Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Mayweather vs. McGregor August 26th

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
Well, the fight was A LOT better then what everyone expected. Conner made it to round 10 and didn't start to get winded until round 9 so say what you want but he did a helluva job last night.

It really wasn't... Conor may have landed at a slightly higher rate than expected (low 20s), but Floyd dominated the stat line even after only showing up after the 4th, which is when Conor noticeably slowed down, as was his game plan...2/3 judges had Floyd winning 9 straight, and only 1 had him winning 3 total RDS, in which Floyd totaled 6, 10, and 12 total ATTEMPTED punches respectively.

Reactions: HGH
Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
That was the biggest con job of a fight I've ever seen. I'm life long mayweather fan. He could have won his way with great ease. This was a fix if I've ever seen one. Complete nonsense.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Lots of excuses on why a guy who was 49-0 barely beat a guy who was 0-0.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
You butt lickers owe me an apology. Mayweather, (the greatest fighter of all time) , about got his butt whipped, by a skinny white boy.....

Mrhat

not sure what fight you were watching

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
lol barely beat? I don't think you understand boxing.

that was annihilation.

I love boxing.
I am a life long mayweather fan.
That was a predetermined fixed fight. 100% WWE theatrical shit. I weep for the sport. No one walks into their 1st ever pro boxing match against the best of a generation MAYBE of all time. Keeps up very very well for 8 round then suddenly just gives up. Other side of the coin. The GOAT of boxing doesnt masturbate around the ring with no enthusiasm, 1/4 his usual defense, no clear strategy, Yet walk away with a round 10 TKO.
Also try to place a by the 10th KO bet last minute.
Also have their on again off again girl friend tweet about a fix.
Fly to and fro events with their opponent.

We all got treated like fools. Mayweather could have easily won, but for whatever reason he did this. Its a disgrace to the sport.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I love boxing.
That was a predetermined fixed fight. 100% WWE theatrical shit. I weep for the sport. No one walks into their 1st ever pro boxing match against the best of a generation MAYBE of all time. Keeps up very very well for 8 round then suddenly just gives up. Other side of the coin. The GOAT of boxing doesnt masturbate around the ring with no enthusiasm, 1/4 his usual defense, no clear strategy, Yet walk away with a round 10 TKO.

We all got treated like fools. Mayweather could have easily won, but for whatever reason he did this. Its a disgrace to the sport.
This has been going on in the sport long before this fight. This fight just made it more visible. The "WWE theatrical" analogy was dead on.
Kept us all pretty entertained for the last year, but I too weep for the sport I grew up loving and participating in (a close second to football anyway)

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I love boxing.

This has been going on in the sport long before this fight. This fight just made it more visible. The "WWE theatrical" analogy was dead on.
Kept us all pretty entertained for the last year, but I too weep for the sport I grew up loving and participating in (a close second to football anyway)

I would be wiiling to bet, if i was a betten man, that MONEY was a KEY factor!!!!

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I love boxing.

He didn't keep up very very well. He clearly got increasingly gassed as the rounds went on.

Maybe you should give boxing a try so you'll experience for yourself.

I do believe Mayweather could have won sooner. But I appreciate that he brought us an entertaining match rather than a first round KO. That's more entertaining and that's an example of Mayweather displaying skill.

That's not a "fixed" fight. That's Mayweather putting on a show. A fixed fight would have been conor winning

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
He didn't keep up very very well. He clearly got increasingly gassed as the rounds went on.

Maybe you should give boxing a try so you'll experience for yourself.

I do believe Mayweather could have won sooner. But I appreciate that he brought us an entertaining match rather than a first round KO. That's more entertaining and that's an example of Mayweather displaying skill.

That's not a "fixed" fight. That's Mayweather putting on a show. A fixed fight would have been conor winning

I boxed and did MMA for years as a youth. Combat sports came first for me. Football a distant second.
Maybe you should watch the fight again. Then do me a kindness watch my boys old fights. A show is certainly what he gave us. The problem is this show had actors.
If your the kind of fan who cant admit when something is staring you in the face well IDK what to say.
Your like the NE guys who refuse to believe Brady cheated. Just because someone is your sports hero doesn't mean they above cheating and or corruption. Jesus look at Lance Armstong.

Not to mention you didnt address my other 3 points. Lets say your a blind fella and cant watch the clown show. How about the last minute betting on specific situations? Or the scorned GF claiming she knew a fix was in? Or them hugging and taking private jets together the whole time?

Yea maybe a good sparing match at my local gym will make me forget about these things lol.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
This is silly to say the fight was fixed. The athletic commission would never allow this to happen.

In addition, McGregor had 20+ pounds on him during the fight.

For someone who has watched most of Mayweathers fights, this was another classic win. He has boxed this way for most of his career, yet others want to make opinions about a boxer who they know very little about or think its a street fight where someone is on their ass within a few minutes of punching.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic