Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Meeting Matt Kroczaleski

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I've got the privilege of soon to be meeting Matt Kroczaleski in a couple of days for a social meetup. I've read many of his articles and seen numerous youtube videos.

I was curious if anyone has any stories, observations, opinions, questions of him that I might be able to weave into the conversation at some point? He seems like a pretty nice guy that can provide some great information and motivation.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Pretty cool guy, this Matt Kroc. He talked with our group of weight training enthusiasts for almost three hours. He provided some great motivation, but I really liked his stories (of which he had many). He talked about coming back from all of his injuries, he talked about coming back from cancer, and he told a bunch of gym stories (some of which caused the aforementioned injuries ... lol). I actually audio recorded the conversation, and hope to edit it a bit and then post it someplace in case people want to check it out.

Anyways, if you ever have a chance to meet him...I'd recommend it.

Iron Den Pic 2.jpg

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Sweet man. Sounds like you had a good time.

What did you learn that you can implement into your training?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It's great when someone in the community gives back and takes time to help educate others.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Man an inspirational guy to have the chance to meet, sounds like a great experience

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Sweet man. Sounds like you had a good time.

What did you learn that you can implement into your training?
I really have to process what he said, and may have to listen to the conversation again in the recording I took. I think the biggest effect it had on me was purely motivational. You can really pick up on the sincerity of which he professes a love of training and training hard. And it manifests in two ways: the desire to prove the doubters wrong and that enjoyment of overcoming personal fear/insecurities/vulnerability that may form when facing an obstacle or challenge. It resonated with me, that's for sure. As a short-statured guy with lower back issues for much of my life, I feel similarly to what he does. And while I may never fully be able to go with the gusto that Matt does, I do love pushing myself for the sake of hitting that next level, and the level after that....
It's great when someone in the community gives back and takes time to help educate others.
It really feels like he loves sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm to others. And he's a great motivator. And I think he feeds off the enthusiasm of others. He told me that anytime we want him back to talk to us, he'd be available. Obviously, I know the guy is really busy. So maybe a year down the road, I'll check in with him to see how the training is coming. He's hoping to get his Pro Card in 2015.
Man an inspirational guy to have the chance to meet, sounds like a great experience
One of my favorite anecdotes was when he was getting ready to compete in his first Arnold. He was three weeks out when his doctor told him he was diagnosed with cancer. His reply "I can still lift in the Arnold, right?" lol The doc was like "uh, no ... you're getting treatment right away."

He had a lot of stories - motivating and funny. He's got a good self-deprecating sense of humor too, just the right amount to show humility but not so much that it would instill negativity.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I love this thread and all of the responses from everyone, and you as well Chris. You motivate me brother. I'm glad you got to meet him, sounds like it was a great experience. It's awesome that you got to speak with him on a personal level rather than just shaking hands and saying what's up. Great stuff bro

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Not sure how I missed this !
What a great opportunity

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Best part about powerlifting and strongman is the top guys are so chill and really make themselves available. They out out a lot of informational vids and are in touch with people thru Facebook. It's great.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Best part about powerlifting and strongman is the top guys are so chill and really make themselves available. They out out a lot of informational vids and are in touch with people thru Facebook. It's great.

Sounds pretty awesome man

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic