Latest Member
Rolanalon

Mental Toughness Study (U.S. Athletes)

J

jvonstietz

Jan 8, 2017

Your participation is needed to help understand

the mindset of a Strength Sport Athlete

(Weightlifting, Powerlifting, CrossFit, Strongman Highland Games, etc.)

You already know that strength sports are challenging mentally and physically,

but why do some people excel more than others at such challenging sports?

Do you want to be one of the athletes who advances our understanding

of how mental attitudes affect our physical abilities?​

To participate in a study about the mental aspects related to facing difficult challenges in strength sports go to:

https://alliant.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eaGXJlQpYQgNojj

My name is Jason von Stietz and I am a graduate student at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University-Los Angeles. Those who are at least 18 years of age, have competed in at least one sanctioned strength sport competition and are fluent in English are encouraged to fill put my survey on the beliefs and attitudes held by strength sport athletes. The survey will take approximately 15-20 minutes.

If you are interested in participating in the study please click the following link:

https://alliant.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eaGXJlQpYQgNojj

If you know of anyone who qualifies to participate in this study please forward him or her this message.

In addition, to helping contribute to the scientific literature, to promoting more awareness of the strength sports, and assisting in the completion of my doctoral dissertation, each participant will be given the option of being entered into a drawing to win of one of three $20 gift cards.

If you have any questions please contact me via email at [email protected] or by phone at (949) 836-6041. You may also contact my supervisor James Garbanati, Ph.D., [email protected], 1000 S. Fremont Ave., Unit 5, Building A8, Alhambra, CA 91803, (626) 270-3305.

Thank you for your interest.

Jason von Stietz

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic