MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
That was really interesting!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
LEF Life Extension Foundation doctors have been advocating low dose Metformin with meals to keep insulin receptors sensitive healthy as we age. There is a fair amount of peer reviewed research supporting this.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
what is a low dose of metformin?

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
Met is great for women.

Met lowers Test in men.

Latest news from both MD Mag and Physics-Chem-Math-Health Mag that I receive.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
http://www.lifeextension.com/Featured Articles/2003/8/Metformin Dosage/Page 01

The Last part is what would concern me if your on any PH, Oral AAS or Drink alcohol.

Precaution: There was a drug that was very similar to metformin, called phenformin, which was removed from the market by the FDA in 1976. Some physicians gave this drug to patients with kidney or liver problems, or congestive heart failure. Some of these patients died due to lactic acidosis build-up because a healthy kidney and liver were needed to metabolize the drug. It is not recommended that people who have liver or kidney problems, or congestive heart failure, use metformin due to the drug's similarities to phenformin. Those who drink excessive amounts of alcohol should not take metformin.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
I took it now and then when I was on HGH but I wasn't on any oral aas and I knew not to take it on my bourbon night :)
if it did anything for me, it wasn't anything I could tell.
I feel like taking too many drugs at once, if you're not competing in anything, is prob getting your system all "tangled up" and best to keep a simple stack.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Been using met for 6 years on and off....past year though have been consistent at daily 500mg daily.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic