Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Metformin xr

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
i use met year round as well. It made a HUGE difference for me.

Agreed with taking it year round if you can get your hands on it and no active EtOH ABUSE (not use, abuse). No data with those AAS. Keep in mind it can cause B12 deficiency so keep after that.

Extraglucose effects include modest improvements in lipid profile (per RCTs) and questionable b cell preservation. I'm subbed for life.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Taking metformin with insulin and growth hormone is absolutely a good idea. I don't really see the benefits in fat loss, but I do see a major benefit with preventing metabolic syndrome that growth hormone can produce or exacerbate and modify insulin sensitivity

Jimmyinkedup

Jimmyinkedup

Aug 22, 2012
I don't think I have seen anyone say it blocks absorption of CHO. Maybe that's what the OP is asking, not sure. I use it for the exact purpose you describe. To shut off hepatic output. On a cyclical keto, there is always those couple of days where you feel like shit after your carb bonanza. Met knocks that down to one day for me, two at most.

I've also used it when I ran insulin. And I ran a fuck ton of slin. 30iu per day split pre and post workout. I got retarded with it. The bloating was incredible. SHINE had recommended I take it on off slin days as well as after coming off to maintain insulin sensitivity. It also seemed to cut back the bloating I was having.

Thank you i knew there was something else i used it for. When i was running slin i did 5 on, 2 off and on the off i ran it to maintain slin sensitivity. I still hated it cause it messed with my stomach but it def maintained insulin sensitivity.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Agreed with taking it year round if you can get your hands on it and no active EtOH ABUSE (not use, abuse). No data with those AAS. Keep in mind it can cause B12 deficiency so keep after that.

Extraglucose effects include modest improvements in lipid profile (per RCTs) and questionable b cell preservation. I'm subbed for life.
b12

i do use b12 injections to counter that

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic