Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Meniscus Tear

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Now is the time to work on your bench and seated pressing.......Seriously take focus off of your legwork and concentrate on your upper body for awhile.

I am just now back on a very light 5/3/1 on squat and Dl.It is frustrating as all hell I was well over 400 on my dl and now I expect my max is under 400.

What supplementation are you on right now?and how old are you?

BigEd33

BigEd33

Apr 26, 2011
Now is the time to work on your bench and seated pressing.......Seriously take focus off of your legwork and concentrate on your upper body for awhile.

I am just now back on a very light 5/3/1 on squat and Dl.It is frustrating as all hell I was well over 400 on my dl and now I expect my max is under 400.

What supplementation are you on right now?and how old are you?

That's true.. That is one way to turn this negative into a positive.. And I'm 24 and I'm on a simple supplement plan right now, nothing more than a multi, creatine and a pre workout and NO booster.. I take a ton of supps for my joints too.. I eat more than enough so there is no need for more than the occassional shake every now and again.. Upper body does need some work so you're right, this is the time to shift focus..

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Ya while I was down for 2 years my weight was only 185lbs and I was benching 365lbs, now I'm a squataholic an my bench sucks ass lol.

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Get it scoped. You'll be much happier and as long as the tear isn't too bad it won't take you out of commission for that long. And it can cause further problems into the future.

My knees are in poor shape so i say do what you can to make them the best possible. I've have a rt knee reconstruction and lft knee acl, mcl and menicus tear aka terrible triad. Let's say I won't be running any races....EVER.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I've had a torn miniscus on both kness. Had one scoped and the other I did not. Both are doing fairly well 5 years later.

I think it depends on how bad the tear is as far as recovery time is concerned. I went to PT for 3 weeks after the scope and even my PT was amazed at how fast it was healing. I was back to doing normal stuff and lifting within 3 months.

BigEd33

BigEd33

Apr 26, 2011
Get it scoped. You'll be much happier and as long as the tear isn't too bad it won't take you out of commission for that long. And it can cause further problems into the future.

My knees are in poor shape so i say do what you can to make them the best possible. I've have a rt knee reconstruction and lft knee acl, mcl and menicus tear aka terrible triad. Let's say I won't be running any races....EVER.

How the hell did you manage to tear the ACL, MCL & Meniscus? I shouldn't even say that as I can only imagine the pain that must've caused..

BigEd33

BigEd33

Apr 26, 2011
I've had a torn miniscus on both kness. Had one scoped and the other I did not. Both are doing fairly well 5 years later.

I think it depends on how bad the tear is as far as recovery time is concerned. I went to PT for 3 weeks after the scope and even my PT was amazed at how fast it was healing. I was back to doing normal stuff and lifting within 3 months.

I gave in and am starting PT next week.. The PT I'm seeing has worked with individuals with the same injury so hopefully she can offer some insight into recovery time/potential surgeries..

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
How the hell did you manage to tear the ACL, MCL & Meniscus? I shouldn't even say that as I can only imagine the pain that must've caused..

As stupid as this will sound. Ball hockey. No crash, no bang. I wish I could say it was from a battle with some monster but sadly no. I was chasing the ball down, it got shot back up the boards by the opposing D, I simply changed direction and pop she went.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic