Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Meal question

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
For the past few days I have been eating nothing but shakes with eggs and pasta because i have been lazy to cook meat.

This is how its went usually.

Shake with 6 eggs oatmeal and 2 cups of milk and scoop of protein powder- 980 calories

Bowl of pasta- 400 calories.

I do that about 5 times a day.

Would this be enough to grow still? Or do i have to include others. I mean im still getting alot of calories, alot of protein and alot of carbs.. Does it matter that its in a shake?

I mean eggs raw or cooked are the same thing right?

Comes out to be over 6000 calories. and 300+g of protein

Last edited:
MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Your body doesn't utilize raw eggs very well.....cook 'em.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
You need to do better than that. It's not merely the quantity of calories. Hell, I can drink a few gallons of soda and get 6000-calories. Where's your veggies and fruit? White or whole grain pasta? Instant oatmeal? That's a really fucked up diet.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
You need to do better than that. It's not merely the quantity of calories. Hell, I can drink a few gallons of soda and get 6000-calories. Where's your veggies and fruit? White or whole grain pasta? Instant oatmeal? That's a really fucked up diet.

I won't get into it in much detail here, but I will say that I don't think that anybody needs white or whole grain pastas or breads. Not healthy, regardless of what the FDA wants the public to think. Sweet potatoes, yams, and other tubers are the best possible way to get your carbs, along with veggies and fruits. PM me for details on why I believe this, and know this to be true for myself and the people I have recommended it to.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
The problem with some shakes is that they are filled with protein that's going to essentially break down rapidly into glucose. I'll look around for the study that talked about it.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
^^^^Gluconeogenesis.....I knew I like Wolf for a reason.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Gluconeogenesis wouldn't happen rapidly though, it would happen after the body had used all the aminos it could and there were leftover aminos that could be converted to sugar. The way I read that post was that a study made it sound like certain protein would immediately be used as sugar after being ingested. I could be wrong there, it happens pretty often.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
I won't get into it in much detail here, but I will say that I don't think that anybody needs white or whole grain pastas or breads. Not healthy, regardless of what the FDA wants the public to think. Sweet potatoes, yams, and other tubers are the best possible way to get your carbs, along with veggies and fruits. PM me for details on why I believe this, and know this to be true for myself and the people I have recommended it to.

I very rarely eat any type of pasta. The questions were rhetorical. I agree there's much better foods than pasta, white or whole grain. However, whole grain pasta is superior to white, if you're dead set on eating pasta. Regardless, his posted diet is not conducive to lean manufacturing, and he, again, has a lot more research to do.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
I like oscar mayer and top ramen for all my dietary needs

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Glucogenesis, exactly. Aside from BCAA's, after protein is broken down and amino acids are passed through the liver there are certain amino acids that have something of upwards of a 60 percent conversion rate into glucose. Glucogenic amino acids, I believe begin the cycle of glucogenesis by effecting pyruvate which would influence the level of glucogenesis.

Depending on what brand and type of protein you will get varying degrees of BCAAs which don't function in the same way and specific levels of glucogenic amino acids which will mostly be turned into glucose.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I very rarely eat any type of pasta. The questions were rhetorical. I agree there's much better foods than pasta, white or whole grain. However, whole grain pasta is superior to white, if you're dead set on eating pasta. Regardless, his posted diet is not conducive to lean manufacturing, and he, again, has a lot more research to do.

Ive only been doing that for 2 days. I ate 2lbs of ground beef (lean) today along with a bunch of other solid food and only 2 shakes. Still got 5k calories. It was only a 2 day thing i was jw if it was going to mess anything up.

Today was:

Shake with 6 eggs and bowl of pasta
3 chicken wraps with 2 glasses of Skim milk
3 turkey burgers
Workout
2 bananas and a protein shake
2lbs of ground beef
Went to dennys after and had a grand slam!

So i did pretty good today, just for the past few days i was doing that. Couldnt eat much solid food.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
More variety of food inputs covering complex carbs, lipids and protein is the way to go KBD

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic