Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Metformin use associated with lower risk of joint replacement in people with type 2 diabetes

Druss

Druss

Oct 23, 2022
makes sense since it reduces inflammation, probably works on non-diabetics too if it was prescribed to normals, there are a lot of good sides to metformin including anti-cancer effects, and while its a bit anti-anabolic, if might be worth it to us old fart bodybuilders :)

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
Jay Cutler was using metformin when he would carb up. I use it b/c I am pre-diab.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Jay Cutler was using metformin when he would carb up. I use it b/c I am pre-diab.
How's it working for you? Any before/after blood work related to hdl/trigs? I'm thinking of putting myself on it to get my fasted trigs down from 181.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
How's it working for you? Any before/after blood work related to hdl/trigs? I'm thinking of putting myself on it to get my fasted trigs down from 181.
It works. It's better than having to jab insulin. I had to do that for about six months then switched to oral. I am suppose to take met twice per day. I don't anymore. I only use it if my sugar levels are over 160. To monitor glucose I just prick my finger and test. I don't eat anything that has processed sugars, fructose, and keep the carbs moderate. It does not manage cholesterol/trigs. For cholesterol/trigs I am suppose to drop one 160mg of Fenofibrate. I haven't experienced any side effects with either pharma product. I just rather manage the levels through nutrition and cardio. I eat a lot of lean chicken and ground beef. Met is a good product if you have a shitty pancreas like I do aka shit for genetics. The human engineer fucked up.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic