plant based only way of eating.
Disagree as you may.
37 months ago I once again dove headfirst and full throttle into a commitment with a new way of eating just as I approached all other ways/diets. Carnivore has proven itself beyond vegetarian, exclusively vegan, and a combo of meat and plants… so called “clean eating,” and the SAD.
It’s simply far and away superior.
And likely, unless you take it on as a personal so experiment for a solid month minimum, as well as dive into all the knowledge one can obtain about it from its practitioners and educators, you’ll miss out and forever be a plant defender.

Another YouTube vid (your favorite) of Shawn addressing the medical license debacle a couple years ago:

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
OK...another YOUTUBE video TB? Anyone can do these. So where did he prove his vitamin and mineral status is good? Perhaps a good old fashion comprehensive vitamin and mineral panel would be nice to see. TB I just entered 5 pounds of beef with fat trimmed to a diet analysis. Tell me what you are missing, then prove to me by some means other than a YOUTUBE video that we can alter our body to not need at minimum, the RDA of vitamins and minerals? I think all sports medicine docs I have talked to agree athletes need way more than the RDA. Now honestly I have no care in how you chose to eat but I do care that other read this and might get influenced. We are simply not cavemen and have evolved past that a long time ago. We did evolve from being Neanderthals.

Eat meat, I am a firm believer in that but we are human beings and can not magically alter our body to be a carnivore and live like a cat. I certainly agree the RDA is too low but hell you at least have to meet those needs. Take a look at the lack of some very important minerals below?

TB, I eat no vegies......I also take a Centrum multivitamin ever day. My blood work says ALL of the vitamin and minerals are in the normal to high normal range.

Yes, anyone can do a youtube vid. Not everyone is a Dr. who has been actually doing pure carnovior for 5 years and is perfectly healthy. So he is much more qualified to speak on the matter than ANYONE here. If you look hard enough you can find some level of "dirt" on anyone. Bottom line is when people can't disprove what someone is saying they will resort to character assassination. See where this is heading?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
First off, when I posted this study my intention was to raise awareness of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Then the extreme diet guys come and start pushing their extreme diet agendas and total cause this whole thread to be as train wreck. Surprised, not really I expected it. I just hope and pray that people that read this board have better sense than to just follow advice about eating these types of diets with out doing some real research. Always question everything you hear especially on the internet. YouTube videos and sites that sell products are a HORRIBLE place to get medical of fitness advice. Hell, probably everyone here eats huge amounts of protein already so why is it you two keep on and on with this carnivore stuff? We all get exceptional results and most of us are bodybuilders or powerlifters who compete. Anyway......

Guys, it takes a BIG fuck up for a medical doctor to have his license suspended for malpractice. Especially when you are a orthopedic doctor. But then when you have a medical doctor who is in a profession that is guided by medical research and says anecdotal evidence is much more important than science, it is little wonder this guy charged with medical malpractice. He can tell you what he wants but after a serious charge like that there is no one in their right mind in the medical community that would hire this guy. He would be a huge risk to hire. But then when an orthopedic doctor practices nutrition, a field that he is neither educated in or certified to practice, I am not shocked he had his medical license suspended.

Gunslinger, your pal TB asked me what I know about this character. But then I figured you would jump in sooner or later.......EAT MEAT. I had already looked into it as I do anyone who presents . I do this same thing with ALL who speak as authorities and read good and bad. I just posted what I found. But then I also found posting where this clown spends a lots of time assassinating those that are vegans regularly on social media. Pretty classy right. If his extreme agenda is so strong then why the need to attack vegans? Looks at the shirts he wears? Kind of childish for a medical professional to be trolling social media to get professional attention? No I didn't look for dirt, it is all over the internet. I didn't put it there. And yes pal, those types of things speak loudly for his professional character. Why did he get his twitter account shut down? Any idea?

Sill no answers where you guys intend to get your vitamins and minerals from? Losing 50% of your calcium is nothing a good thing (science) . But then that is your business. Still no documentation on how you magically change the biological and physiological function of the human body to act more like a cat's? No idea how even cats have diabetes? What with all that protein how could their blood sugar be high? But then that doesn't matter either, just keep pretending you are a cat, hell I like cats of all kinds. But I do care about the lives and health of those innocently reading this misinformation. I can tell you this.....if I preached this carnivore diet like you two do at my job, I would be fired too for irresponsible practice. Anyway, for all who buy into these extreme diets. Caveat Emptor, buyer beware........ Maybe I need to start doing YouTube videos. I could be a real authority. Then I could get on Twitter and Instagram and promote myself as a guru. Imagine the followers I would have. I can see a huge marketing scheme going on here. Might be bigger than Rich Piana...........OK, I am back to reality.

My wife and I just spent $250 on friggin' meat at the grocery store. That will last about a week. Hardly had room in the basket for anything else. But I will say this.....if the price of meat keep going up like it has been this year. We will live off friggin' beans and tortillas.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
@Bigtex

“ Hell, probably everyone here eats huge amounts of protein already so why is it you two keep on and on with this carnivore stuff? ”

I don’t doubt that. BUT, not all protein is optimal. Animal (beef in particular… and eggs) are optimal. Supplements and plant based proteins are very low on the scale so far as proper amino acid profile and bioavailability.

And to reiterate; Shawn Baker’s license was NOT suspended by the board. He CHOOSE to surrender it rather than spend hundreds of thousands defending his position against institutional bureaucracy.
The same bullshit institutional “science” that claims saturated fat is the cause of CVD. Thanks Ancel Keys and Proctor & Gamble.
Upon review — his license was reinstated.
What part of it all did you miss??

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
@Bigtex,

“ Sill no answers where you guys intend to get your vitamins and minerals from? Losing 50% of your calcium is nothing a good thing (science) ”

You’re actually worse off for calcium on a plant based diet. Why? Because you need such a higher level of it due to the oxalate content in plants. Antinutrients (i.e, oxalates, etc) in plants act as natural insecticides for their survival, but when we consume them, minerals in particular (like calcium) bind to them, all but entirely eliminating absorption. This also is a primary cause of calcium oxalate buildup that results in kidney stones, as well as calcium deposits / buildup in arteries.
Carnivorous diets require far less calcium because the amount that is obtained from meat, minus oxalates, is efficiently absorbed — highly bioavailable.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
@Bigtex,

“ Why did he get his twitter account shut down? Any idea?”

You have to begin figuring out things like this for yourself.
WHY?
Because the 1st amendment is all but gone now particularly in the US.
Speech, expression is likely more hardcore censored now than ever in history. Can’t talk about COVID or your social media gets censored or removed. Same as Trump’s did, and same as anyone who continually challenged controlled institutional narratives about establishment health standards in general.
There is no challenge to institutional narratives allowed anymore — you’re NOT in a “Free” country my dude.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
What nutrition content on paper says is FAR different than what’s useable.
More than being WHAT we eat (“you are what you eat”) — We are what we absorb.
Bioavailability — active / useable forms of nutrients are most optimal, and those are what animal foods excel in…… far and away beyond supplements and plant based foods.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
My wife and I just spent $250 on friggin' meat at the grocery store. That will last about a week. Hardly had room in the basket for anything else. But I will say this.....if the price of meat keep going up like it has been this year. We will live off friggin' beans and tortillas.

I hear that Brother Tex! We just got a 1/4 beef. $780 for 145 lbs of meat; that averages out to $5.40/lb. Pricey when you are talking about $5.40 for burger but not when you are talking about a filet mignon or Porterhouse. I'm also not above throwing a fresh deer road kill in the back of the truck. That's $0.00//lb for 40 lbs. Only out my time to butcher it.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
@Bigtex

“ Hell, probably everyone here eats huge amounts of protein already so why is it you two keep on and on with this carnivore stuff? ”

I don’t doubt that. BUT, not all protein is optimal. Animal (beef in particular… and eggs) are optimal. Supplements and plant based proteins are very low on the scale so far as proper amino acid profile and bioavailability.

And to reiterate; Shawn Baker’s license was NOT suspended by the board. He CHOOSE to surrender it rather than spend hundreds of thousands defending his position against institutional bureaucracy.
The same bullshit institutional “science” that claims saturated fat is the cause of CVD. Thanks Ancel Keys and Proctor & Gamble.
Upon review — his license was reinstated.
What part of it all did you miss??

TB, I found the board legal paper work. He had no choice but to surrender his medical license. The board gave him no choice in the matter. His license was reinstated in 2109 with stipulations.. Apparently I missed none of it and will be happy to find the legal documents again for you to read. Institutional bureaucracy? So why did he get in to medicine in the 1st place. It has always been full of bureaucracy. Maybe he should practice in Mexico? I think the same science YOU and this guy criticize has also found that saturated fat is not the cause of CVD. I even teach that is class. This has been known for quite some time. Two guys I know have been heavily involved in this type of research for over 15 years. Even my personal cardiologist pushes the keto diet. But then eating huge amounts of protein will kick you out of ketosis pretty quickly. As science suspects with some people, carbs and saturated fats seem to be the problem with CHD. There is a relatively big percent of the USA that appears to not have a problem with either. Dude, I would love to see your vitamin/mineral profile as well as your advance lipid/small particle profile. But then from visiting many orthopedist in my time, this is an area they know little about.

One thing you don't seem to grasp is scientific literature is data found during a study. When it is repeated and the same data found it is generally accepted by the scientific community. Most of us aware that nothing is a fact FACT in science. However one thing that is fact is there there is absolutely NO research on your ALL meet agenda, that speaks loudly. It gets easy to preach the "feel it" idea then. Not sure anyone in science is interesting in spending money of what to most is obvious. Humans aren't carnivore. TB nothing in science is set in stone......imagine that. Sooner or later as time goes, we discover other things going on that may completely negate what we though was known. That is why most in science have open minds. Now when internet gurus jump on one study or current fads they might in fact be setting quite few up for serious health problems. The fact that humans are OMNIVORS and not CARNIVORS says we are able to exist eating a huge variety of foods. That certainly doesn't mean it is an optimal existence but a means of survival.

My wife grew up eating noting but red meat. She is 58 years old and has had much more experience doing this than YOU or your YouTube expert. She also never went to a doctor as most do when they are young. But as we age the damage is already done and problems start to set in. So we start having blood work done and see we weren't eating so well as we were brought up believing. She still eats meat, but has added an array of vegies to her diet as well as a multi vitamin a much better diet that what I eat. She also discovered that a ketosis diet is NOT and all you can eat red meat diet. Too much protein and it gets converted to glucose. As I mentioned there is an old study on record of two guys who ate nothing but red meat for 1 year. Their calcium values alone had decreased by 50%. Imagine that? But then red meat doesn't have much calcium. So you go through a long period of time how has that lack of calcium affected your body? How about vitamin C? Why do you think early sailors got scurvy? Why do you take D3? You have yet to explain to me with some kind of scientific literature how we convert our Omnivorous human body to a carnivorous cats body?

My last question is why do you two guys push your diet choice to the point of being totally exhausting to the rest of us? I have observed this since the 90's that people who do these extreme diets and training programs are hell bent on shoving it down every one's throat. I saw the same thing with the Zone diet etc etc. Even the HIT training fanatics of the 90's did the same. Hell bent on proving the rest of us were wrong and they had the knowledge of the only way to perfectly train. It tried HIT, it sucked donkey balls for me. I tried the Zone and all different forms of Ketosis and they ALL sucked for me. Life is too damn short to restrict myself to eating 1 fucking thing. I love a good steak, hell I live in Texas but I'll be damned if I don't also love pecan pie or ice cream. I won't live like my wife and never know what it taste like and wishing she did. My blood work look pretty damn good. I'll be sure to post my advance lipid profile tomorrow when it come in. I cooked everything in coconut oil for the past week just for the occasion. Now that shit is good!

Again, this posting was about Americans being vitamin and mineral deficient. EAT RED MEAT is your solution. Tell that to the millions of low to medium income families in the USA. Maybe you are rich since you can afford to buy meat online and have it delivered to your door. The rest of us have to get the cheap shit from Walmart or Costco etc (if at all) and don't have the funds to buy large amounts or the expensive shit at the butcher. This diet is not only impractical for most Americans, it has in NO WAY been proven by anyone to be safe and healthy in the long run.

Last....I realize I am wasting my breath on YOU and the other one but I only hope my waste of time postings are read by those who are interested in how they can prevent vitamin and mineral deficiencies. I earned a long time ago as a for real world class lifter than these having plenty of vitamin and minerals is pretty damn important to being at the top of your game.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic