Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Meet Write Up.. Single ply SPF

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
This was my only meet I could do this year. Just been an odd year in timing of events.

This is my 2nd single ply meet I have done. I have a lot to still learn. Specially on Shirted Benching.

Squat Warm ups. (Titan Super Centurion) Felt good, but took one last warm up rep too late. I walked off the warm up stage into the next room and re-wrapped b/c I was in the Hole about on deck. Had a buddy wrap me for the meet. Problem was he has never wrapped me before.

-Squat Opener: 600lbs...Got it..., but it was a grinder. This was my fault for rushing it.
-Squat 2nd Attempt: 625lbs... FAIL... This got scary. This meet had the Mastodon Squat Bad with hardly any Knurling. Went down good, popped back up went to get my chest up and my knees shifted forward a hair and the bar just slide off my back. About crushed everyone. Felt like Sh!t for it too. I even had a A7 grip shirt. I had a hard time with that FAT bar. My other issue was my knee wrap. Nothing against my buddy, but the wrap style wasn't what I was use to.
-Squat 3rd Attempt: 625lbs...Got it..., I ended up wrapping myself on this one and really focused on keeping that bar on my Back. Nailed it without any real issues. This was a 50lbs Meet PR

Bench Warm ups: ( Titan Super Katana) (My Bench Daddy Killer-B Shirt Wasn't allowed.) Felt odd, but this is a new Shirt and I suck at it. My other Shirt I was closing in on 500. This shirt I'm doing good to get....Anyway warmed up Raw to 275. Bench Daddy'ed 315. The Shirted up and hit 315 to a 4brd and 3brd. Then took 315 to a 2brd and 325 to a 1brd. Time for my Opener

-Bench Opener: 365lbs...FAIL... Good touch lost it midway and couldn't lock out.
-Bench 2nd Attempt: 365lbs... Got it... Struggled a little but got it. Was just happy to get it and cont...
-Bench 3rd Attempt: 375lbs... FAIL, again good touch. but lost midway and couldn't lock out.Technique just isn't there. Strength is...I'll get better,.

Deadlift Warm ups.(Metal V-Type Suit) Felt pretty good. Calves a little sore, but all my warm ups popped right up. 135,225,315,405,455,495, and 545

-Deadlift Opener: 600lbs....Got it... Gravy
-Deadlift 2nd Attempt: 635lbs...Got it..., Went 635 to be conservative so I could pull a PR on my 3rd. Could have shot for it this attempt, but wanted to feel it out better.
-Deadlift 3rd Attempt: 660lbs..Got it..., Went up pretty good. This gave me my 10lbs PR.

3 Good Pulls let me go for a 4th. with SPF 198 Open Single ply. 660 gave me the State and National record with them.

-Deadlift 4th Attempt: 675lbs..., FAIL, Popped off the floor, but at near lockout it drifted away and I just missed the lockout. It was right there too. It was heavy and I struggled. All in all it went up faster then I thought it would go. On PLW 660lbs puts me #4 on the current ranks and only 6lbs away from making Best of the Best top 50.

Total was 1650..... just 26lbs off my last meet. But it was all b/c of the change of Bench Shirts. I'll take 2 Meet PR's, 3 State Records and 1 National Record.

Learned a lot this meet had fun and can't wait till the next meet. I just want to get 1 or 2 solid strength cycles in before another peak.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
The Good lifts and my 4th Deadlift Attempt....

I'll post my Failed Squat and Bench here shortly...

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
You Sir are an ANIMAL!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
1650 @ 185 is nothing to take lightly. Way to get after it.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Thanks everyone...

Here is how close that 675 came to locking out..

15gqyl1.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic