Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Meal service

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Does anyone use one of those meal delivery services Like freshly?
if so, which one and do you recommend it? I work some late hours and don’t really want to cook when I get home so I wouldn’t mind having a rtg meal in the fridg. It seems like most of the services want you to commit to a subscription before you even try the food.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
My wife tried to sign up but I rejected. Wasn't worth the price for us and I am a good cook, not much of a prefixed meal guy

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Sometime back @Swiper mentioned a place he'd used in the past. Pretty sure the owner was at least a recreational bodybuilder who designed the menu along commonly accepted macro guidelines. Think it was all chicken dishes, quite a few of them, and they at least sounded very tasty.

Not sure about the subscription angle, @monsoon, but I think you could order a small amount of meals per week to test-drive the product before making a larger commitment.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I used to use a company out of NJ called Fuel Meals or something. They had decent pricing and a nice selection. I believe there was a discount for a subscription plan however I would just wait for a discount code then stock up. They stayed pretty fresh even in the freezer for a month.

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
I look into them occasionally because they are always popping up in ads on tiktok.

The ones I see always require you to cook the food they send. I already know how to cook food. Most of the eating hassle is from cooking and cleaning afterward (the rest is going to get it)

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Use them on and off. Yes we can cook, but we would get things we'd probably never think to make on our own. We also picked up a few things to make on our own as well with other meals. We did home chef, green Chef, dinnerly, freshly and blue apron. Blue apron had the best choices and you could add extra protein to the meals. Home chef/green chef would be second.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Use them on and off. Yes we can cook, but we would get things we'd probably never think to make on our own. We also picked up a few things to make on our own as well with other meals. We did home chef, green Chef, dinnerly, freshly and blue apron. Blue apron had the best choices and you could add extra protein to the meals. Home chef/green chef would be second.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Thank you for a legitimate answer.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
I've used a couple of the meal prep companies. Not the cooking kit services like Hello Fresh or Blue Apron where you have to cook the food, but companies like Icon and Trifecta.

The food was good and very convenient especially after a long work day when you don't feel like cooking, but they can get expensive. I find it better to order a few to have on hand in those moments when I don't have a meal and don't feel like cooking. I'll cook most of my food for the week and keep some of these meal preps on hand just in case.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I’d take those meals from LK, he doesn’t usually offer delivery! I have tried blue Apron, Green Chef, Hello Fresh, and Every plate. I like them, but they are expensive and like you said, sometimes I just don’t want to cook a meal to that extent. Freshly does appeal to me, but I come back to price and the amount of food I can have for that cost of the program. I’ll cook a few times a week and have plenty of options for multiple meals for the week. I even have items pre packed in the freezer as a backup.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic