Latest Member
Kiddorism

Mental aspect vid from Chad Aichs

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Amma sent me this.Awesomeness at it's best

I wanna say that this pic is the start of a transformation.It is from nationals last year before the first event.

bad face.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Great advice. I love him.

Amma

Amma

TID StrongWoman
Jul 18, 2011
MM...you will totally luv this. He's coming up this month and my kids are going to interview him. This should be fun.

Any questions I should pass on to the little people here?

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I spotted and loaded at a meet at Super Training where him and his bud did the push pull both missing 800 plus pound pulls on their 3rd's.

Great nice friendly guys I was back spotting the pulls and had to stop both from falling back on their miss and I tell you these are some solid thick dudes.

They had to stop the meet for a few after each of Chads pull attempt to clean the blood from his nose that was all over the bar and floor lol.

I do what he is saying as much as possible but I'm not as crazy as him not even close but he is correct if I go to the bar with heavy weight or just challenging weight like I am now I can't even mentally set up to unrack my mind is pissing all over myself.

So when I'm asked about it or get a funny look I just say I have to do this to shut my head up I do not want my head telling me I can't and it will if you let it.

I do not total the weight he does but that blacking out it happens to us all that push ourselves beyond ourselves.

I had my dick invert on me while walking out heavy weight and I missed the lift because I freaked out on my dick. A teammate told me it has happened to him before. Most fucked up feeling ever!

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
MM...you will totally luv this. He's coming up this month and my kids are going to interview him. This should be fun.

Lol I'm 260 plus and I'm little next to him no lie but Donny Thompson is far the largest I have seen he is HUGE!

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

Jul 8, 2011

Road trip! When will he be there? I made a big button with his face in the middle of a big red heart, to show my devotion. Can't wait to see the interview :)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Mommy I'm scared!!!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
It's awesome when you get in that zone.... I've been lucky to be around some of the top lifters in the world and every one of them flips that switch on the platform..... even with my puny numbers I can see the difference between meets where I'm switched on and meets when I can't get it going.... The meet where I got my first pro total I didn't remember pushing a few of my teammates out of the way walking to the platform...... good thing for me to work on. Great post. Thanks.

Amma

Amma

TID StrongWoman
Jul 18, 2011
Road trip! When will he be there? I made a big button with his face in the middle of a big red heart, to show my devotion. Can't wait to see the interview :)

He is supposed to be coming up for OR Strongest Man. U really need to share a pic of that button.

Come on out!

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

Jul 8, 2011
He is supposed to be coming up for OR Strongest Man. U really need to share a pic of that button.

Come on out!

Ooooo! Will get on that. Probably can't make the show, though. *frownie face*

Amma

Amma

TID StrongWoman
Jul 18, 2011
It's awesome when you get in that zone.... I've been lucky to be around some of the top lifters in the world and every one of them flips that switch on the platform..... even with my puny numbers I can see the difference between meets where I'm switched on and meets when I can't get it going.... The meet where I got my first pro total I didn't remember pushing a few of my teammates out of the way walking to the platform...... good thing for me to work on. Great post. Thanks.

As a female I really struggle with this. I think the girls who grunt and carry on are sorta gross. I try to turn my focus inward and swear at the bar in my head. It typically works but as a rule I think this whole process is different for the females.

RR....a suggestion he shared was in training, practice events getting changed, people ragging at you or whatever unexpected event might come up that throws people off their game. We need to train for mental challenges so that at a comp, nothing shakes that focus.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

Jul 8, 2011
Amma, I agree on developing focus. Being resilient and positive is a definite key to success in all things, in my humble opine. "Gamesmanship" and changing events is just part of the process. The best athletes know they have a job to do, and they do it. No excuses.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic